Author Topic: Quesion for Virtuali  (Read 3986 times)

kyle joseph

• American Airlines 767-200
    • KJ762AA
Quesion for Virtuali
« on: June 07, 2008, 02:36:12 am »
I have Cloud9 Washington and LA, however I am having many problems with the sceneries. DCA is now the default even when it says it is activated, and LAX looks like a permanently expired demo version

How do I re-activate both sceneries ??? (now I have 5 activations left)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Quesion for Virtuali
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2008, 11:28:16 am »
If the Addon Mananger says the scenery is Active, then IT IS Active...

If the scenery is not Active, it will not just disappear, it will work in Trial for 5-7 minutes.

If you don't see any scenery at all, it doesn't have anything to do with Activation, the "About" option in the Addon Manager is there just for the reason you don't have to think that, if the scenery do not appear, it has something to do with Activation! If you had a problem with Activation, the Addon Manager would have said "Not Active". And, of course, the scenery would run, in Trial mode.

These are several reasons why you don't see the scenery:

- You are not using the latest version of the scenery. Download it again and install it.

- The scenery is not in the Scenery Library, check this. If the scenery is not present, run the scenery installer again

- The scenery IS in the scenery library, but another scenery on top is excluding it. Move the scenery on top.

- The are double entries for the scenery. Double entries are not something like "DCA Airport" and "DCA Terrain", but 2 entries for both. This is usually due to manually try to fix the scenery.cfg. This need to be corrected manually.

kyle joseph

• American Airlines 767-200
    • KJ762AA
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 11:02:56 pm »
- The are double entries for the scenery. Double entries are not something like "DCA Airport" and "DCA Terrain", but 2 entries for both. This is usually due to manually try to fix the scenery.cfg. This need to be corrected manually.

I think its this one

in the scenery library, all I see is

1.AES basepack
2.ohare
3.Flytampa Midway
4.LOSANGELES
5.WASHINGTON

I do not see any double entries in the scenery library. and I have installed the updates for both sceneries

I did when the Amsterdam scenery vanished prompting me to download the update

I am going to the Cloud9 website now

The Addon Manager reports both sceneries as active. it is just not there

and in regards to the washington scenery, there is default scenery with the dull listless textures and bland terrain
however the C9 scenery is gone. there are no detailed textures or anything... 

what can I do, I have tried to re install the scenery, but each thime I just get

modify

repair

remove

which one should I choose  ???

There is no doubt that either scenery is active

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2008, 11:13:16 pm »
To reinstall the scenery, do a Remove first, then launch FS9, go to the scenery library, ensure the scenery has been properly removed from the list, then exit, and reinstall again.

At the end of the install, you might want to try reinstalling the stand alone Addon Manager, just to be sure, in case for any reason the Cloud9 installer put an older version (it shouldn't, because there's version and date checking in the installers). However, installing the Addon Manager at the end, wouldn't hurt in any case.

However, if the Addon Manager or the scenery weren't the last versions, you should have seen  a warning about the scenery being an old version.

If you don't get any warning, it means the scenery version is correct (or it's not installed at all!). If the Addon Mananer says the scenery is active and there's no trial sign appearing at start, it's nothing related to activation.

If you see you don't have any double entries, this left only the option of another scenery, coming from something else, that is excluding DCA. However, it seems strange that both DCA and LAX are both excluded.