Author Topic: KMIA in sight?  (Read 25658 times)

Daniel Santoro

KMIA in sight?
« on: October 10, 2011, 11:31:43 pm »
Humberto, i apologise for being here talking about another company.
In case i'm braking any rule feel free to remove this thread.

I just wish to share with all the guys what seems to be a good surprise, since we all have been anxiously waiting for a KMIA version.
It's not confirmed yet but it pretty much looks like KMIA.
You can take a look here:http://www.facebook.com/pages/LatinVFR/189217107782435
More information on their website.

i7 860 @3.8Ghz /Zalman CNPS 10X Extreme cpu cooler/ GTX 560 SC 2GB/ Asus P7P55D PRO / Corsair TX 750W / 8GB ram 1600 mhz/ Saitek Pro Flight Yoke Sistem/ FSX

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
Re: KMIA in sight?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 05:55:56 am »
I thought this was going to be an "Intersim is back from the dead" Part III post, lol.

Well, it will be interesting to see how this pans out. Of course I can't help but wonder with the closing of Intersim, if LatinVFR bought the models or any part of the scenery like they did with KEYW, from Intersim. Either way, it will be interesting to see any KMIA hit the marked after what seems like years of talking about it.

I will be honest though, I have had pretty good luck with LatinVFR stuff and while it's no where near the look, quality and performance of FSDT's products, I wasn't that pleased with the last one they put out which was Kew West, namely the ground textures and the night textures they did for the photoreal, which in my opinion was way too bright.

Daniel Santoro

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 06:32:47 am »
I thought this was going to be an "Intersim is back from the dead" Part III post, lol.

Well, it will be interesting to see how this pans out. Of course I can't help but wonder with the closing of Intersim, if LatinVFR bought the models or any part of the scenery like they did with KEYW, from Intersim. Either way, it will be interesting to see any KMIA hit the marked after what seems like years of talking about it.

I will be honest though, I have had pretty good luck with LatinVFR stuff and while it's no where near the look, quality and performance of FSDT's products, I wasn't that pleased with the last one they put out which was Kew West, namely the ground textures and the night textures they did for the photoreal, which in my opinion was way too bright.

I guess Intersim is definitely dead,lol.

Despite all the mess involving LatinVFR and Intersim i wonder the same as you.It's possible that LatinVFR have bought the models of Intersim.Who knows?
I don't have Key West but i have many other sceneries like SPIM,MKJS and MDSD and i must say they are pretty good.

i7 860 @3.8Ghz /Zalman CNPS 10X Extreme cpu cooler/ GTX 560 SC 2GB/ Asus P7P55D PRO / Corsair TX 750W / 8GB ram 1600 mhz/ Saitek Pro Flight Yoke Sistem/ FSX

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2011, 02:13:54 pm »
Of course I can't help but wonder with the closing of Intersim, if LatinVFR bought the models or any part of the scenery like they did with KEYW, from Intersim.

Or stole them, like the ground textures they used from FlyTampa... Junior stated that MIA would be finished and released by Taxi2Gate, but that may have changed.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

777captain

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2011, 03:42:19 pm »
To be honeest, this looks mediocre. Look at something as simple as the threshhold marks. Blueprint did KLAX and FSDT still did it so I still have hope. If umberto announces MIA, then this scenery will probably get little to no attention, or just tide people over until FSDT.

Daniel Santoro

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2011, 09:09:04 pm »
To be honeest, this looks mediocre. Look at something as simple as the threshhold marks. Blueprint did KLAX and FSDT still did it so I still have hope. If umberto announces MIA, then this scenery will probably get little to no attention, or just tide people over until FSDT.
It's a work in progress picture.We all know the quality of FSDT products.This is not about comparing LatinVFR and FSDT.I've already seen people complaining here about the quality of LAX runway textures before the scenery was finished.
According to what has been said so far I don't belive FSDT will announce any new scenery any time soon.They are working on GSX and are also going to update ORD an JFK.
I think LatinVFR's MIA is a very good option but it's just my opinion.
And I don't work for them.I'm just a happy and satisfied costumer.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 09:22:01 pm by Daniel Santoro »

PUP4ORD

• UA777
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2011, 12:00:15 am »
Of course I can't help but wonder with the closing of Intersim, if LatinVFR bought the models or any part of the scenery like they did with KEYW, from Intersim.

Or stole them, like the ground textures they used from FlyTampa... Junior stated that MIA would be finished and released by Taxi2Gate, but that may have changed.
How did it go from Taxi2Gate to LatinVFR? Unless LatinVFR plans to release there own version of MIA ???
KENNETH M."PUP"CRADDOCK II
Ladies and Gentlemen please fasten your seatbelts for a short ride......
http://pup4ordfsxmore.blogspot.com/

ALIENWARE AURORA R4 MSWIN7 64BIT  As for the rest of it......?????????

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2011, 02:11:55 am »

A good rule of thumb is to never believe a thing JR Puente says... ::)

SirIsaac726

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2011, 06:39:13 am »

The only way they could have stolen the textures from Intersim is by having access to those textures.  In the case of the FlyTampa incident, they stole them from a released product so they had access that way.

I know the issue between LatinVFR and FlyTampa was resolved between the relevant parties but I still cannot get over how ridiculously dumb it was of them and for them to not just come out and say, "yes, there were textures used and we apologize for doing something we never should have done," pissed me off.  Instead, they tried to make it out as a big misunderstanding and mistake.  Bull.

dastri

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2011, 11:47:37 pm »
More of a reason to KEWR lol.  ;D

777captain

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2011, 05:30:15 pm »

Ah, No.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2011, 02:03:57 pm »

Ah, No.

+1.  Newark is too close in proximity to Kennedy.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

VX4ever

• Next Stop Los Angeles Intl Airport
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2011, 04:18:17 pm »

Ah, No.

+1.  Newark is too close in proximity to Kennedy.

Miami is to close to KFLL but it still is needed to, lets just jump over to a different corner, KSEA or maybe Canada LOL

777captain

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2011, 06:37:34 pm »
My theory is that LatinVFR's KMIA will be a tide over for people until FSDT does KMIA. It will just be like BP and FSDT with KLAX.

Daniel Santoro

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2011, 09:04:07 pm »
It's been confirmed.
LatinVFR KMIA soon for FSX and FS9.

You can see some previews here: http://www.flycay.com/forums/showthread.php?4138-LatinVFR-presents...-its-next-scenery!-(video)

My theory is that everyone who has been waiting for KMIA for so long will purchase this scenery.
In my opinion LatinVFR sceneries are way better than BP's.