Author Topic: FSDreamTeam - Great sales Californian Airports KOAK, KSNA, KBUR and KLAX  (Read 27731 times)

Salgo99

Hello, Simmers  :)

What I believe let's make something smaller after LAX release for example KOAK Oakland International Airport I believe it's a good environment for FSDreamTeam And less pain to develop On the Airport.

Infact it has always been ignored for years and never has been completed, flight simmers has been waiting for years on a finished project for FSX and FS9 version.

http://www.oakartcc.com/scenery.php

Plus OAK has lots of connections with Hawaii and will make a good combination with FSDreamTeams Hawaii Airports.

NEW IDEA WITH SALES

One last thing if FSDreamTeam will have high sales if (virtuali) Umberto creates a bundle pack and call it (Californian Airports).

The smaller the Airports the faster it will be completed the better the sales will increase.

And can include:

-KOAK

-KSNA

-KBUR

-KLAX

also can combine KLAX into the package (under developed). KSAN will be avoid since its already taken by another developer. KSFO will not be included FlightBeam took over. KSJC will not also be included nor KSMF there already been developed on other payware and freeware companies.
Just like FSDreamTeam did with the Hawaiian Airports we can do the same as Californian Airports.

Or either has a different suggestion your welcome to comment...

thanks  ;)

« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 04:52:09 am by Salgo99 »
I-FLY-OAK

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
Re: What about a small airport like KOAK Oakland Intl
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 10:57:57 am »
If anyone agrees or disagrees

Or either has a different suggestion your welcome to comment...

No interest for me since Flightbeams KSFO sits right across the bay. Same reason I never bought FlyTampa's Midway since I already own FSDT's KORD which isn't very far away and also the same reason I would never buy KLGA since its so close to FSDT's KJFK.

The only airport I would ever buy that is in close proximity to another existing 3rd part airport is KMIA which is about 30 miles or so south of FSDT's KFLL.

I'd rather they do KPDX, KSEA, or KSAN.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 02:02:18 pm »
No interest for me since Flightbeams KSFO sits right across the bay. Same reason I never bought FlyTampa's Midway since I already own FSDT's KORD which isn't very far away and also the same reason I would never buy KLGA since its so close to FSDT's KJFK.

Suppose you had purchased Midway and Laguardia first, before Kennedy and O'Hare, would you or would you not buy them?  Your anaology is like not buying Dallas Fort Worth because you already owned Dallas Love Field.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 02:04:47 pm by Bruce Hamilton »
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

Aeroman

• "Did we land or were we shot down?!?"
    • American Virtual Airlines
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2011, 09:04:20 am »

Suppose you had purchased Midway and Laguardia first, before Kennedy and O'Hare, would you or would you not buy them?  Your anaology is like not buying Dallas Fort Worth because you already owned Dallas Love Field.

That's what I was thinking...  He says he won't buy OAK because of SFO, MDW because of ORD.  But he has FLL and might consider buying MIA...backwards comparison.
Best regards,

Ryan Cummins
AAL148
Dallas/Fort Worth Int'l. Hub
American Virtual Airlines
"We know why you fly"

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2011, 09:24:00 am »
Suppose you had purchased Midway and Laguardia first, before Kennedy and O'Hare, would you or would you not buy them?  Your anaology is like not buying Dallas Fort Worth because you already owned Dallas Love Field.

Yeah if Midway and Laguardia had come out first then I wouldn't have purchased JFK or ORD.

Although there is a stipulation. Say Midway and Laguardia had come out first but it was by BluePrint and I had bought them a while back just to have a 3rd party airport to fly to in that area, then I would go ahead and get the FSDT version of ORD and JFK since they are higher quality and larger hubs, and the fact that I have more interest in ORD and JFK anyways.

I still have not and probably wont buy FlyTampa's Midway since it's so close to KORD. Even as much as I like FT's stuff, Midway just doesn't interest me much. Now, if FSDT had never made ORD then yes, I would buy the FT Midway just to have a nice airport in Chicago to fly to, same for KLGA.

On the KDFW and KDAL subject, I actually purchased the BluePrint KDAL about 2 years ago since there was no KDFW and the fact that since I live in Dallas I wanted to have at least one 3rd party airport for my home town. However since FSDT's KDFW came out I have since disabled it in my scenery.cfg since its not really needed anylonger as I much prefer to fly out of KDFW and the fact that I like doing AA flights which originate out of KDFW.

