Author Topic: Hi FSdreamteam kmia work already star?  (Read 35109 times)

duckbilled

Re: Hi FSdreamteam kmia work already star?
« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2011, 02:55:42 pm »
..I give them the benefit of the doubt when people bad mouth them - remember, one of their issues was a squabble with Intersim over Key West.

What about the other issue, as in stealing textures from FlyTampa on two occasions? Ricardo apologized after the first incident and said it wouldn't happen again, but it did.

Obviously that sucks but do we really know that it was intentional? That's where I give them the benefit of the doubt. Just like FSDT and FT, LatinVFR runs their forums in a open and professional manner. Because of that, Ricardo doesn't seem like they type of guy that would be running around stealing textures. To me, he is trying to do things the right way and may need to make some adjustments in his staff or procedures. Maybe he has a bad apple on his team? There are a ton of reasons why this could have happened - intentionally releasing a product with FT's textures is only one of the possibilities. It is a classic error of assuming that organizations always act rationally, and therefore, I find that labeling LatinVFR as unethical on a organizational level is unfair and probably inaccurate.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2011, 03:57:23 pm »
Maybe it was purely accidental both times, but as the company owner, Ricardo has to take responsibility.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

duckbilled

« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2011, 04:22:48 am »
Maybe it was purely accidental both times, but as the company owner, Ricardo has to take responsibility.

I agree and I think he did by apologizing. Still, I can understand people needing a little time before they regain trust. I just hope Oliver will change his mind soon. That's my main concern. I want to buy more LatinVFR scenery and I want to buy more AES credits.

andrewblan

« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2011, 12:41:35 am »
Hey Guys,

I was just reading this thread and decided to check out Intersim Studio's Website, just to see if by chance they had a few more screenshots. I was surprised to read on the front page the INTERSIM IS CLOSING (AGAIN) http://www.intersimstudios.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=314  ! . I just really can't believe it! It closes every year, reopens, gets our hopes up, and then closes again. What a joke.

Anyway, I'm from the Miami Area, and I hope the FSDT creates KMIA.

Andrew

PUP4ORD

• UA777
« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2011, 01:19:16 pm »
Hey Guys,

I was just reading this thread and decided to check out Intersim Studio's Website, just to see if by chance they had a few more screenshots. I was surprised to read on the front page the INTERSIM IS CLOSING (AGAIN) http://www.intersimstudios.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=314  ! . I just really can't believe it! It closes every year, reopens, gets our hopes up, and then closes again. What a joke.

Anyway, I'm from the Miami Area, and I hope the FSDT creates KMIA.

Andrew
Most of us know :P
KENNETH M."PUP"CRADDOCK II
Ladies and Gentlemen please fasten your seatbelts for a short ride......
http://pup4ordfsxmore.blogspot.com/

ALIENWARE AURORA R4 MSWIN7 64BIT  As for the rest of it......?????????

D_mitris

« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2011, 10:33:13 pm »
Here is another vote for KMIA from FSDT.  First time I heard of Intersim but there is no way I would trust this company since it is closing.
Airports I think would be best to develop. 

1.  KATL
2.  KMIA
3.  KMSP
4.  KDEN
5.  CYYZ

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2011, 12:33:04 am »
Denver is under consideration by Flightbeam after Phoenix is finished, and Atlanta was just updated by Imaginesim.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

theshack440

« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2011, 03:27:40 am »
Denver is under consideration by Flightbeam after Phoenix is finished, and Atlanta was just updated by Imaginesim.

But, with all due respect to Imaginesim, I would rather an fsdt quality scenery for KATL that gets better frames and in the end looks better.
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com
Pilot and Head of Public Relations

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2011, 02:10:01 pm »
...I would rather an fsdt quality scenery for KATL...

I would rather ssee FSDT do an airport that hasn't been covered.   :)

PUP4ORD

• UA777
« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2011, 04:20:21 pm »
Perhaps St Louis or Pittsburgh..... ;)
KENNETH M."PUP"CRADDOCK II
Ladies and Gentlemen please fasten your seatbelts for a short ride......
http://pup4ordfsxmore.blogspot.com/

ALIENWARE AURORA R4 MSWIN7 64BIT  As for the rest of it......?????????

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #55 on: September 12, 2011, 04:32:02 pm »
Pittsburg is too close to PHL, which is being done by sun Sky Jet.  St. Louis would be good.

duckbilled

« Reply #56 on: September 12, 2011, 05:24:43 pm »
I believe the next airport needs to have the following qualities:

1. International traffic
2. Hub for a major airline
3. Has not been done by another quality developer. If it has, the scenery cannot be available for FSX and FS9
4. Probably located in North America
5. Cannot be in geographic areas that are problematic for FSX like SEA and VAN

This is just what I have gleaned from comments in several threads. I think KMIA, KMCO, KMSP and KIAH are the only ones that truly fit the bill. A nice CYYZ would be good but a decent freeware one exists for FSX that even has AES support. STL and PIT don't get a lot of international traffic traffic (only Air Canada AFAIK). While a FSDT ATL would be nice, some people will stick with their IS scenery and skip a FSDT ATL.

And as I mentioned before, I don't consider Blueprint a quality developer. To me, their airports are good for those that want enhanced default scenery at a low price. I have never been able to get over their refusal to provide AES support and I think that is what puts them in a lower tier than Imaginesim. I also think the overall quality of Imaginesim's airports is slightly higher than Blueprints. I am truly not bashing BP becasue I believe that is where they want to be and the market they want to serve. I believe they have no desire to compete with FSDT, FT or even Imaginesim.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 05:30:27 pm by duckbilled »

jasonarmstrong

« Reply #57 on: September 13, 2011, 02:10:32 am »
Quick question,what's the CYYZ scenery for FSX you mentioned? Thanks!

duckbilled

« Reply #58 on: September 13, 2011, 02:51:44 am »
Quick question,what's the CYYZ scenery for FSX you mentioned? Thanks!

Ooops. I was wrong. For some reason, I thought that the one for FS9 (defranco) was available for FSX and supported in AES. It is not. What is more troubling with my assertion is that I thought I had it installed :-[

So, I think CYYZ should be added to that short list of large international North American hubs that need scenery.

The updated is
KMIA
KMCO
KMSP
KIAH
CYYZ

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #59 on: September 13, 2011, 01:53:18 pm »
So, I think CYYZ should be added to that short list of large international North American hubs that need scenery.

Except for Miami, every hub you listed has scenery.  You just need to get over your Blueprint bias.   ;)