Author Topic: Missing buildings KORD FS9  (Read 29470 times)

vabrant

Missing buildings KORD FS9
« on: May 27, 2012, 12:23:31 pm »
Hi, I have had KORD installed and running without any problems since July 2011.
Installed the update in November, with no problems.
All of a sudden, today buildings do not show up at all. Only runways, taxyways and vehicles. No buildings at all, like if the scenery was not active,
What can be the cause and how to solve it?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Missing buildings KORD FS9
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 01:19:35 pm »
If the scenery lose the activation, it will not disappear, it will revert to Trial mode, with everything in place, for 5 minutes per session, and a sign indicating "Trial mode has started". If you don't see this, the problem is not related to activation.

Check all the following:

- The Addon Manager is running ( you have the Addon Manager menu )

- KORD is the most current version

- the scenery is enabled on the Scenery Library

vabrant

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2012, 01:24:16 pm »
Thank you for the reply
add-on manager running, version is version 2.0 and it is in the library.
All is there, runways, taxiways, ground vehicles and other objects part of your scenery, only the buildings are missing. I have also JFK and Zurich installed and running with no problems at all, the problem is just with KORD.
Will try to uninstall and re-install again to see what happens.

vabrant

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2012, 02:24:45 pm »
All is fine after uninstall and re-install, go figure.
Thanks anyway

darthfinkles

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2014, 01:47:22 am »
I have ORD, LAX , DFW and JFK.  My buildings disappear quite frequently in all the sceneries. It actually seems like they take turns. I'm constantly re loading the sceneries.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2014, 09:09:11 am »
I have ORD, LAX , DFW and JFK.  My buildings disappear quite frequently in all the sceneries. It actually seems like they take turns. I'm constantly re loading the sceneries.

Are you sure you are referring to the FS9 version ? This is the FS9 section, but the previous poster was likely using FSX (he said he had the Addon Manager 2.0, which is FSX only, the current FS9 version is 1.0.0.81 ).

If you use FSX, please report in the proper section.

darthfinkles

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2014, 12:01:54 am »
I use FS9. My terminal buildings often disappear on all of my scenery.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2014, 09:43:57 am »
I use FS9. My terminal buildings often disappear on all of my scenery.

Do you run FS9 under Windows 7 in any of the compatibility (XP, etc.) modes ? If yes, try to turn them off.

darthfinkles

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2014, 09:53:08 pm »
I dont recall switching the windows settings but I can look, I've been digging and cannot find where to check that out.  Where do I look?  FYI, I just reinstalled ORD and DFW, started up FS9, eveything looked good. Today I started up FS9 and ORD and DFW buildings are missing again. Thank you for your help.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2014, 09:43:40 pm »
Where do I look?again. Thank you for your help.

the Compatibility tab of the file Properties for the FS9.EXE file.

darthfinkles

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2014, 03:27:30 am »
I checked off the compatibility, it was showing Windows XP.  I re installed all the sceneries. JFK, LAX and DFW all showed complete, hopefully that stays. ORD now shows nothing. Before it was just the buildings missing, now it runways, taxiways and buildings.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2014, 09:27:18 am »
I checked off the compatibility, it was showing Windows XP.  I re installed all the sceneries. JFK, LAX and DFW all showed complete, hopefully that stays.

Sure they will, because that was the problem.

ORD now shows nothing. Before it was just the buildings missing, now it runways, taxiways and buildings.

You are probably using an outdated version of the scenery, download and install using the current installer.

agent00729

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2020, 05:16:23 am »
I am having the same problem recently. Noticed that the buildings at KORD were suddenly not there at startup. Checked to see if they were at PHNL, KLAS, And Hawaiian Airports and they were. I uninstalled/reinstalled and the buildings came back. Then, today the buildings were gone again at startup. I uninstalled/reinstalled addon manager and they still aren't there. Any solutions?

agent00729

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2021, 12:58:47 am »
Hello, I am still having this issue and was wondering what the fix is. I am not running in compatibility mode, but am on Windows 7. I have found that the only way to get KORD to show buildings is to uninstall/reinstall immediately before each flight. Even if I do this a just a few hours before, the buildings will no longer show. I have the no buildings problem periodically with all Fsdreamteam products, but it is most pronounced with KORD. I would really appreciate any help you can give.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2021, 03:40:21 pm »
Whenever you install anything for FS9, you must always install the latest stand-alone Addon Manager for FS9 as the last thing you do, because it's the latest version, which supports the new activation system, it's only included in the Stand-Alone Addon manager for FS9:

http://fsdreamteam.com/sa-addon-manager

However, we cannot guarantee it will work under Windows 7, which went completely out of support in January 2020