Author Topic: Just My Single-mined Point.  (Read 2757 times)

Alliano Ricot

Just My Single-mined Point.
« on: November 05, 2011, 01:29:20 pm »
This is my opinion of what I'm reading here in FSDT forums.

This whole anticipation for MS Flight and other more possible non-microsoft support is nice, but do you think microsoft is going to let a well capable beast out to gain nothing more than 60 bucks for it. There is rumors of In game shops, Yes let look at what is there biggest marketplace Xbox Live so there is a big loop hole that they will or willn't let outside 3rd party make add-on unless with contract agreements. Let face it I dont know much so Im most likely to be bash soundly for this but again it just my piont of veiw.

As for Prepar3D I will wait for MS Flight instead, $499 is too much to blow in one shot and it looks like FSX to me and is it me or did it say pre license I need not hope that is just mean for one game. So that is all tell me what you think and FSDT Im in the caribbean I wish to some good one from out of the area of the world too.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
Re: Just My Single-mined Point.
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, 01:50:12 pm »
If you really want to try Prepar3d, sign up as a developer and use the $10/month option.  ;)
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Just My Single-mined Point.
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 10:03:50 pm »
Of course IF MS Flight *will* have an integrated Marketplace curated by Microsoft, it will require agreements between Microsoft and 3rd parties.

They do it already for Indie games made by individuals on the Xbox Live Marketplace, I'd take it for granted they'll do it for an hypothetical similar marketplace inside MS Flight. Again, assuming there will be one in the first place.

In any case, it's just the way the development world is going:

- Apple, which is now the most successful company in the IT world, is running a closed App store for the iPhone and taking a cut out of everything produced there, they started on the iPhone, but it has now being extended to the Mac too, and no sane Mac developer would ever *think* of NOT selling his own stuff there.

- Microsoft has already hinted that native Windows8/Metro apps will require developer certification and will be purchased on a curated app store.

- The most successful digital distribution platform for PC games (some might say PC gaming has been *saved* by them), which is Steam of course, also selects which developers to bring on, and obviously take a cut of every sale made there, and they represent about 70% of the digital delivery market on the PC

So yes, there's nothing unusual or strange about this, it's just the way the development world is going.