Author Topic: Nice place we have here...  (Read 82774 times)

natbrain

Re: Nice place we have here...
« Reply #105 on: December 10, 2011, 10:36:30 pm »
Wait...so will Vancouver be developed just for FSX or for FS9 as well? Umberto, do you have the data on how the sales of the FS9 LAX are doing? I read somewhere that you said that the initial spike in sales for the FS9 LAX was much larger than that of the FSX sales. How have the sales for the FS9 done? If they're good enough, it might be worth it to do Vancouver for both FSX/FS9 also?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #106 on: December 10, 2011, 10:55:15 pm »
Wait...so will Vancouver be developed just for FSX or for FS9 as well?

We'll take the same approach as with KLAX. We'll do the FSX version as best as we could, without taking any restrain in order to ease a conversion to FS9. AFTER the FSX version will be finished, just as with KLAX, we'll evaluate the situation (and the market at that time), and decide IF we'll do an FS9 version or not.

Umberto, do you have the data on how the sales of the FS9 LAX are doing? I read somewhere that you said that the initial spike in sales for the FS9 LAX was much larger than that of the FSX sales.

You might have misunderstood what I've meant with "spike", it was mentioned just to point out that we *have* seen it, meaning we *could* measure the FS9 release impact on the sales because of it, but it was by no mean comparable to the FSX release days.

How have the sales for the FS9 done? If they're good enough, it might be worth it to do Vancouver for both FSX/FS9 also ?

They are roughly 1/5th of the FSX sales, which means they are just on the borderline of being profitable, considering the time it took to do the FS9 version, but this is KLAX, which is a very popular airport. But we are reasonably happy with it, since KLAX will likely sell well enough for the next 3-4 years so, doing the FS9 version will pay off in the end.

We don't expect CYVR to sell like KLAX (it would be a nice surprise if it will, of course), which means the FS9 version is probably less likely to ever becoming profitable, more so considering we are discussing 8-9 months in the future, and FS9 market is not going to increase by then. It has never increased, it always went down but *very* slowly in the past year, but the slow down has accelerated dramatically this year, like losing 2-3% of users ever year for the past 5 years, then losing about half of the remaining ones this year only. There's likely a "PMDG+Sandy Bridge effect" in effect, but this is what it looks like from what the data we have, which is not just sales, but it's downloads too, activations from the FSX or FS9 version of the Addon Manager, etc.

rickcyvr

« Reply #107 on: December 12, 2011, 05:28:28 pm »
I think CYVR will do pretty good! I know of a lot of people excited for this one, myself included!! ;)

smokeyupahead

« Reply #108 on: December 13, 2011, 07:51:32 pm »

CLICK HERE

;)
Good choice altough I would have preferred CYYZ. I'm in anyway....your scenery is just awesome!!!
I know Flytampa is doing Montreal..., so that's gonna make for some interesting flights back and forth!

One question: wasen't Fiumicino Intl. also in your plans, didn't we once vote it? Not that I am unhappy with Vancouver, not at all, but I just tought Fiumicino was next...

Cheers,
David DD
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 08:00:19 pm by olghetta »
DMA-GA790FX, PHENOM 965BE @ 4.0GHZ (cooling by Noctua NH-C14), ATI 6870, 6GIGS DDR2, W764BIT, FSX DELUXE (bojote's cfg. fix, uiautomationcore fix).
TRACKIR and EZDOK, REX2, ORBX, PMDG, CARENADO, FSDREAMTEAM, FLYTAMPA AND SHADE INSTEAD OF ENB SERIES (that fixed once and for all the directx crahes).

smokeyupahead

« Reply #109 on: December 13, 2011, 07:53:41 pm »
Great news, Canada is in desperate need of sceneries for the FS world, finally they are getting the attention they deserve. This will be a great scenery, can't wait to see the previews.
I totally agree!
DMA-GA790FX, PHENOM 965BE @ 4.0GHZ (cooling by Noctua NH-C14), ATI 6870, 6GIGS DDR2, W764BIT, FSX DELUXE (bojote's cfg. fix, uiautomationcore fix).
TRACKIR and EZDOK, REX2, ORBX, PMDG, CARENADO, FSDREAMTEAM, FLYTAMPA AND SHADE INSTEAD OF ENB SERIES (that fixed once and for all the directx crahes).

NG Pilot

• Who needs Airbus when you have Boeing!
« Reply #110 on: December 13, 2011, 09:34:23 pm »
Am I the only person whom is not happy with Vancouver?  :D   ... Down with Vancouver up with KMCO or KIAH!

Silverbird

« Reply #111 on: December 13, 2011, 10:00:04 pm »
Am I the only person whom is not happy with Vancouver?  :D   ... Down with Vancouver up with KMCO or KIAH!

lol I'm happy for are Canadian friends will finally have a good airport to fly into as for kmco I have been wanting that one for a long time now a redo of the cloud9 version  I guess you can call it a v2 of kmco with all the details like lax v2 would be amazing but I don't think will see one for a long time now since fsdt did not make kmia due to the fact that it was to close to kfll Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport kiah would be cool too, however you never know what future holds lol.
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

NG Pilot

• Who needs Airbus when you have Boeing!
« Reply #112 on: December 13, 2011, 10:47:35 pm »

lol I'm happy for are Canadian friends will finally have a good airport to fly into as for kmco I have been wanting that one for a long time now a redo of the cloud9 version  I guess you can call it a v2 of kmco with all the details like lax v2 would be amazing but I don't think will see one for a long time now since fsdt did not make kmia due to the fact that it was to close to kfll Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport kiah would be cool too, however you never know what future holds lol.

MCO v2 would be amazing, whats better than flying all around Florida especially if Orbx did Florida. Let me re phrase it "Am I the only Canadian whom is not happy?" :D

Silverbird

« Reply #113 on: December 14, 2011, 03:21:45 am »

MCO v2 would be amazing, whats better than flying all around Florida especially if Orbx did Florida. Let me re phrase it "Am I the only Canadian whom is not happy?" :D

True lol  :D
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

windshear

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #115 on: December 17, 2011, 07:29:53 pm »
Let me re phrase it "Am I the only Canadian whom is not happy?" :D

Probably.    ;D
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

DMac10121

• Boeing + Bombardier
« Reply #116 on: January 05, 2012, 12:45:43 am »

No, the only competion CYVR will have, is with ourselves because, we pushed the limit so high with KLAX, that it would be difficult to do better, but we already have some ideas...

What kinds of ideas? If this scenery could top KLAX it would have to be pretty much the best scenery on the planet. I don't have any idea in my mind of topping that. Animated Passengers? Moving insects? :) Wow, now I really can't wait. Any ideas you would like to share, or are those going to be kept secret? Thanks for any reply, and can't wait for release!

Silverbird

« Reply #117 on: January 05, 2012, 01:56:50 am »

No, the only competion CYVR will have, is with ourselves because, we pushed the limit so high with KLAX, that it would be difficult to do better, but we already have some ideas...

What kinds of ideas? If this scenery could top KLAX it would have to be pretty much the best scenery on the planet. I don't have any idea in my mind of topping that. Animated Passengers? Moving insects? :) Wow, now I really can't wait. Any ideas you would like to share, or are those going to be kept secret? Thanks for any reply, and can't wait for release!

Animated 3d Passengers would be cool but would only make sense at certain areas ;D
Cesar

New Jersey EWR