Developer's Backdoor > GSX Backdoor

We would like to hear your suggestions about a GSX Open API

(1/13) > >>

virtuali:
As you probably know, GSX has been a very good product for us, it's by large our fastest selling product, and has constantly grown following users suggestions, and it's a way better product today than it was 9 months ago when it was released. With GSX, users are discovering way more airports than ever, since it gives life and purpose even to default airports. And, since it's 100% and officially compatible with Prepar3D, is open to the future. It's our main product, so we are not letting it going anywhere, but will keep improving it.

There are so many different uses for it and every user need is different and many 3rd party developers privately contacted me in the past to discuss some way to interface their application with GSX. Some even did it without our help, with smart reverse-engineering, but it's clear everything would work better if we openly supported an official way to interface with it.

Some example of possible applications that interface with GSX that have been suggested are:

- Controlling GSX using voice command

- Having a Virtual Co-pilot function that will operate GSX on his own

- Operating GSX from a networked PC

- Putting GSX messages on a different screen, perhaps even a different device like a phone or a tablet.

- Using GSX when sharing a cockpit when flying online

These are just examples, but I'm sure other developers might add their own ideas. There's a whole area of possible interactions for sceneries, for example. Our own sceneries use some GSX-exclusive features, maybe other scenery developers would like to use it too, this will increase the value of the scenery to GSX users, and there are many of them...

We had some discussions about how an API might work, but we would like to hear your ideas about it so, we opened a Developers area on this forum.

If you do add-ons for FSX and would like to give your feedback about what you would need to interface with GSX with your application, JOIN that area on our forum this way:

1) If you are already registered on our forum, just send me a PM (Private Message), so I can enable your user account to access that area.

OR

2) If you haven't registered to this forum yet, just do it now, and send me a short message o the forum introducing yourself, so your new account can be enabled to the Developers area.

laxclipper:
Hello FSDT,

It would be nice if you could make a ground service crew type of game, where my job would be to service the AI traffic in fsx.

Or a Cargo loading crew :)

I want to be the guy doing the push backs!!!

virtuali:
I'm sorry but, maybe my message wasn't worded clearly enough: this is NOT a post asking to suggestions for new GSX FEATURES, there are many other discussions for that.

This post is meant as a request for 3rd party developers to give their feedback about what they would like to have, as a Programming Interface, to connect THEIR OWN products to GSX. We would like to know what their needs are to make it easy for them to interface their own products with GSX. There are other places to discuss what might be added to GSX or future versions of it.

Bruce Hamilton:

--- Quote from: virtuali on November 16, 2012, 09:49:58 pm ---I'm sorry but, maybe my message wasn't worded clearly enough
--- End quote ---

Was certainly clear enough to me, Umberto.  Hopefully, lots of developers will take advantage of the opportunity.

NZEddy:
Custom pushback tool thing. Like what you guys do with your airports eg KLAX. From this parking to this node.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version