Author Topic: Questions: Upcoming Projects...  (Read 8578 times)

JamesChams

Questions: Upcoming Projects...
« on: May 07, 2008, 03:11:01 am »
Dear Virtuali Staff,

I own all your products from the Acceleration F/A-18 to your recently released KORD; including the Freeware Greystone airport; and I enjoy them all.  I have, also, been reading many discussions on this forum, from you, as to your up-coming projects; but I'm a little confused.  Can you clarify a few things previously mentioned:-

1.  Will there be a Miltiary Airport Scenery Package and a the Modern Military Jet to be released?
2.  Will The Jet be either of these; the F-14, F-15, F-22 or F-35's with all its varients?
3.  Will there be DirectX 9 and/or 10 ONLY models of these aircraft?

These are enough questions for now and Thank you for making the Sim world more realistic for us pilots.
(That has often been my biggest gripe ::) )

Thank you and keep up the good work.  ;)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 03:12:57 am by JamesChams »
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Questions: Upcoming Projects...
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 10:18:41 am »
1.  Will there be a Miltiary Airport Scenery Package and a the Modern Military Jet to be released?

At this point, we are 100% sure to release KJFK and KDFW, as announced. We would really like to create a military jet, leveraging on the experience we made with the Acceleration Pack.

However, it must be very clearly stated, that this will be an FSX only project. More so, it will require Acceleration features as well. Because of this, we need to wait at least the end of this year, to decide if the market will be able to sustain an FSX-only project and, being an airplane, one that is considerably more complex (=expensive) to develop, comparing to a scenery.

2.  Will The Jet be either of these; the F-14, F-15, F-22 or F-35's with all its varients?

Since we even started a blog a while ago showing an initial work progress (it hasn't been updated though), I can say it will be the F-14

Regarding a scenery to be included in the package, we'll see. I think people would prefer we'll concentrate our development efforts more on the A/C features, than a companion scenery. Not to mention the fact the F-14 will be used mostly on carriers.

3.  Will there be DirectX 9 and/or 10 ONLY models of these aircraft?

I think the "DX9" model and "DX10" model labeling are just a way for some developers to hide the fact that they have an older FS9 model ported to FSX, that doesn't work in DX10 at all, and another FSX native version that works in DX10.

There's no such thing as a DX9 or DX10 model, if one makes a fully compliant FSX SDK model and, by fully compliant, I mean built entirely from scratch, not just importing an old FS9 model into Gmax and simply recompile it. Built it from scratch means the modeling itself was done taking into account DX10 requirements, like manifold models, etc. If an airplane is built this way, the *same* model will work flawlessly both in DX9 and DX10, just like the F/A-18.

Anyway, I would like to stress that there's no firm commitment to this project yet, and there's no planned release date. IF we'll give the project the green light, we'll *start* working on it after KDFW will be released, this means a release will not be possible sooner than 5-6 months after, at best.

« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 10:20:24 am by virtuali »

JamesChams

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2008, 07:18:23 pm »
Dear Virtuali Staff,

Thank you!  You've answered everything.  I enjoy FSX and Acceleration and am greatly looking forward to a possible F-14 A/B/D, of the caliber of your F/A-18, to fly in FSX/Acceleration.  Personally, I've completely moved to FSX and Acceleration.  I, however, have had to limit myself to many "DX9" models because, unlike your staff, many modelers are not yet competent in developing to your capabilities and are therefore giving many of us unnecessary worries.

I fully intend on purchasing all of the airports sceneries you are currently developing (KJFK/KDFW) and the F-14 and other projects you intend to build.  So, please, no worries for the market;  It will bounce back.  As for me I am hopefull and want to encourage you to keep up the good work.  ;D

Build it and We WILL Buy!  ;)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 07:23:05 pm by JamesChams »
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

Razgriz

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2008, 09:59:43 pm »
I personally think it should be an F-22 Raptor but do what you must.  IRIS is making an F-14D, so that would be questionable.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2008, 10:53:03 pm »
IRIS is making an F-14D, so that would be questionable.

There's a freeware scenery for Zurich, but that didn't affect much our sales, and you really can't beat a free scenery.

