Author Topic: WHY NONE OF THESE EVER DEVELOPED ??????  (Read 4413 times)

Jetranger

• Jetranger
WHY NONE OF THESE EVER DEVELOPED ??????
« on: November 07, 2011, 03:08:14 pm »
11/7/2011 - Jetranger here, I've been Flight simming bout' 10 years now, and out of all the web sites, seeing all the add on's from scenery to aircraft to tools,,, I recently tried searching for something I thought by now some Scenery Developer would of taken up ! That being Good Quality "Light Houses", ya ya know those tall round building that generally sit on the coastlines near the oceans and have a Light that revolves around in circles.  I like to fly fairly low in General Aircraft from Cessna Float planes to wheeled aircraft, along the coasts,, and I never see any Light houses anywhere ??  I wish I had the computer modeling skills for Gmax so I could Render a whole entire package of light houses for the west coast of the US and the East Coast, as well as the upper north lakes region and down south too from Florida to Texas - also europe and Australia,, be nice to see whole packages, instead of single seperate downloads, for example for the west coast, a package of like 12 to 15 light houses spread out from Washington State to Southern California, all with Revolving lights, either Textured in Brick or Stone, and made to look nice and not all childish like square boxy dumb looking stuff. Can it be that hard for those already who have modeling / texture skills, maybe even have some general Aircraft boat docks at the base of the Light house too !!  I was just wondering why nobody has jumped on this yet, in all these years ??? With so many Float planes thats been developed in recent years.  That and it would give good VFR Guidance to those just performing VFR flights at 2500ft to 3500ft. Well, anyway thats my thoughts - hopefully this Dream Team will take up the idea eventually and make files for "FSX" and also for those that have 2004 / fs9 version - I have FSX Gold Acceleration edition . Thank You , da, Jetranger (kmkc)

boomsonic

• BOOM!
Re: WHY NONE OF THESE EVER DEVELOPED ??????
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 03:33:30 pm »
ooo you've got a lighthouse fetish...

good point though would be cool to see a few of them dotted about.

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 05:35:45 pm »
11/7/2011 - Jetranger here, I've been Flight simming bout' 10 years now, and out of all the web sites, seeing all the add on's from scenery to aircraft to tools,,, I recently tried searching for something I thought by now some Scenery Developer would of taken up ! That being Good Quality "Light Houses", ya ya know those tall round building that generally sit on the coastlines near the oceans and have a Light that revolves around in circles.  I like to fly fairly low in General Aircraft from Cessna Float planes to wheeled aircraft, along the coasts,, and I never see any Light houses anywhere ??  I wish I had the computer modeling skills for Gmax so I could Render a whole entire package of light houses for the west coast of the US and the East Coast, as well as the upper north lakes region and down south too from Florida to Texas - also europe and Australia,, be nice to see whole packages, instead of single seperate downloads, for example for the west coast, a package of like 12 to 15 light houses spread out from Washington State to Southern California, all with Revolving lights, either Textured in Brick or Stone, and made to look nice and not all childish like square boxy dumb looking stuff. Can it be that hard for those already who have modeling / texture skills, maybe even have some general Aircraft boat docks at the base of the Light house too !!  I was just wondering why nobody has jumped on this yet, in all these years ??? With so many Float planes thats been developed in recent years.  That and it would give good VFR Guidance to those just performing VFR flights at 2500ft to 3500ft. Well, anyway thats my thoughts - hopefully this Dream Team will take up the idea eventually and make files for "FSX" and also for those that have 2004 / fs9 version - I have FSX Gold Acceleration edition . Thank You , da, Jetranger (kmkc)

FAIL... Several scenery developers have done this... ::)

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 02:19:49 pm »
Check out Orbx, their Australia landclass has lighthouses.   ;)
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

NG Pilot

• Who needs Airbus when you have Boeing!
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2011, 11:06:58 pm »
Also check out FlyTampa's TNCM

member111222

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2011, 01:09:33 am »
Why you just don't look for some good freeware lighthouses on avsim, go to Google Earth, locate the exact position of a few lh. and place them with Instant Scenery in FSX. In Munich for instance the default Television Tower was much too small. Correction was a matter of seconds. I think if you are only using it for yourself it might be okay.