Author Topic: Acceleration SDK  (Read 6195 times)

HZ9865

Acceleration SDK
« on: June 09, 2008, 05:25:15 pm »
When I hit alt I see no tool option and I have the Acccekeration SDK. Can anyone tell me how to get the tools option?

micro

Re: Acceleration SDK
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 06:32:57 pm »
The problem is in your DLL.XML file. It's the file that tells FSX what add-ons to use. So to fix the problem your going to have to edit it.

Make sure you can view "hidden files".

Go to C:\Documents and Settings\"Owner"\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX

In there you will see the dll.xml file.

Make a copy if it and save it to your desktop. This way if something goes wrong later you can fix it.

Right-click on the original and open it with Wordpad.

You will see something like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
   <Descr>Launch</Descr>
   <Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
   <Disabled>False</Disabled>
   <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
   <Launch.Addon>
      <Name>Object Placement Tool</Name>
      <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
      <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll</Path>
   </Launch.Addon>
   <Launch.Addon>
      <Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name>
      <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path>
   </Launch.Addon>
   <Launch.Addon>
      <Name>Visual Effects Tool</Name>
      <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll</Path>
   </Launch.Addon>
   <Launch.Addon><Name>FS Recorder Module</Name><Disabled>False</Disabled><ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad><Path>C:\Program Files\FS Recorder for FSX\RecorderFSX.dll</Path></Launch.Addon></SimBase.Document>

In fact you should see exactly that. So, having made a backup copy of the dll.xml to your desktop, Cut and Paste the red text above and replace the text in the original dll.xml. Save it and close it out. Then go fly in FSX and see if you get the "Tools" option.

If not, replace the copy of the original dll.xml that you have on your desktop back into its original folder, start pulling your hair out, and kick the computer. That might work too.

HZ9865

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 09:31:07 pm »
how do you show hidden Icons. Also there are like 10 dll.xml files so which one do I use. I am appologize for this. I am a complete noob

Razgriz

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2008, 09:46:19 pm »
Go to Start > Run

%APPDATA%/Microsoft/FSX/dll.xml

micro

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2008, 09:55:01 pm »
To show hidden files, double-click on My Computer. At the top, click on Tools. Select Folder Options. Click on the View tab. From the list, choose "Show Hidden files and Folders".  In that folder that I told you to go into, there is only 1 DLL.XML so use that one. Don't worry about asking questions here. That's what the forum is for! Simmers helping simmers!

HZ9865

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2008, 04:13:37 am »
Thanks for the Help! ;D