Author Topic: a strange issue with fsdt sceneries  (Read 3428 times)

raflucgr

a strange issue with fsdt sceneries
« on: February 19, 2012, 07:35:52 pm »
Hi there!

I am facing an annoying issue with all the fsdt airports I have(lszh,lsgg,kord,kjfk,kfll,klax,kdfw, klas). Actually it appeared for the first time when all buildings disappeared(which is an acknowledged issue). As a result of this I decided to uninstall the secenries altogether(I answered yes to both question concering the coualt engine and the addon manager) with my antivirus switched off. Afterwards I rebooted my computer, then I excluded coualt.exe and bglmanx.dll from my antivirus scan and then I reinstalled all the aiports. Eventually it seemed that this process solved the issue, but actually it didn't.

Indeed all aiports displayed as they should have in the game twice but the third time all buildings and runway textures disappeared again.
I guess it's worth mentioning I've repeated the whole process something like 3 times without solving my problem.

Hopefully you could bring some lights so as to get these airports to work again.

Thanks in advance

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: a strange issue with fsdt sceneries
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 07:41:52 pm »
Have you rebooted Windows ?

It's possible that when you launched FSX for the 3rd time, the Couatl.exe didn't closed properly, likely because FSX was launched too quickly without giving it enough time to close from the previous run.

If this happens again, check with the Task Manager if you still have a Couatl.exe process running after you close FSX and if you have, just terminate it manually before launching FSX again.

raflucgr

Re: a strange issue with fsdt sceneries
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 09:44:54 pm »
Good evening Umberto.

Thank you very much for your quick answer. As you suggested coualt was still running, and I had to terminate it in the task manager(process section). For now, everything seems to be working well. If I encounter any issue, I will let you know.

Cheers