Author Topic: Would you want an Airshow Expansion Pack?  (Read 8223 times)

micro

Would you want an Airshow Expansion Pack?
« on: April 04, 2008, 07:49:17 am »
Hey guys. I wanted to find out how many of you would be interested in an expansion pack that allowed you to fly with the Blue Angels as AI. Basically, my idea is to have the entire Blue Angels demo programmed into the pack along with all of the radio calls, and then you could pick which jet you wanted to fly, and have the rest of the team as AI aircraft.

Being that it would be a big undertaking for MS, or whoever wanted to make it, I was curious what kind of a market you think they would have for it (personally I think it would be HUGE).

I sent an email to the guys at fsinsider with the basic idea, and if you would like to follow suit I would appreciate the back-up tell_fs@microsoft.com .

So what do you guys think?

Intrepid

Re: Would you want an Airshow Expansion Pack?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 03:09:53 pm »
Hey guys. I wanted to find out how many of you would be interested in an expansion pack that allowed you to fly with the Blue Angels as AI. Basically, my idea is to have the entire Blue Angels demo programmed into the pack along with all of the radio calls, and then you could pick which jet you wanted to fly, and have the rest of the team as AI aircraft.

Being that it would be a big undertaking for MS, or whoever wanted to make it, I was curious what kind of a market you think they would have for it (personally I think it would be HUGE).

I sent an email to the guys at fsinsider with the basic idea, and if you would like to follow suit I would appreciate the back-up tell_fs@microsoft.com .

So what do you guys think?

I would be interested,my INTERNET connection is not fast enough for multi player
and I defiantly would like to practice on my own first before undertaking of
others time as a multi player noob
Randy

SUBS17

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 07:38:52 pm »
I would be up for that formation is alot of fun but is it possible for this addon to include some adjustments to the Hornets FCS as in its current state it requires too much trim input in order to fly realistic formations we'd need just a tweak to remove the trim or dampen it right down to only very minor inputs required. I've forgotten the Blue Angels setting for their FBW isn't it +1g or something. Some other things which could make such an addon popular is Multiplayer compatibility for carrier Ops and inflight refuelling with Fat Albert.

deltaleader

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2008, 08:55:53 pm »
Yes that would be cool...everyone wants to be an angel ;)  I like formation flying but it is hard to find others online who like to practice unless you are on a team. I dont have time for a team but just want to fly around and have a little fun.  Also the carrier ops via mulitplayer would be awesome as well.
ex-Private Pilot, life long Flight Simmer...can't really tell you about my other hobbies...

crim3

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2008, 02:50:13 pm »
That would be very fun. The 'Chuck Yeager's Advanced Fligh Trainer', an old pc sim, had formation flight training with computer planes and I liked it very much.
It also had races. It's curious that the racing missions are launched as a novelty, now, after so many years from that :)

SUBS17

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2008, 03:56:52 pm »
I think you are quite mistaken regarding races in FSX-acceleration there so many race tracks that its taking me a while to beat them all. Top of all the tracks is the Hornet canyon race for FSX acceleration you have to be quite good to beat all of the races. BTW the IMC mission is a good example of how FS can coach a pilot for good formation flying combine that with small squares gates and you could setup any type of routine for the Blue Angels addon pack BTW you could even go as far as getting the VBA to try it out. I'm sure they would have some good input on the best approach to trainning people in formation flying.

crim3

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2008, 08:21:31 am »
I meant that the Chuck Yeager's AFT is from 1987 and it had races, but they are a novelty on FSX for the FS series. Just to mention a curiosity, not any kind of complain or argument for nothing  :-[

shylock

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2008, 03:05:32 pm »
This is a awesome idear.If you guys are ever on and see fsx blue angels public come on in and look for us.Check us out at www.fsxproblueangels.com we r looking for a number 3 and fat albert

Intrepid

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2008, 05:09:59 am »
WOW  I just watched those videos
 I have seen those Birds  for real and the videos
brought it all back.....AWSOME
Randy
 8)