Author Topic: GSX  (Read 16812 times)

toriu

Re: GSX
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2012, 01:33:30 am »
Great news!
HAF932 850WPSU X58Chipset I7-920(OC@4.0Ghz)
12GBDDR3-1600MHz Radeon5850-1GBx2 W7HP64bit
FSX-Accel REX-Essential UTEur/USA FDC PFE TrafficX
FTX-PFJ,FTX-CRM,FTX-NRM,FTX-PNW,UK2000-EGLL
FSDT-GSX,FSDT-KJFK,FSDT-CYVR, fsgenesis CS-767
FTX-ENG,FTX-SCO

[img]http://www.oncourse-software.co.uk/forum_

dmbusmc

Re: GSX
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2012, 03:42:29 am »
For me it looks "almost" similar. I'm VERY pleased with AES 2.20

Apart for how much you rate "almost" regarding how it looks, and of course looks is of course subjective, fact is that GSX works for free on all our airports, so you'll likely use GSX there in any case since it's replacing the previous ParkMe functions and it will become an integral part of our sceneries, but it also works everywhere else, even in airports of developers that *oppose* to AES (like Blueprint, for example), with a single purchase.

Of course, that's relevant only if you use FSX. With FS9, it's fairly obvious there's no other choice than AES.

Umberto, thats why I will get GSX, because it works everywhere. I hope you guys release it soon, I got places to fly to and need my push back services!

Same here. I really like AES and what it has brought but its own downfall is that it only works with payware airports, which IMHO is a little bit of a letdown. I do mostly island hoppers in Hawaii and the Carribean, and although you have done great work with PHLI, PHNL, PHOG, PHKO, and PHTO it still doesn't count for Molokai, Kalaupapa, and Lanai for instance, which are essential for island hoppers and the main points of their business. Going from having services to not at these airports is kind of back tracking downward, and makes it a little less enjoyable. This is what is absolutely driving me and I believe many others to GSX, despite the improvements Oliver is offering. You'd have to have a lot of money, a wife/fiancee that turns a blind eye to spending, or a limited amount of airports you want to go to make AES truly feesable after GSX comes out. That said, I again say I really cannot wait for the release, my wallet is trembling to get at it, and so is my FS time....