That's what I was thinking...  He says he won't buy OAK because of SFO, MDW because of ORD.  But he has FLL and might consider buying MIA...backwards comparison.

Only because KMIA is a larger hub and has more international traffic coming into and out of it and the fact that the Miami/Ft. Lauderdale area is one of my favorite places to vacation in the US and I have flown many times into and out of each hub and therefore dont mind owning each of them.

Of course the same could be said about KSFO and KOAK, one being like KFLL (KOAK) and the other being like KMIA (KSFO), but since I dont have a special fondness for San Fran, even though my dad and his side of the family are from there, it doesn't hold enough interest for me to own both SFO and OAK. I also never purchased or will purchase IS'es KSJC for the same reason, even though its not as close to KSFO, its still close enough that I dont want it.

There's really nothing to debate over my answer. The OP asked for opinions so I gave mine, which of course maybe different that other peoples decision, but there's really no need to disect my answer as its just my opinion and the fact that FSDT probably wont be making KOAK anyways.

Salgo99

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2011, 10:36:15 pm »
Am not trying to be rude here but I still don't understand about KMIA it's already in the works by Intersim Studios and there working on a high quality scenery on it Why do you want to wait for another one made by FSDreamTeam???   ???
I-FLY-OAK

Aeroman

• "Did we land or were we shot down?!?"
    • American Virtual Airlines
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2011, 11:16:36 pm »
There's really nothing to debate over my answer. The OP asked for opinions so I gave mine, which of course maybe different that other peoples decision, but there's really no need to disect my answer as its just my opinion and the fact that FSDT probably wont be making KOAK anyways.

Lol, it really doesn't matter to me how you buy your sceneries.  I just made the comment because I was bored.
Best regards,

Ryan Cummins
AAL148
Dallas/Fort Worth Int'l. Hub
American Virtual Airlines
"We know why you fly"

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2011, 01:19:27 am »
Why do you want to wait for another one made by FSDreamTeam???

Doesn't look like FSDT is going to do MIA because Intersim will be using their addon manager.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2011, 06:34:30 am »
I didn't buy FSDT KORD because of FT's KMDW. But since Martin didn't update KMDW for FS9, I am buying FSDT KORD after the FS9 update and hang up the KMDW.

And if we are asking for smaller airports, i'd go for KPIT, KMKE, KGEG, KSAN. But I suppose i'd also buy Oakland as well...

masondom

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2011, 08:59:59 am »
Hello guys

There are also many isolated mid-size airports.

Little Rock, Albuquerque, Tulsa, El Paso, San Antonio, Savannah... Is there a market for these airports ?
I say YES.

reinergu

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2011, 11:01:24 am »
I've KORD and I've bought Midway anyway... I've JFK and I'm wating for a newer La Guardia or Newark... It has nothing 2 do with the fact that I've an Airport in that area, but always flying into the same airports will be boring from time 2 time, and Soutwest is landing at Midway, an important reason 2 buy it.

Every Southwest Destination is welcome. :)

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2011, 01:18:08 pm »
Is there a market for these airports ?  I say YES.

MAYBE, provided none of the major hubs in the same area have been done.  You list three in Texas, what is their relation distance wise to Dallas Fort Worth?  Look at the number of large airports covered in Florida, for example, do we really need to have payware for the smaller ones as well?

masondom

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2011, 05:07:51 pm »
No, about Florida, you absolutely right, Bruce, but i would say that we need (i need) some mid-size airports between dense areas like Florida. So, i probably need airports like Tallahassee to fly enroute from Miami to Dallas and make a stop there (for instance). And Savannah or Charleston are good stops between Florida and the north-east. (by the way, my first memorable flights 20 years ago , was the hoping along the eastern coastline).
But if FSDT sticks to heavy airports, it's fine too. I have a bad presage about this and it seems that less and less designers want to make heavy airports....

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2011, 05:31:53 pm »
And fewer designers are doing airports in the United States, as well.  George and Martin from FlyTampa seem to be the latest to bail on us, Imaginesim remade Denver, but their last two have been foreign.. you may have to resort to pleading with Blueprint for those airports you need.

masondom

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2011, 07:14:06 pm »
Already did.

IT seems that George and Martin are likely to make other US airports later but mid-size airports...