Author Topic: Real World Airline Gate Assignments for KLAX  (Read 57209 times)

XCLTM3

Real World Airline Gate Assignments for KLAX
« on: February 10, 2012, 06:23:25 am »
Anyone out there able to provide accurate data on actual gate assignments for KLAX? Specifically, Southwest Airlines & United (domestic).

Haven't been able to source any material from the net on this, and want to park at the actual gates used in real world for both my PMDG 737NGX Southwest and United.

Much appreciated.

Latebra Factum, Tertia Optio

XCLTM3

Latebra Factum, Tertia Optio

dsflyerds

• Beta tester
    • Virtual Aviation Experience
Re: Real World Airline Gate Assignments for KLAX
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 08:44:39 am »
Anyone out there able to provide accurate data on actual gate assignments for KLAX? Specifically, Southwest Airlines & United (domestic).

Haven't been able to source any material from the net on this, and want to park at the actual gates used in real world for both my PMDG 737NGX Southwest and United.

Much appreciated.

SWA Gates Term 1 1,2,3,5,7,9,11,13,14,15
US Air Term 1 4a,4b,6,8,10,12
United Domestic and Intl Term 7 & 8 (Most of the US carriers park at their respective terminals for both domestic and intl. TBIT is used for the majority of foreign carriers, along with Terminal 2)

This might be better for the gate assignments the Wikipedia page does not give specifics
http://www.lawa.org/fsw/default.aspx
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 09:00:36 am by Robert_VAE [dsflyerds] »

nelj46

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2012, 07:46:29 am »
Hi all,
I'll be uploading an updated file for KLAX that corrects all gate assignments to real world assignments as well as adds service hangar parking to the East and West complexes and GA parking on the South complex. I'm an LA local and a frequent plane watcher at LAX, so I had to do something when I kept finding Southwest at Tom Bradley International Terminal and Qantas A380s at the Southwest terminal  (; Look for the upload on Simviation. I'll be sure to post a link on here to it and any future versions I make. Oh, and thanks to FSDT for making it all possible. BEAUTIFUL scenery.

nelj46

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 07:49:07 am »
And yes, united continental uses terminal 6 with regional flights (powered by WestJet) at terminal 7. United also has service hangars just east across the highway tunnel that goes under the south runways. Southwest exclusively parks at terminal 1, which helps their turnaround times for flights, their gates being right next to the active runways. Southwest always taxis the fastest anyways. An extra fun fact: Southwest stack parks their planes at night on the east side of terminal 1

caffman263

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2012, 06:37:24 am »
united continental uses terminal 6 with regional flights (powered by WestJet) at terminal 7.

WestJet? You mean SkyWest?

UAL has gates in T6, as well as all of T7 and T8

Here's a map: http://www.lawa.org/uploadedfiles/LAX/pdf/terminalmap.pdf

Although it says American Eagle is in T4, they use one of the gates to bus to the remote Eagle gates East of Terminal 8. This map is more designed for the flying public who'd wonder where to go for an Eagle flight..  ;D

dsflyerds

• Beta tester
    • Virtual Aviation Experience
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2012, 01:02:37 am »
They are going to be moving some gate assignments in the next couple weeks. One highly anticipated one is Alaska's move to Terminal 6

nelj46

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2012, 06:07:17 am »
united continental uses terminal 6 with regional flights (powered by WestJet) at terminal 7.

WestJet? You mean SkyWest?

Yes, my bad. I tend to have a dyslexic issue with WestJet and SkyWest. Both have West in the name, close enough, hahaha

cowings1588

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2012, 06:50:10 am »
http://www.lawa.org/welcome_LAX.aspx?id=256

This one is the best strait from the LAX website.. Shows actual gate location & all the info you need..
COA
Bill

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2012, 10:06:35 am »
Seems nobody reads our manuals...look at Page 11 for the airline assignment chart. The scenery AFCAD is based on that one.

DAL777-232

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2019, 10:22:30 pm »

I have read your manuals but I was wondering if I can change the gate numbers to reflect the gates as it is now? And move all acceptable Airlines to their perspective gates?
SGT. Robert P Armstrong (Ret)

skyymann

« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2020, 09:24:57 am »
Hi Umberto,

Delta is now in T3. There was a big gate shuffle at KLAX. Any chance you might update the AFCAD?

Scott

bradl

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2020, 07:44:47 am »
Hi Umberto,

Delta is now in T3. There was a big gate shuffle at KLAX. Any chance you might update the AFCAD?

Scott

Well, seeing how there were some major taxiway changes there over the past couple of months, I wouldn't be surprised if Umberto put a KLAX update out in FSDT's schedule, after their current projects are done.

BL.