Author Topic: FSDreamTeam - Great sales Californian Airports KOAK, KSNA, KBUR and KLAX  (Read 27842 times)

SDFlyer

Re: What about a small airport like KOAK Oakland Intl
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2011, 09:01:51 pm »
And fewer designers are doing airports in the United States, as well.  George and Martin from FlyTampa seem to be the latest to bail on us, Imaginesim remade Denver, but their last two have been foreign.. you may have to resort to pleading with Blueprint for those airports you need.

Not totally Bruce...

http://www.flytampa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4933&start=45#p35246
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 09:06:11 pm by SDFlyer »
Mark

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2011, 01:11:11 am »
He said he's not doing US airports for a while, but he didn't say he'd start doing them again, did he?
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

skimmer

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2011, 04:48:42 am »
Just the same Salgo99,the OAK was a good suggestion. That San Jose airport looked pretty good and not a bad price.

Maugust330

« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2011, 04:31:55 pm »
ive been trying to get oakland for the past 5 years.. :'(

SDFlyer

« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2011, 08:43:44 pm »
He said he's not doing US airports for a while, but he didn't say he'd start doing them again, did he?

Yes he did... on the next page...

http://www.flytampa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4933&start=60#p35274
Mark

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2011, 01:54:44 pm »
What he said is "if there something in the US I can find that is interesting & might sell, then maybe."  Maybe isn't a definitive yes.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

SDFlyer

« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2011, 09:20:35 pm »
What he said is "if there something in the US I can find that is interesting & might sell, then maybe."  Maybe isn't a definitive yes.

This is a more definitive yes than no Bruce...

http://www.flytampa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4933&start=75#p35292
Mark

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2011, 01:22:02 pm »
True, but another KIAD?   ???

SDFlyer

« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2011, 05:11:33 pm »
Well the other 2 were made by IS and Blueprint... not exactly the same level as an FSDT or FlyTampa.  Though, I'm rather curious as to what the reasoning was to ditch Spokane.  Commuter flights between SEA, OAK, SFO, PDX, SAN, LAX, etc would seem to have put it on a moderate return-on-investment.
Mark

Salgo99

« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2011, 02:29:05 am »
Well the other 2 were made by IS and Blueprint... not exactly the same level as an FSDT or FlyTampa.  Though, I'm rather curious as to what the reasoning was to ditch Spokane.  Commuter flights between SEA, OAK, SFO, PDX, SAN, LAX, etc would seem to have put it on a moderate return-on-investment.

:) Great Choice , definitely agree
I-FLY-OAK

Salgo99

« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2011, 02:32:16 am »
ive been trying to get oakland for the past 5 years.. :'(

I agree :D also Onlinesimulationsolutions was also working on OAK and the company disappeared.
I-FLY-OAK

SirIsaac726

« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2011, 04:34:34 am »
Well the other 2 were made by IS and Blueprint... not exactly the same level as an FSDT or FlyTampa.  Though, I'm rather curious as to what the reasoning was to ditch Spokane.  Commuter flights between SEA, OAK, SFO, PDX, SAN, LAX, etc would seem to have put it on a moderate return-on-investment.

If I remember correctly, Buffalo didn't sell nearly as well as George had hoped.  That is in reasonable proximity to numerous major airports as well.  Something tells me that had he done Spokane, it would be much like Buffalo.  But I'm guessing there is more to his decision than that.

SDFlyer

« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2011, 06:21:51 pm »
Well the other 2 were made by IS and Blueprint... not exactly the same level as an FSDT or FlyTampa.  Though, I'm rather curious as to what the reasoning was to ditch Spokane.  Commuter flights between SEA, OAK, SFO, PDX, SAN, LAX, etc would seem to have put it on a moderate return-on-investment.

If I remember correctly, Buffalo didn't sell nearly as well as George had hoped.  That is in reasonable proximity to numerous major airports as well.  Something tells me that had he done Spokane, it would be much like Buffalo.  But I'm guessing there is more to his decision than that.

Perhaps a little more research into who-fly's-where would be a good thing.  I rarely fly on the East Coast, and though I have Buffalo, seldom do I fly there because Niagara Falls used to bog my system down.  I suppose it would be a good idea to poll those of us as to where we fly.

With the advent of Orbx and smaller airports on the West Coast, there is a draw to scenic areas.  This may be a large stake in why Buffalo was not as successful; there was only one major airport from a well-known designer/publisher in close proximity  ;).

In other words, there wasn't enough airports around it (say within 250-300 nm) to help support it.  We just had JFK to fly to and from Buffalo.  There are some great Canadian payware airports near Buffalo, but they were too close.  That's why GEG makes more sense; as it supports commuter aircraft, and larger continental traffic.  I think that's also why SAN was a success.  LAX, LAS, SFO are rather nearby, and SAN also handles inter-continental traffic (and international traffic, for that matter).  Plus, SAN also has an amazing approach into 27... and people really like a challenging, interesting approach.  Just look at Kai Tak.  It had been out of commission for years, but the FS community really supported it when FT did it.

So, that's my theory on airport development/placement - however, I'm sure the folks at FT, and especially Virtuali have taken a hard look at the numbers of sales, in addition to what they think would be a fun place to fly.
Mark

Salgo99

« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2011, 09:59:25 pm »

If I remember correctly, Buffalo didn't sell nearly as well as George had hoped.  That is in reasonable proximity to numerous major airports as well.  Something tells me that had he done Spokane, it would be much like Buffalo.  But I'm guessing there is more to his decision than that.

Perhaps a little more research into who-fly's-where would be a good thing.  I rarely fly on the East Coast, and though I have Buffalo, seldom do I fly there because Niagara Falls used to bog my system down.  I suppose it would be a good idea to poll those of us as to where we fly.

With the advent of Orbx and smaller airports on the West Coast, there is a draw to scenic areas.  This may be a large stake in why Buffalo was not as successful; there was only one major airport from a well-known designer/publisher in close proximity  ;).

In other words, there wasn't enough airports around it (say within 250-300 nm) to help support it.  We just had JFK to fly to and from Buffalo.  There are some great Canadian payware airports near Buffalo, but they were too close.  That's why GEG makes more sense; as it supports commuter aircraft, and larger continental traffic.  I think that's also why SAN was a success.  LAX, LAS, SFO are rather nearby, and SAN also handles inter-continental traffic (and international traffic, for that matter).  Plus, SAN also has an amazing approach into 27... and people really like a challenging, interesting approach.  Just look at Kai Tak.  It had been out of commission for years, but the FS community really supported it when FT did it.

So, that's my theory on airport development/placement - however, I'm sure the folks at FT, and especially Virtuali have taken a hard look at the numbers of sales, in addition to what they think would be a fun place to fly.

SAN (San Diego) is being developed be Devinci

http://devinci.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/3-ksan-x/

so OAK(Oakland) will be the main airport not developed and other airports also.
I-FLY-OAK

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
Re: FSDreamTeam great suggestion KOAK Oakland Intl
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2011, 12:41:45 am »
Looks like SAN is almost ready.   :)