Author Topic: Nice place we have here...  (Read 82744 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Nice place we have here...
« on: October 26, 2011, 11:33:16 am »
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 11:35:12 am by virtuali »

flusispieler

Re: Nice place we have here...
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 12:21:53 pm »
Vancouver, fantastic :D
Good to go with you LAX scenery ;)

MrAviator512

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2011, 01:19:28 pm »
It Would Be A Nice Flight From FlyTampa's Montreal When It Comes Out To Vancouver! Although, I Would Personally Prefer An Airport Such As Denver(DEN) Or Sarasota-Bradenton(SRQ). But, Vancouver Is Still Amazing!

fwerff

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2011, 02:03:00 pm »
Oh YES!
Umberto, I have bought all your scenery's but if you make this one, I will haunt you till the day it's released  ;D
I want it, I want it, I want it!!!

If you make it, can you please ensure compatibility with the OrbX Pacific Northwest and Pacific Fjords products?

Thanks

Best regards,

Frank

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2011, 02:15:08 pm »
If you make it, can you please ensure compatibility with the OrbX Pacific Northwest and Pacific Fjords products?

Absolutely. In fact, the availability of such products is what has made us decide on Vancouver, hopefully the combination of a good scenery with a good airport will lead more users to fly there, even if they might not consider that area otherwise.

It would also make it for a nice west coast line: FSDT KLAX-> Flightbeam KSFO->FSDT CYVR->Aerosoft PANC

Main reason we decided against KMIA in the end, was its too close proximity with KFLL. And Vancouver is WAY better, from a scenic point of view.

duckbilled

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2011, 03:12:12 pm »

Absolutely. In fact, the availability of such products is what has made us decide on Vancouver, hopefully the combination of a good scenery with a good airport will lead more users to fly there, even if they might not consider that area otherwise.

It would also make it for a nice west coast line: FSDT KLAX-> Flightbeam KSFO->FSDT CYVR->Aerosoft PANC

Main reason we decided against KMIA in the end, was its too close proximity with KFLL. And Vancouver is WAY better, from a scenic point of view.

All solid reasons - I like how you are thinking in terms of connectivity to products from other developers. You are not letting others dictate your actions but you are recognizing when other developers create opportunities. CYVR really opens up the US from the north without having to deal with the performance issues in Seattle. I bet it will sell well. I bet a lot of Canadians will jump on it due to the fact that Canadian airports have been largely ignored until recently.

I also have PNW but have avoided purchasing other ORBX regions due to the lack of large airports. I am sure I am not alone. Hopefully we will see more airports in the ORBX regions - they have created an opportunity for many smaller developers that has not caught on for some reason. Out of curiosity, does the existence of ORBX scenery make it more difficult or less difficult to develop an airport? I would think less difficult because you would only have to focus on the airport and not the surrounding area. Of course, I am not a developer so I could be way off here and there is always the need to accomodate those that don't have ORBX products.

Tino

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2011, 03:36:20 pm »

Virtuali,

I wanted to express my thank you for considering a Canadian airport! Thank you so much.

This airport would fit in perfectly with PNW and other addon’s such as Vancouver+ Scenery. I really look forward to seeing the screen shots! I fly into CYVR every 2 weeks. It's a fantastic airport!

Thanks again for everything you do.

Cheers,

Tino
CYYC

sundance70

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2011, 03:37:22 pm »
Thank you FSDT!!
Asus P8P67 deluxe Motherboard
Intel i7 2600K 3.4GHZ OC @ 4.8GHZ
2 x 4GB GSkill DDR3 1600MHZ Ripjaws
EVGA GTX 570 SC - Rev 296.10
ECO ALC Cool IT system
2 x 1TB Seagate HD drives 32Mo cache
Thermalake ToughPwr 1.2KW ATX PSU
22"+18.5" SAMSUNG
Windows 7 64 Ultimate
Track IR 5
Saitek X-65F

Mr. Schutte

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2011, 04:35:53 pm »
Great news, Canada is in desperate need of sceneries for the FS world, finally they are getting the attention they deserve. This will be a great scenery, can't wait to see the previews.

tod

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2011, 05:10:39 pm »
YES YES TO FSX/FS9 CYVR. I usually read posts rather than write but I won't pass up on this one. Being from Vancouver and living abroad for the past few years, this is incredible news (yes I miss home but you're already making it better). Plus we don't get too many top-rated scenery developers venturing into the North so this is huge. First FT announced Montreal, now this. Luvin it!! Oh I can't wait to virtually fly home. FSDT you rock. Can't thank you enough.  Cheers from HK. ;D ;D
Asus P8P67 EVO Mobo B3 Rev
Intel i7 2600K 3.4GHZ OC @ 4.6GHZ
2 x 2GB GSkill DDR3 1600MHZ Ripjaws 6-8-6-24
Asus NVidia GTX 580 - 1538MB
Corsair Professional HX850W PSU
1 Kingston SSDNow 128GB
1TB Seagate HDD
37" SAMSUNG LCD
Windows 7 64 Home Premium
Saitek Pro Flight, Logitech Xtreme

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2011, 05:35:53 pm »
Damn I hope KLAX for sells like WILDFIRE! I have been needing CYVR for YEARS!!!! GREAT CHOICE!!! And for us FS9ners, we also have the legendary FZ Portland too! Now all we need is a good KSAN and KGEG and the West Coast will be complete... (for the most part)

For us FS9ners, will it be compatable with Vancouver+?

Silverbird

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2011, 06:35:28 pm »

CLICK HERE

;)

Very Interesting choice Umberto hope it works out well will be fun to fly into cyvr Canada has been lacking good quality airports for a long time now.
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

fwerff

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2011, 06:37:29 pm »

Great! Thank you!
The suspense for release is already getting to me  ;D

Regards,
Frank

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2011, 06:41:53 pm »
For us FS9ners, will it be compatable with Vancouver+?

Didn't he previously state that LAX would most likely be the final FS9 version?  Probably even more so, with Lockheed Martin releasing Prepar3D...
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

romeocharlie

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2011, 06:56:42 pm »
Didn't he previously state that LAX would most likely be the final FS9 version?  Probably even more so, with Lockheed Martin releasing Prepar3D...

And so it begins...