Author Topic: scenery disappeared  (Read 7318 times)

myoder

scenery disappeared
« on: July 27, 2011, 03:07:44 am »
I have been using Cloud9 and Fsdt scenery in my FS a number of years without a problem until yesterday. I completed 2 flights with no problems and started FS for the third flight when FS quit loading and just disappeared. No errors or warnings, just a box appeared saying FS quit working. I was finally able to narrow it done to the bgl.dll file that was the culprit and so I deleted it. FS loaded with no problems but the addon manager was gone and so were all the buildings. I am running FS9 on Windows Vista and have 10 airports between Cloud9 and Fsdt installed on my computer. All the Cloud9 airports are only showing runways, tarmac and taxiways. The Fsdt airports show the same plus jetways and nothing else. I deleted all the airports and tried to install them along the addon manager but FS would not load. I kept getting the message that FS stopped working and was closed. I deleted the addon manager and was able to open FS but no change in the airport situation. I noticed that when I went to the Control Panel /program and features that the size of each airport had gone from approx. 167MB or so to over 30,000MB. I tried different things that I found here in the forum, but nothing has worked.

I installed FS9 and these airports with addon manager in another computer that is running Windows 7 and everything works fine.
Please Help!!!!

Marlin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: scenery disappeared
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 03:10:44 am »
the problem is likely caused by your antivirus, that has mistakenly confused the Addon Manager as a threat, and it has blocked it, or corrupted, or blocked its download.

- With all the sceneries installed, download the Stand-Alone Addon Manager for FS9 (link is on the Cloud9 page)

- During installation, you need to TURN THE ANTIVIRUS OFF. Not just quit from its interface: you need to stop realtime protection. Yes, this is important.

- After the installation, BEFORE launching FS9, you need to instruct your antivirus to exclude this file from scanning:

YourFS9Folder\MODULES\bglman.dll

Or, the whole MODULES folder.

- After having configured the antivirus this way, you can finally turn it on, and launch FS9

myoder

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 03:57:41 pm »
I tried that and as soon as the addon manager is installed it locks up my FS. I have the same antivirus in my desktop with the same FS and same sceneries and that one works fine -- no problems.

myoder

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 06:13:39 pm »
I have been trying to get this work and now I get this message  Error while unpacking program, code 2    and the next error message says  unable to load software file: bglman.dll

Marlin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 07:38:25 pm »

myoder

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2011, 08:35:46 pm »
I tried that too and still no go. >:(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2011, 08:37:34 pm »
Try running FS9 as Administrator, and/or turn UAC off.

myoder

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2011, 08:47:25 pm »
That is the way I run FS all the time. I noticed that when I go to Control panel/programs instead of the size of each scenery showing the usual 167MB or so, it now reads at 33,000MB or more.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 08:51:21 pm by myoder »

myoder

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2011, 01:19:41 am »
Okay here is an update, I install the three Cloud9 airports, then delete the bgl files, then install the rest of the airports followed by the addon manager. Start FS which starts to load and then quits. Delete the addon manager and FS stops at the splash screen and then disappears. Delete all the airports except the Cloud9 ones and FS loads but no buildings or jetways. If you look at the airports from up above you see trees, roads, most of the outlying buildings and the outline of terminal building but that is all. At ground level not much to see.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2011, 01:35:44 am »
If you remove the Addon Manager, nothing will work.

Try this, reinstall the Addon manager, but check if you have this file:

C:\Windows\Esellerateengine.dll
C:\YourFS9Folder\Esellerateengine.dll
C:\ProgramData\Esellerateengine.dll

If you run under Windows 7 or Vista, the correct location is C:\ProgramData so, if you have that file in the other locations, remove it. The Addon Manager installer should be able to do it, but it's possible that if an old version was put into the C:\Windows folder, it might not be able to do it automatically.