Author Topic: 3.5° FLOLS glideslope  (Read 18403 times)

Orion

Re: 3.5° FLOLS glideslope
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2012, 06:48:13 am »
I dont think that's right, either... cause, along with the new underwater environment, Ive read the VRS Bug is unable to work in the Prepar3d environment. So they mustve done some things to the overall engine.
Um, yeah, of course they have.  I don't believe I've stated otherwise.

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2012, 10:04:14 am »
Spaz...

Yeah, I'd just be happy if LM re-worked the graphics/CPU workload ratio that has the graphics card handling more of the scenery and details while the CPU does the flight dynamics, AI, and whatnot. The rest is all whatever happens.

Orion...

Looking back, yes, I misread your later statements about who did what. Initially, I was speaking more about LM than I was ACES. My main point was when you said the FSX/ESP/Prepar3d engine are "as is", I figured you were bunching them together as a flight sim ONLY without mods and thats not the case. Since ACES was using the Prepar3d engine, it opens up a new arena to use that 200 deg projection sphere, along with new options that we might learn about...? Such as having a submersible vehicles, or that USN Hovercraft they briefly showed.

Later
Sludge

Orion

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2012, 06:51:07 am »
The hovercraft looks similar to freeware for FSX by Bruce Fitzgerald: http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=131264.

Can't match having submarines, though.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 06:53:44 am by Orion »

SpazSinbad

• RAN FAA: https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
    • A4G Skyhawk & Fixed Wing history scrapbook PDFs & videos RAN FAA + How to Deck Land Various Aircraft
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2012, 11:23:06 am »
Some FSX aircraft will fly in Prepar3D but not all and I'm only in early stages of using it. With Prepar3D I need an up to date computer to run it. My now 3 year old + computer runs FSX OK but not Prepar3D. Anyhoo there is another Utube video which highlights some F-35 stuff. [An F-35C ONLY USN Carrier Approach clip is here on Utube:
]

Screenshot is the HMDS virtual HUD view.

Are you Prepar3D®?

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

"Published on May 18, 2012 by LockheedMartinVideos
Prepar3D® simulation software presents a virtual world that spans from the depths of the ocean to suborbital space. See how Prepar3D can be used for immersive, experiential learning in this trailer. Since launching the software in 2010 as an evolution of Microsoft ESP technology for professional training and academic learning, Lockheed Martin has expanded ground and maritime settings, added camera sensors and enhanced its multi-player capability for distributed training exercises. Visit prepar3d.com"
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 11:46:04 am by SpazSinbad »
https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
RAN FAA A4G NAS Nowra ɐıןɐɹʇsn∀ :-)