Author Topic: Nice place we have here...  (Read 83159 times)

aircanadajet

Re: Nice place we have here...
« Reply #90 on: November 04, 2011, 03:15:16 am »
Bruce, thanks for those links; I did not know about so many amateur poorly designed add ons! Wow. I would not waste my time and disk space in such files. I am so happy FSDT is making this airport!!!

duckbilled

« Reply #91 on: November 04, 2011, 03:54:01 am »
I do not get why there is so much controversy over this announcement. FSDT does international hubs - usually in North America. Canada has very few high quality airport scenery add ons. CYVR seems like a logical choice. Maybe CYYZ, KIAH or KMIA would have been a better choice but its not like they picked UG29 or something.

And yes, Canada has gotten the shaft on scenery. I'd love to see scenery for Edmonton, Calgary or even some places way up north like Whitehorse, Yellowknife or Iqaluit. Sure, they may not be FSDT's cup of tea but they would make for some interesting flights - especially in the winter. Nonetheless, the US, Mexico and the Caribbean have a lot of scenery for FSX and it is about time that Canada gets some love.

Although I know FSDT would do a better job at MIA, LatinVFR's will be released sooner. I would buy theirs first and there is a good chance that I would skip FSDT's MIA after purchasing the LatinVFR version. I'll replace a Blueprint or a freeware airport but LatinVFR's stuff is usually in the ballpark. In fact, I can't think of one LatinVFR airport that I currently own that I would replace unless a lot of work went in to the surrounding area.

Lastly, FSDT has been pretty successful in this business and it would be nice if some individuals would give them the benefit of the doubt. They know what is best for their company. I want them to succeed and I believe they know how to do it.

MrSpeaker

« Reply #92 on: November 04, 2011, 03:31:51 pm »
I really think that fsdt and flytampa are going to be surprised by there venture into Canadian territory, just like in hockey when there is only one Canadian team left in the playoffs the whole country rally's behind it so to will every Canadian fs enthusiast rally behind there scenery, but time will tell I suppose, My only concern/question to fsdt is what song are you going to pick for Vancouver? I really love how you guys do that.

Ian
Ian

I7 975 Extreme @ 4.2 Ghz
Nvidia 260 GTX
Gigabyte X58-UD7
6GB Corsair Dominator 1600
Raptors
Corsair 800D Obsidian
XP 64
HP 24 In Widescreen
BOSE Companion 3
Seinfeld Quote of the Month:

"  It's like I'm Neil Armstrong. I turn around for a sip of Tang and. you jump out first

NG Pilot

• Who needs Airbus when you have Boeing!
« Reply #93 on: November 04, 2011, 05:03:45 pm »
I really think that fsdt and flytampa are going to be surprised by there venture into Canadian territory, just like in hockey when there is only one Canadian team left in the playoffs the whole country rally's behind it so to will every Canadian fs enthusiast rally behind there scenery, but time will tell I suppose, My only concern/question to fsdt is what song are you going to pick for Vancouver? I really love how you guys do that.

Ian

And then when their hockey team loses to the Bruins they torch their city. ;)

Tino

« Reply #94 on: November 04, 2011, 05:22:08 pm »

Ian

And then when their hockey team loses to the Bruins they torch their city. ;)

That was strickly due to the idiots who planned the riots at the time. It made our whole country look bad. Regardless, YVR will be my #1 Airport to fly in FSX :)

skimmer

« Reply #95 on: November 05, 2011, 05:54:01 am »
Virtuali ,   I am with hope that you will venture out of the ,  ( airport only scenery policy ),  and we will see some of the great city and water ways that surround the airport.

Thank you :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #96 on: November 05, 2011, 11:38:57 am »
Virtuali ,   I am with hope that you will venture out of the ,  ( airport only scenery policy ),  and we will see some of the great city and water ways that surround the airport.

This would be the last place we would even think about modeling anything outside the airport, given the availability of several addons enhancing the area, which are only missing the airport.

Alliano Ricot

« Reply #97 on: November 05, 2011, 01:09:41 pm »
 :o
Great that all i have to say GREAT!!!!!!!!( no fs9 whatever I'll on FSX as soon as I strat back working again)

willultra99

« Reply #98 on: November 05, 2011, 04:12:36 pm »
This would be the last place we would even think about modeling anything outside the airport, given the availability of several addons enhancing the area, which are only missing the airport.

You make a great point.  I was really hoping that CYYZ was going to be the Canadian airport of choice for FSDT.  Making that statment really put its into prospective.  That area only needs CYVR airport done and the whole area will be top of the scenery,  from the city to the landscape to the airport.  You guys could not have picked a better airport to do.

All the best and keep up the great work!!!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 10:49:58 am by virtuali »

rickcyvr

« Reply #99 on: November 07, 2011, 08:51:18 pm »
Thank You!! My home airport will given the makeover it needs! Look forward to it.

skimmer

« Reply #100 on: November 09, 2011, 05:32:51 pm »
Yes I guess Orbx will have the addon scenery needed around the airport. Thanks
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 07:12:37 pm by skimmer »

windshear

« Reply #101 on: November 17, 2011, 02:01:40 pm »
again wonderful choice you made for your next project!
As you are beginning to tackle these ORBX areas head on, is there any chance that you might have a go at Sydney.
I know it's well of your normal region, but FTX officially abandoned these major airports, a while back.
Adelaide, Perth and Darwin have equally been canceled.

Soon to be released is their major project for the north and south islands of New Zealand, so here we at least would be missing Auckland and Christchurch!

All the best! And thank you for all that you are doing for the simming community!

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Sammy

« Reply #102 on: November 22, 2011, 04:48:14 pm »
Fantastic a Canadian airport, good choice CYVR. Maybe CYYZ after

GrahamH

« Reply #103 on: December 01, 2011, 12:31:44 am »
Hey guys. First of all I'd like to say how thrilled I am with your choice to do Vancouver Intl as your next scenery, as it is my home base. :)

I do have a quick question... over the next few years, YVR will go through many changes including, a proposed new runway, a new terminal, and improved taxiways. The main improvement will be the construction of the "north-south taxiway" that will go over the road leading to YVR's main terminal. I'm guessing this won't be in the initial release, but I am wondering if there could be future updates when it all happens.

All this info can be found in this handy little pdf...
http://204.239.248.25/yourairport2027/pdf/yvr_masterplan.pdf

BrzI

« Reply #104 on: December 08, 2011, 04:22:32 pm »
Thank you !!

Nice to have my home airport on the FS map. And with ORBX PNW we will finally have somethign that can match FS9's Flight Zone 02.

Great, great news !!

-Sorry for being almost 2 months late in congratulating you on such a decision ;)