Author Topic: Cannot Use KDFW  (Read 7210 times)

Jay1059

Cannot Use KDFW
« on: June 03, 2012, 06:47:13 pm »
KDFW has disappeared and shows "DO NOT USE" in scenery selection. I have tied to releaod it and have the updated Addon Manager program. It was working fine yesterday. Even tried re-installing FS2004 with no luck. Can anyone help me determine what happened and how to fix it?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Cannot Use KDFW
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 06:54:22 pm »
I don't know what do you mean with "Do not use", are you referring to the standard Scenery Library list ? If yes, the scenery doesn't disable itself from there, the only way it can be possibly be disabled, is either you disabled it, or a faulty installer of another product has.

In this case, either enable it manually, or uninstall it using our proper uninstaller (which will remove the area entirely) then reinstall.

Jay1059

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 07:54:32 pm »
When I first load up FS2004 and go to pick an airport, Dallas-Fort Worth shows only an active runway. When I click on it, it says "DO NOT USE" in the airport area and when the scenery loads it is a baren field.

Jay1059

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012, 11:13:25 pm »
Well, I finally got it back but I had to totally reinstall FS2004 to do it. Seems funny that it was just happening to KDFW and no other airport? It was working fine when I used it yesterday; however, my computer did reboot last night. If anyone has any ideas what could have caused this I would sure appreciate an opinion. What has me puzzled is that under the "Selected Location" on the "Create A Flight" screen in FS9, it had the words "DO NOT USE" in front of Dallas-Ft. Worth International and there was no airport....just an empty field?? Has anyone ever seen this before?