Author Topic: Cloud9 F-104 re-installation .......  (Read 4747 times)

kerhuon

Cloud9 F-104 re-installation .......
« on: May 01, 2012, 01:52:52 am »
Hi

Few words to say that I'm trying to re-install my F-104 on my FS9 : FS crash happened systematically when choosing this specific plane;

So I removed it, then downloaded the 1.03 F 104 installer , then  the Stand-alone Addon Manager;

I will not tell about troubles beetween anti-virus & the bglman.dll.... >:(

nor FS crashes..(ok , as many others I did not follow the proper order of installation)..

Actually , I'm looking to an iced/stucked "Virtualy Addon Manager 1.8 who's trying to download .....nothing !   cause I'm noticed I have no internet connection (as I'm writing this topic here.... ::)

I just think the way to install / re-install this Cloud9 product is a bit.. complicated. I would have suggested a simpler way to install the product, as it is provided  for other FS addons! ..

Im going to remove this product - it was a nice FS 9 bird.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 02:24:55 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Cloud9 F-104 re-installation .......
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 02:38:48 am »
Few words to say that I'm trying to re-install my F-104 on my FS9 : FS crash happened systematically when choosing this specific plane;

So I removed it, then downloaded the 1.03 F 104 installer , then  the Stand-alone Addon Manager;

That's what you had to do, as explained on our website:

IMPORTANT

If the Cloud9 product you purchased doesn't have an FSDT updated installer yet, you have to install the Cloud9 product first, then update the Stand-alone Addon Manager

I will not tell about troubles beetween anti-virus & the bglman.dll.... >:(

That would only tell you antivirus is bugged, strange it happened with bglman.dll for FS9, since it has been a while someone reported a problem with it, unless you are referring to the Cloud9 version of the installer, which *was* less antivirus friendly, but this would have been fixed by the FSDT Addon Manager.

Actually , I'm looking to an iced/stucked "Virtualy Addon Manager 1.8 who's trying to download .....nothing !   cause I'm noticed I have no internet connection (as I'm writing this topic here.... ::)

This sentence is not very clear: do you have or not a working internet connection on the computer you run FS9 on, which is of course not necessarily the one you are writing from (hence the referral to the fact you are writing this topic is not really helpful) ?

If you are trying to say that, despite you are sure your internet connection is working, the installer can't seem to be able to find it, this is most likely caused by a security program like a firewall or the same antivirus that gave you troubles, that is blocking the download.

So, if you have a firewall software installed, you need to grant online access to the Stand-Alone Addon Manager installer, and if the problem is caused by the antivirus instead, you need to disabled for the whole installation.

I just think the way to install / re-install this Cloud9 product is a bit.. complicated. I would have suggested a simpler way to install the product, as it is provided  for other FS addons! ..

I don't see how launching an installer could be "complicated", the only bit of complexity added, is that the F104 comes with an installer made by Cloud9 in 2005 and now, 7 years later, we manage to still SUPPORT IT, by simply installing a small additional program ( the Stand-Alone Addon Manager installer ), which obviously works and will enable to use a 7 years product inside a 9 years old simulator.

I doubt you would even get an *answer* from any other product support from any company, with something so old.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 02:41:25 am by virtuali »