Author Topic: KLAX for FS9  (Read 71252 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KLAX for FS9
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2011, 04:59:11 pm »
FSDT, please do create the manula exclusion file for KLAX to enable us, AFCAD users, to modify ADE files with no problems.

We compile all our AFCAD with the official MS SDK compiler which means, no editor should have trouble opening them.

Dimon

« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2011, 05:29:51 pm »
Good to hear that - thanks!!!
i7-6700k@4.6Ghz, Z170 Delux, 980Ti-6GB5700, 2TB EVO850, 16GB DDR4 RAM Win7/64 PRO.

sticky1202

« Reply #47 on: October 05, 2011, 10:59:52 pm »
Just a note, the problem is not opening the AFCAD, but when you save it using "AFCAD", some, if not all, of the taxiway signs from the default AFCAD make an appearance. I have had better success using "ADE" with FSDreamTeam sceneries. The only scenery I can't use ADE with is my Blueprint sceneries.

Jim

Dimon

« Reply #48 on: October 06, 2011, 02:42:34 am »
5 minutes googling, 10 minutes reading and 5 minutes of actual work = exclusion file for KSFO is ready and can be used with AFCAD 2.21 :D
i7-6700k@4.6Ghz, Z170 Delux, 980Ti-6GB5700, 2TB EVO850, 16GB DDR4 RAM Win7/64 PRO.

MUC

« Reply #49 on: October 06, 2011, 03:33:06 am »
The first screenshot of your work in Progress of the FS9 version  looks far better than the old cloud9 KLAX! So, to my opinion, it has allready paid off, and your work is highly appreciated. :D

natbrain

« Reply #50 on: October 06, 2011, 06:10:21 am »
Umberto,

I really like how Flightbeam makes their AFCAD file. They've gone more specific than perhaps a lot of AFCAD's by assigning specific gates to airlines (e.g. At Terminal 3, Gate 88 hosts United Airlines 757, 767, and A320, and none other. Or for example again, Gate 50 at Terminal 2 hosts Virgin America and none other). They've done a really good job at creating a really accurate  AFCAD with assignments to airlines at their real life gates, which, through past experience, being a local of the Bay Area and having flown in and out of SFO and passed by it even more often, I've been able to verify as accurate. I have not seen it yet, but Flightbeam's AFCAD has had it so I haven't encountered freight planes in the terminal, and other freeware afcads would fail to do this. My question is, will the LAX FS9 afcad be this precise, with the airlines assigned to real life gates and keeping the freight planes out of the passenger terminal area?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #51 on: October 06, 2011, 09:24:12 am »
My question is, will the LAX FS9 afcad be this precise, with the airlines assigned to real life gates and keeping the freight planes out of the passenger terminal area?

The KLAX AFCAD has airline codes of course, but note that's not the only thing that control parking assignment.

If a parking is labeled to be "United" only, that doesn't mean you will *only* see United AI there, it will only means that only United AI will prefer that parking but, if all the other conditions like radius and parking type are satisfied, any AI can stil go there. Of course, if your AI schedule is full of United AIs at a certain time, it's more *likely* that parking would be taken by a United airplane, so nobody else could go there, but that's is not certain, because it depends on the schedule, time of the day, day of the week, etc.

Dimon

« Reply #52 on: October 06, 2011, 04:23:27 pm »
My question is, will the LAX FS9 afcad be this precise, with the airlines assigned to real life gates and keeping the freight planes out of the passenger terminal area?

The KLAX AFCAD has airline codes of course, but note that's not the only thing that control parking assignment.

If a parking is labeled to be "United" only, that doesn't mean you will *only* see United AI there, it will only means that only United AI will prefer that parking but, if all the other conditions like radius and parking type are satisfied, any AI can stil go there.

...in case if there are no other parking space avaliable assigned for these particular AI.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #53 on: October 06, 2011, 04:27:10 pm »
...in case if there are no other parking space avaliable assigned for these particular AI.

That's obvious, and was implied in my reply, which simply wanted to point out that, an airline code is not an "exclude all except this one", but rather an "prefer this one, if you can"

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #54 on: October 06, 2011, 04:37:12 pm »

That's obvious, and was implied in my reply, which simply wanted to point out that, an airline code is not an "exclude all except this one", but rather an "prefer this one, if you can"

Umberto, I'll be hangin out at LAX today. Should have some nice videos for you soon.  ;) I'll put together a PDF on the gate assignments with special push and tow operations as well...

D'

mave128

« Reply #55 on: October 06, 2011, 05:19:42 pm »
hey umberto,

any news concerning release date yet?

thank you!

p.s. rest in peace, steve!
best wishes,
sören

Dimon

« Reply #56 on: October 06, 2011, 06:34:08 pm »

That's obvious,

Not so obvious as I can judge from AFCADs that comes with payware scenery. The developers don't seem to care about overflow remote gates/ramp and sometimes it's not big surprise to see UAL planes in AAL gates and visa versa. This is especially critical for KLAX, where overflow gates are needed badly for 9-10pm massive AI accumulation. 

Anyway, it's still minor issue, since I have never relied on AFCAD that comes with a product.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #57 on: October 06, 2011, 06:37:23 pm »
Not so obvious as I can judge from AFCADs that comes with payware scenery.

With "obvious", I only refer that it was implied in my explanation, without any specifics of the actual afcads that are found in products.

jay907uk

« Reply #58 on: October 07, 2011, 11:57:04 pm »
Guys,

As a FS9 user then you can count me in for purchasing KLAX.

Rgds

Jason

rakitic10

« Reply #59 on: October 08, 2011, 01:47:58 pm »
T-H-A-N-K-S !!!