Author Topic: KMIA in sight?  (Read 25683 times)

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
Re: KMIA in sight?
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2011, 12:40:41 am »
You can see some previews here: http://www.flycay.com/forums/showthread.php?4138-LatinVFR-presents...-its-next-scenery!-(video)

The previews look pretty good.

I wonder how long they have been working on KMIA? I wouldn't think it would be that long, maybe a few months since it was always a project that FSDT considered and Intersim showed previews of. Even if they have been working on it for 6 months, it amazes me that they are able to complete it so quickly and Intersim had been supposedly working on it for around 2 years and still couldn't complete it.

I am interested to read some feedback from people who buy it, namely about how well it performs. I am also interested to see how the photoreal backdrop looks, how far it covers around the perimeter of the airport, how well it blends with GEX or stock textures in the area color wise, and how the night textures look. I would prefer the photoreal ground to be defined by using the main roads that border KMIA, rather than just a big chunck of photoreal slapped down over the top like Blue Print does. Those type of photoreal backdrops never look good in my opinion since they dont blend well with the surrounding area at all if you are using anything other than photoreal textures in the area. I suppose that I could always just remove the photo bgl if I dont like it and use my own photoreal backdrop for KMIA that I made last year to use with the default airport.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2011, 02:06:26 pm »
I'd rather see either FlyTampa do "Miami Rebooted", like they did with Tampa, or an FSDT version.  Those previews look no better than Blueprint to me.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

Mr. Schutte

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2011, 04:37:08 pm »
Those previews look no better than Blueprint to me.

Come on Bruce, I am sure that even you could admit that there is no comparison between BluePrint and LatinVFR. Study this;

If the differences between these two sceneries is not noticeable to you, nobody is forcing you too buy it.  ;)

777captain

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2011, 04:39:04 pm »

Come on Bruce, I am sure that even you could admit that there is no comparison between BluePrint and LatinVFR. Study this;

If the differences between these two sceneries is not noticeable to you, nobody is forcing you too buy it.  ;)

I agree with you there, it is WAAY better than BP, but the LatinVFR jetbridges look a bit wonky to me  :-\

geoffbecks

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2011, 07:14:52 pm »

I am afraid I have to agree with Bruce in this one.....I will stick with the old flytampa    sorry Latin VFR but it looks a bit too bland

Daniel Santoro

« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2011, 09:43:21 pm »
You gotta be kidding.
i7 860 @3.8Ghz /Zalman CNPS 10X Extreme cpu cooler/ GTX 560 SC 2GB/ Asus P7P55D PRO / Corsair TX 750W / 8GB ram 1600 mhz/ Saitek Pro Flight Yoke Sistem/ FSX

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2011, 01:51:55 am »
URGUHHHH!!!! DAMN I fricking HATE blueprint!!!! It looks like POOP!!!!! No more pictures!!! PLEASE!!!! :-X

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2011, 02:02:06 am »
Personally I would have hoped as well that FT or FSDT would have completed KMIA. But, Latin VFR is a solid 7 in my book so I'll take it where I can get it. And I am also sure it will be complete with AES so long as Oliver allows it... But If Virtuali makes it too, then I will buy it also using the Latin VFR version to hold me over till then...

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2011, 03:36:08 am »

I'd have to agree that it looks a lot better cosmetically than BluePrints airports. If BluePrints airports looked as good as those KMIA previews I would probably own all their airports.

keino333

« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2011, 06:16:54 am »
Personally I would have hoped as well that FT or FSDT would have completed KMIA. But, Latin VFR is a solid 7 in my book so I'll take it where I can get it. And I am also sure it will be complete with AES so long as Oliver allows it... But If Virtuali makes it too, then I will buy it also using the Latin VFR version to hold me over till then...

I 2nd that

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2011, 02:34:14 pm »
I'd have to agree that it looks a lot better cosmetically than BluePrints airports. If BluePrints airports looked as good as those KMIA previews I would probably own all their airports.

At least Blueprint makes their own textures instead of "borrowing" them from other sceneries, Latin VFR has been caught twice by FlyTampa.  For them to suddenly premiere an almost complete version of Miami has to make you wonder where they got it.  As for it getting AES, Oliver placed Latin VFR on suspension after the second incident with FlyTampa, so I wouldn't plan on it.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2011, 05:41:12 pm »

At least Blueprint makes their own textures instead of "borrowing" them from other sceneries, Latin VFR has been caught twice by FlyTampa.  For them to suddenly premiere an almost complete version of Miami has to make you wonder where they got it.  As for it getting AES, Oliver placed Latin VFR on suspension after the second incident with FlyTampa, so I wouldn't plan on it.

Textures??? TEXTURES??? WHAT FRICKING TEXTURES??? Bruce, are you going blind my friend? Textures... That's a good one.  :D He said textures...

Honestly, am I the dumb one here? Does ANYONE see texturing in Blueprint's sceneries????????? If you call using crayons to color the buildings "textures" then whatever man... ::)

Enjoy your savy Blueprint garbage...

Yes shame on Recardo. We get it already. He had better not do it again. ::) He is still miles ahead of your blueprint dirty toiletwater colored sceneries...

BTW, anyone look at the GSE vehicles in the Blurprint photo? Do they look like playschool sandbox toys or what? FAIL!  
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 05:45:54 pm by newmanix »

777captain

« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2011, 05:56:57 pm »

Bruce, just stop talking now. LatinVFR did something stupid, but they apologized, got it worked out, and then fixed it. MOVE ON.

Also, in the past 6 months they haven't released anything so that is ample time to do what they have showed us.

NG Pilot

• Who needs Airbus when you have Boeing!
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2011, 02:36:19 am »
Both LatinVFR and Blueprint are both awful. What Latin VFR did is rediculious and Blueprint's scenary is rediculious.
END OF DISCUSION ;D

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2011, 01:57:43 pm »
Textures??? TEXTURES??? WHAT FRICKING TEXTURES??? Bruce, are you going blind my friend? Textures... That's a good one.  :D He said textures...

I see you missed my point, which was that they don't steal them.  I never said they were any good.   ;)