Author Topic: OR Tambo International  (Read 6111 times)

flyboy

OR Tambo International
« on: March 26, 2008, 09:23:47 pm »

Any news when you designing OR Tambo International, Johannesburg, South Africa with it new renovations for 2010 World Cup.

Thanks

thepilot

Re: OR Tambo International
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 11:04:38 pm »
You're kidding, right?

SirIsaac726

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2008, 12:39:56 am »
The sad part is he isn't.  He posted the exact same thing in another topic.  And he says "Any new when you designing" as if FS Dream Team has already said they will make it, just no timeframe.  I think what you should say "any news if you're designing".  And then it should promptly be answered by a 'no'...I hope no time is wasted on this airport.  Spend time on airports people will buy.

CX 747-400

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2008, 06:40:23 am »
I think everyone knows that FSDT has confirmed JFK and DFW, but I would love to see both Johannesburg and Capetown done by someone that can produce a quality scenery. I for one would buy it. I spend a lot of time flying to both of these locations from not only the major hubs in Europe (Heathrow, CDG, Frankfurt, ect..) but from select locations in the USA (Atlanta, Miami, DC). I think that since there is such a lack of high quality products for all of South Africa that is would sell very well.  ;D

Jonathan
Jonathan

A part of the Flight Sim world since 1983
-----------------------
MS Windows 10 64bit Home / Intel Kaby Lake i7 @4.2 / ASUS MAX IX Hero Motherboard /Corsair DDR4 16.00G Ram /Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

thepilot

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2008, 01:46:20 pm »
FSDTs aim is to make money.
And with airports like JFK, DFW and probably PHL, LAS or whatever they'll have a lot more customers than with these airports you suggest.

flyboy

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2008, 04:50:26 pm »
Yo Dudes, I for one would like to have this Airport in my collection.
OR Tambo is the biggest airport in Africa and is growing.

The world is a big place, we can't limit ourselves to certain areas only.

FSDREAMTEAM should increase their scope by asking for help from locals of different
countries with designing and CAD skills to design their Airports.
Any person would firstly buy something they know.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2008, 05:41:27 pm »
Any person would firstly buy something they know.

That's the key sentence that sum it all: US + Europe accounts probably for more than 80% of the whole flight sim market. We had a very clear idea about how the global market is divided, when we did the XClass series for Cloud9, a Worldwide project that was sold by continent.

Sales for territories outside EU and US were quite low, I'd say 10-15% at most.

I highly doubt we'll do anything outside these two areas for some time.