Author Topic: Zurich scenery disappeared  (Read 5005 times)

falk

Zurich scenery disappeared
« on: March 30, 2008, 12:56:02 am »
Hi,

I have installed and ran successfully Zurich X since a couple of weeks (after making use of your support...).

Now, there is no Zurich airport scenery any more - all buildings are gone.
I have reinstalled Zurich X, the AddonManager indicates Zurich to be an active product but still there are no buildings - just an empty field.
The last product I installed was the Wilco Airbus Vol. 2. I haven't seen Zurich X running with this product. Are there any known issues?

Thanks
Falk

Hodge001

Re: Zurich scenery disappeared
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2008, 01:12:25 am »
Hi,

I have installed and ran successfully Zurich X since a couple of weeks (after making use of your support...).

Now, there is no Zurich airport scenery any more - all buildings are gone.
I have reinstalled Zurich X, the AddonManager indicates Zurich to be an active product but still there are no buildings - just an empty field.
The last product I installed was the Wilco Airbus Vol. 2. I haven't seen Zurich X running with this product. Are there any known issues?

Thanks
Falk

Hi Falk

It’s just a long shot but as the owner of the Level-D 767 I have had problems with that aircraft after installing a Wilco product and it was due to the Wilco installer making a corrupt entry in the DLL.xml file (located in C:/Documents and Settings/Your User Name/Application Data/Microsoft/FSX) with any luck you should have a backup DLL.xml file in this folder called DLL_XML_Before_Addon_Manager.xml

So it may be worthwhile renaming this back to DLL.xml (move the existing one to a safe place just in case). This will probably mean reinstalling Zurich, but it should give a good starting point for a second attempt at installing the Wilco product (a look through the support forums for the Aircraft should provide some guidance as to the procedure to follow as I’m pretty certain they are aware of the potential problem).

From memory I think the problem was a lack of a carriage return at the end of the last entry in the DLL.xml file (xml is a bit of a closed book to me).

Jim H

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2008, 01:30:33 am »
You might simply try to reinstall the Stand-Alone Addon Manager.

The installer already contains some code to defend itself against the Wilco corruption so, it should be able to fix a corrupted XML by itself.

falk

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2008, 12:58:39 pm »
You might simply try to reinstall the Stand-Alone Addon Manager.

The installer already contains some code to defend itself against the Wilco corruption so, it should be able to fix a corrupted XML by itself.

Thanks a lot - reinstallation of addon manager fixed the problem.
The wonderful Zurich X scenery is back again!

Thanks
Falk

Bravo21

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2008, 11:17:32 pm »
Hello

I have the same problem. But my english is very bad, sorry. How can i reinstall only the addon manager? I have only the setup for ZurichX. Or i need to uninstall the ZurichX and reinstall the ZurichX again? Thanks a lot for your help. By the way, ZurichX is a great addon for FSX!! I love it!!

Greetings from Switzerland

Marco
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 11:21:11 pm by Bravo21 »