Author Topic: FlorenceX Anomaly!  (Read 4228 times)

JamesChams

FlorenceX Anomaly!
« on: June 14, 2008, 11:23:15 pm »
Staff,

Can you provide support for this issue: http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=18482 ?

Thank you.
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FlorenceX Anomaly!
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2008, 01:12:20 am »
That doesn't have much to do with Florence: from the coordinates you posted and the screenshot, you were very close to the city of Cremona, at the intersection between the Po and Adda rivers, that is very far from Florence, about 180 Km north-west of it, well outside of the area covered by the scenery, which is about 12 km around the airport.

That bug is a typical mesh problem, at some place the altitude is wrong so, it's either a bug in the default mesh, or a bug in FS Global.

JamesChams

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2008, 01:33:34 am »
Staff,

I noticed a few of these bugs pop-up right after I installed the freeware versions of these sceneries.  I also have a straight-line that appears as a shadow line that has NO visible structure that blocks the light of the Sun which occurs at the airport (URBE) itself.   I have a photo of that which I will post shortly. 

Finally, I'll check with the Makers of FS Global 2008 to see if they've got a solution.

Thanks again.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 01:52:08 am by JamesChams »
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

JamesChams

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2008, 01:53:04 am »
Staff,

1.  Do the XCity Rome and Florence X require the Cloud9 Landclass/terrain to look correct with the sceneries?

I've also considered this product - http://www.fsaltitude.com/
2.  Will this flatten the default or FS Global terrain and possibly resolve this altogether?

Thanks
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2008, 10:23:24 am »
1.  Do the XCity Rome and Florence X require the Cloud9 Landclass/terrain to look correct with the sceneries?

They will look correct in any case, without any problems, but with XClass the color/classes assignments will be more real.

2.  Will this flatten the default or FS Global terrain and possibly resolve this altogether

I'm not sure if FS Altitude comes with a mesh, or it's just photo scenery. However, mesh scenery follows different rules than normal scenery. It's not enough to put something on top of something else in the Scenery Library, to give it priority. With mesh, the highest resolution one will always get displayed, regardless of its order in the library. This means the only way to fix a bug in FS Global (if this problem is indeed caused by FS Global), is to install a corrected mesh with an even higher res, which is basically impossible to get for Europe, except for selected areas.