Author Topic: Activation question  (Read 5791 times)

LH865

Activation question
« on: June 17, 2008, 11:13:20 pm »
Dear Virtuali,

I have a small question. Today I got my new screen Samsung 2253BW once I installed it I immediately look for the new driver. Everything was good to go so I loaded my FS9 to see the result. To my surprise I had to activate my AMS and LAX of Cloud9 and Zurich. It's not a problem for me to activate this but my do I need to do this while I just changed my screen. I don't see the logic there. If I would have changed my complete system then I can understand it.

Could you please explain this to me.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Hendrik

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Activation question
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 12:05:21 am »
That shouldn't happen. I've tested several things, like upgrading video cards, upgrading memory, upgrading video card drivers, even flashing the m/b bios, and never got an activation request. So, it's strange that just updating drivers for the screen results in a reactivation.

However, please note that we don't control anything of the hardware detection routines, it's all done by the esellerate engine, which is a fairly widely used and well tested product. Our Addon Manager only reacts to what that library is telling it. And, even Esellerate have to rely on Windows itself to get informations about installed drivers. So, if Windows decided that an update of the screen drivers resulted in a change of other items in the PC config, which result in a general different hardware signature, Esellerate will take it like a hardware change, and our program will simply obey to that.

BUT, not all hardware changes necessarily consumes an activation. Some hardware changes, even if the present the activation request windows, might still be considered as "minor". So, you might only have the small annoyance of having to reply "yes" once to confirm the activation on the new hardware config, but it's not certain you really consumed one of the 6 available.

If you want to be sure about this, you can email me or PM-me with your Order N., and I can check how many activations you still have left. And, it will be absolutely no problem to give you an additional one, even in the case the hardware change was detected as a major one.

LH865

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 09:59:06 am »
I've just sent you a PM.

Thanks a lot.

LH865

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2008, 12:23:58 pm »
Umberto,

I am trying to locate the manual (fsdt_Install_Guide.pdf) but I could not find it. I have Zurich Fs9 installed. All I can find is ZurixhX_manual.pdf. I would like to know more about this 90 days auto-reclaim.

Regards

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2008, 08:41:43 pm »
The fsdt_install_guide.pdf can be found under the main FSDreamTeam folder.

The 90 days auto-reclaim is explained in detail in the FAQ on the website, with a usage example.

LH865

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2008, 02:45:17 am »
I did a search and still could not find it. My fs9 is installed on Drive D, so its D:\Programme Files\Microsoft Games\FS9\FSdreamteam. And in that folder I have Zurich and Zurich_terrain. I looked both folder and still could not find it.

Silverbird

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2008, 03:42:51 am »
I did a search and still could not find it. My fs9 is installed on Drive D, so its D:\Programme Files\Microsoft Games\FS9\FSdreamteam. And in that folder I have Zurich and Zurich_terrain. I looked both folder and still could not find it.
HI Hendrik, Its also on there faq http://www.fsdreamteam.com/faq.html :)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 03:44:48 am by Silverbird »
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

LH865

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2008, 11:26:16 am »
Thanks all. Still reading it slowly. :P I am not that bright ;D