Author Topic: NGX OPEN DOOR 3 ?????  (Read 14522 times)

Ryanair815

NGX OPEN DOOR 3 ?????
« on: April 16, 2012, 11:01:29 pm »
Hello everyone,

Today I downloaded the gsx for fsx and must say its great ,

However on the Ngx when I request for catering services there is a problem...

The doors are not recognized as Entry AFD and FWD. they are numbered, a previous moderator said that the doors should be recognized as they are in the FMC.

This leads to a problem with "door 3 "or the Back right door on the NGX

When I request catering services, the truck will come over but the the program will beep  statingto "open door 3" even though it's already open .Thus the trolly pusher won't come out of the truck. The program will keep beeping and it's very frustrating. The problem doesnt happen on the PMDG livery but on my Ryanair NGX livery.

If someone could solve this it would mean a lot. Thanks

I checked the aircraft parameters and they are not set correctly with most NGX liveries . Will I have to customize this myself .?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 11:05:16 pm by Ryanair815 »
Ryanair Senior First Officer . 4300 Hours

B737-800

JAA PPL, CPL, MEIR , ATPL ,MCC 737-800.

Check out my Videos Below:  Both Commercial & General Aviation Included !

Youtube Chanel : http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAviator789?feature=mhee

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: NGX OPEN DOOR 3 ?????
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 01:44:55 pm »
The doors are not recognized as Entry AFD and FWD. they are numbered, a previous moderator said that the doors should be recognized as they are in the FMC.

That doesn't happen here, and it shouldn't happen. As I've said, the PMDG doors are recognized with their full name.

The program will keep beeping and it's very frustrating. The problem doesnt happen on the PMDG livery but on my Ryanair NGX livery.

Now, this is an entirely different description of the problem. Is your livery installed in a different folder than the standard PDMG ones ?

747Fan

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 12:30:17 am »
Guys,
I do have exactly the same problem. After the last update (and everything was working fine ever since I bought it - never had a problem). I get the nagging "Open door 3" message. The NGX repaints have worked before the update and are all in the right folders installed with the PMDG installer.

I tried to delete the entry in the GSX.cfg file in saving it after delete, but on restart of the GSC service it pops up as exactly the same poblem and file.

Could you kindly let us know how to get rid of this problem

best
Peter Heyn
YMML

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 12:46:46 am »
As I've said in my previous message, that doesn't happen here, and it shouldn't happen. PMDG doors are recognized with their full name.

I'll repeat the question again, because I never got an answer:

Is the problem happening ONLY with additional liveries ? If yes, are the additional liveries installed in a different folder than the standard PDMG ones ?

johndrago

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2012, 12:54:37 am »
Guys,
I do have exactly the same problem. After the last update (and everything was working fine ever since I bought it - never had a problem). I get the nagging "Open door 3" message. The NGX repaints have worked before the update and are all in the right folders installed with the PMDG installer.

I tried to delete the entry in the GSX.cfg file in saving it after delete, but on restart of the GSC service it pops up as exactly the same poblem and file.

Could you kindly let us know how to get rid of this problem

best
Peter Heyn
YMML

I have the latest updates, and I use the NGX all the time.  I have not seen this issue.  Does it only happen under certain circumstances?

- John

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2012, 01:02:45 am »
I have the latest updates, and I use the NGX all the time.  I have not seen this issue.  Does it only happen under certain circumstances?

That what I'm trying to understand, asking:

Is the problem happening ONLY with additional liveries ? If yes, are the additional liveries installed in a different folder than the standard PDMG ones ?

Without being able to get a meaningful answer.

747Fan

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2012, 04:48:48 am »
Umberto,
John,
in my case it happens all the time now. Regardless if I am parked at a FSX default airport or at an airport with add on Scenery (ORBX YMML/YBBN) it always happens with original PMDG liveries as well as add ons (Original Vigin Blue/Virgin Australia of the PMDG download site).
I start the flight, and start the GSX sequence with the "catering" option. Open fwd and back doors left and right as well as the cargo fwd back doors. Message pop up "catering vehicles in position" the trollies are moving into positon and then the "please open door 3" msg pops up. The GSX system still works but the door 3 thingy is persistant.
Peter

Added: Just to be clear, the stairs (front/back if now jetways present, otherwise back only) , catering vehicles and baggage loaders are all in the correct position and do work as they are soppose to work.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 05:18:31 am by 747Fan »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2012, 09:51:03 am »
Try to activate a log: open the Notepad and type the following on a new blank file:

logFile=couatl.log

(please note logFile is written beginning with a lower case l and a capital F )

Save the file as couatl.ini in the FSX\fsdreamteam\couatl folder, so it stays at the same level of the couatl.exe. Then go in FSX, select the PMDG and, as soon as the airplane finished loading, exit from FSX and check the couatl.log file that should have been created in the FSX\fsdreamteam\couatl folder, and post it here the content.

747Fan

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2012, 10:13:15 am »
Umberto,
file enclosed problem pops up only with the WL version of the 800 NGX.
All others are fine

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2012, 10:40:27 am »
You are using a GSX.CFG file

Found gsx.cfg file at C:\Users\Flight\AppData\Roaming\Virtuali\Airplanes\PMDG 737-800NGX WL\gsx.cfg

Can you post it too ?

747Fan

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2012, 10:52:35 am »
GSX.cfg file enclosed

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2012, 11:14:51 am »
The problem is as follows, you set this in the GSX.CFG for the [service2] door:

[service2]
flip = 4
code = 3
name = exit 3

The GSX editor normally will pre-fill the values with just the flip = 4 command, but since you added the code = 3 and name = exit 3, the GSX built-in customization which reads into a custom PMDG variable, has been lost.

You can customize just the name, if you want, but if you explicitly set the code, this will take precedence over the GSX internal code.

So, you can fix this by simply removing both code and name commands, like this:

[service2]
flip = 4

747Fan

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2012, 11:35:47 am »
Umberto I didn't add anything to the file.
Enclosed the GSX.cfg file after I altered the file and saved it in the same location as well as a sceen shot of what is showing when I load the plane and move to the Add-ons drop box/Edit Aircraft Data.
It seems, that the plane doesn't load the cfg file from the location it should load it.
best
Peter

747Fan

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2012, 11:38:56 am »
not so sure if the cfg file came through, try again

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2012, 11:54:40 am »
Ok, found the problem, it's an editor problem, try to remove the two lines using notepad instead.