Author Topic: Approaches into Hilo  (Read 7139 times)

scottb613

Approaches into Hilo
« on: October 22, 2012, 04:47:10 pm »
Hi Folks,

Just completed my FSDT trilogy over the weekend... I now have all three products installed... Nice job folks...  Couple questions - how do real aircraft treat Hilo ? I was flying the Tin Mouse in Aloha retro "Funbird" colors from PHNL to PHTO using RC4... Since the winds were out of the East gusting to 18 - ATC directed me West to setup for the approach - right into the side of the mountain... Clouds were around 3K so not real good for the visual... How would real wold operations handle this ? 26 is the only ILS so airliners would always use 26 no matter what the winds are doing ? Since the elevation increases steeply off the approach end of 8 - would an airliner use 8 to fly a normal box pattern for landing there ? How are the AI approaches to this field setup by FSDT - does it keep AI traffic clear of the mountain ?

Regarded,
Scott

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Approaches into Hilo
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 05:35:13 pm »
How are the AI approaches to this field setup by FSDT - does it keep AI traffic clear of the mountain ?

We haven't setup any approaches, the one in use are the default from FSX. Usually, approaches in an addon scenery needs to be changed only when the airport has new runways or ILS that weren't already defined in the FSX default scenery (like at the new KORD for example), but that wasn't the case at Hilo.

As a general rule, FSX will always give a very high preference to ILS Approaches.

scottb613

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 05:55:30 pm »
Hi...

Thanks for the response - I would assume it's the same for FS9 - LOL - or am I in the wrong forum...
 ;D

Regards,
Scott

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2012, 06:05:13 pm »
Thanks for the response - I would assume it's the same for FS9 - LOL - or am I in the wrong forum...

Yes, it's the same, it's just that sometimes I forget FS9...