Author Topic: Welcome to the GSX Scenery Sharing area  (Read 33335 times)

SySo07

Re: Welcome to the GSX Scenery Sharing area
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2018, 04:26:23 pm »
Okay it s working ! thanks !

LFML is it finished ?

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2018, 04:28:26 pm »
Okay it s working ! thanks !

LFML is it finished ?
everything BUT LFPG is finished jetways.
LFPG and the just recently launched AS Simwings for Madrid LEMD will be finished bet today and tomorrow.

trisho0

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2018, 12:21:27 am »
Okay thanks !
Syso, the link to dropbox is a live one, that is I keep on adding new airports to that "GXS2 FINISHED". As of today new terminals are available LFPG... Tomorrow it will be totally finished. The rest of airports are only published if totally finished.
enjoy
Will FSDT Live Update add later, entries for airports listed from "GSX2 FINISHED"?

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2018, 12:33:30 pm »
Okay thanks !
Syso, the link to dropbox is a live one, that is I keep on adding new airports to that "GXS2 FINISHED". As of today new terminals are available LFPG... Tomorrow it will be totally finished. The rest of airports are only published if totally finished.
enjoy
Will FSDT Live Update add later, entries for airports listed from "GSX2 FINISHED"?
i have no idea, i am aware that he is really working on it since if i update the Coatl Updater 2, i see he is adding new jetways. the software just came out, give him time. i will keep on adding new ones and improving the ones i have.

DaveCT2003

• Online Virtual Pilots Association
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2019, 07:34:24 pm »
I'm wondering... are any of the Airport Config files for payware from other (non-FSDT) developers?  Example:  The EDDF Payware is produced by Aerosoft, and there is an EDDF Config file, but the details don't say if it's for the Default Airport, updated AFCAD for the default airport, or for the Aerosoft Frankfurt scenery (and if so, which one as Aerosoft has two different versions of the Airport, one for FSX/P3Dv1-v3 and one for P3Dv4+.

Many thanks in advance!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2019, 08:55:53 am »
Every GSX .INI customization file works ONLY with the AFCAD it was made with, and you can check which one is by looking at the [General] section of the .INI file so, there's no risk of adding an .INI file and using it on the wrong AFCAD, unless the AFCAD has the same name, but has been changed/updated in a way that it won't match the .INI anymore.

And no, don't worry about the full pathname you'll see in the .INI file. As explained in the GSX manual, this full path is used only as a reference to the .INI author to help him recall where the scenery was installed on his system, but GSX will IGNORE the path and will use only the bare filename. That's how you can exchange .INI files with other users: as long the active AFCAD name matches the name referenced by the GSX .INI file, it won't matter *where* the scenery is actually installed.

For 3rd party sceneries that have multiple AFCADs to choose from, you will need a separate .INI file for each one. If the difference in the various AFCAD are trivial and not related to GSX (for example, different runways active depending on wind), you can usually just make a copy of the first .INI file, and change the AFCAD name to match the alternate one, and they will switch automatically in GSX when you switch the AFCAD, provided you follow the naming convention that the first 4 letters of the filename MUST be the ICAO code of the airport, while the rest after the dash can be everything else.