If you take the Acceleration F/A-18 just as a starting point (because, not being under so strict deadlines will allow us more design freedom), you might have an idea how we might compare against any other product.

BTW, Iris had a Phantom F4 for quite some time, but I don't think anyone questioned about the F4 we did for Cloud9, after they seen it...

Of course, if anyone would be so kind providing us with a FULL documentation, meaning full flight manual, full radar and weapons manual, for the F-22 Raptor, we might consider it...since this is obviously impossible, due to restrictions on a recent airplane, there's no way we'll simply make a nice enternal model, and slap some fantasy instruments on top of it, and then sell it.

The F-14 is easier to model realistically, because of easier access to documentation.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 10:54:44 pm by virtuali »

JamesChams

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2008, 12:30:47 am »
Dear Virtuali Staff,

Outstanding!!!

I have no doubt that your Tomcat will be in a class of it's own; and I, for one, will be buying it from you for sure.  Are you intending to make seperate cockpits for the A/ A+ /B /D with rear NFO cockpits as well?

Also, if it can be done legally (F-22 Manual), would you consider making a raptor also?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 01:00:51 am by JamesChams »
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2008, 01:59:54 am »
We haven't decided anything about the F-14, it's simply too early now. As I've said before, when KDFW will be released towards the end of this year, we'll hopefully start with it, and decide about included features.

Let's just say that, if we'll do an airplane, if we'll able to publish an FSX-only product, it will be the F-14.

About the F-22, any realistic representation of any airplane starts with precise detailed documentation and, for military airplanes, this means something like NATOPS manuals and possibly the more elusive TACOPS manuals (radar and weapons systems). This kind of documentation is almost impossible to obtain, certainly not in a legal way, for airplanes so current as the F-22.

Razgriz

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2008, 02:09:40 am »
there's no way we'll simply make a nice enternal model, and slap some fantasy instruments on top of it, and then sell it.

Like Alphasim!  :P

JamesChams

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2008, 03:10:51 am »
Dear Virtuali Staff,

Regarding the Tomcat - I hear you and will keep my fingures crossed and my wallet open.  ;D
I understand you've got a ton of work to make this a reality - A/C for the Tomcat; Firing Sidewinders, Sparrows, AMMRAAM's for the Pilot and it would have to include the Phoneix; and a rear cockpit; for the "real deal" and the enjoyment of it. Finally, I'm with the F-14 being an all FSX ONLY platform but I don't speak for everyone).

As for the Raptor Manual; I'll see what I can do and get back to you. ;)

Thanks again; for listening if nothing else.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 03:22:25 am by JamesChams »
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2008, 11:52:56 am »
Firing Sidewinders, Sparrows, AMMRAAM's for the Pilot and it would have to include the Phoneix; and a rear cockpit;

We haven't said anything about these features so please, do not assume anything to be included or not. As I've said, when KDFW will be released, will start planning what will be possible to do and what's not.

As for the Raptor Manual; I'll see what I can do and get back to you.

Thank you, that would help a lot to take it into consideration.

JamesChams

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2008, 07:13:29 pm »
Dear Virtuali Staff,

Firing Sidewinders, Sparrows, AMMRAAM's for the Pilot and it would have to include the Phoneix; and a rear cockpit;

We haven't said anything about these features so please, do not assume anything to be included or not. As I've said, when KDFW will be released, will start planning what will be possible to do and what's not.

Sure, no assumptions will be made until after the release of KDFW.  But I can hope ;)  [Even for animated "flight deck crew" on the carrier as part of the scenery; along with your F/A-18's and F-14's as AI on the Carriers.  Just things to dream and hope for from creative and skillful developers like you].

As for the Raptor Manual; I'll see what I can do and get back to you.

Thank you, that would help a lot to take it into consideration.

I'll get back to you on this... and it will eventually require you sending me, your administrative contact person's information, to be passed along for verification and information desimilation with Lockheed and possibly the U.S. DoD.  I'll let you know.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 07:15:05 pm by JamesChams »
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

Bullseye

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2008, 08:42:17 pm »
there's no way we'll simply make a nice enternal model, and slap some fantasy instruments on top of it, and then sell it.

Like Alphasim!  :P

haha, that's a good one, agreed completely! :D