Author Topic: Flightbeam's San Francisco 2.0 screw up!  (Read 79897 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Flightbeam's San Francisco 2.0 screw up!
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2011, 09:39:44 pm »
I d/l the stand alone addon manager for FSX, and the JFK program after the stand alone did not work. I did this the after the last post said it wil be an older version. This still did not work for me.

As I've said, when you *download* the installer doesn't matter, because the installer gets the files from the internet anyway so, the only thing that matters is when you ran it. There wasn't any need to download it again, I always said you only need to RUN it again, to get the current version!

In any case, as I've said in all the other messages, there was only one version which clearly had a problem (2135), which wasn't online for long, so I've put an older version which has been online since June and worked for everyone, just as a temporary fix while we fixed the latest version. This one HAS to run, if it doesn't, then clearly it's a problem in your system, because that version was fine and was up until the Hawaii 2 release date.

However, we ALSO fixed the latest version (2141) which is online now, and I can confirm it works and it's the correct one. Check what version you have by right-clicking on the Couatl.exe file, and verify it's the 2.0.0.2141

As an alternative, here's the version that came with the Hawaii2 installer:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/download/setup/couatl/2119/Couatl.exe

Just to be clear: on my system (and I've been in touch with Amir from Flightbeam to test and confim this), ALL versions 2113, 2119 AND 2141 works without any issues. The only one that is confirmed had a problem was 2135, which is not available anywhere now, since it was never included with any installer.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2011, 09:44:21 pm »
After multiple restarts I didn't see  Couatl in the FSX Addonmanager, but in the  Win7 Taskmanager Couatl is running

Ok, this means your problem is *entirely* different, and doesn't have anything to do with anybody else's. The faulty version died as soon as it started, so it didn't appear in the Task manager, or it appeared only briefly.

If you see it in the Task manager, it means is working fine BUT, it has probably been running from a *previous* FSX run, and didn't close, probably because you ran the installer or re-ran FSX too quickly. If this happens, and Couatl.exe is still running from a previous FSX run, it won't start on the next FSX restart.

Try to kill the Couatl.exe process in Task Manager, and run FSX again.

Another thing is strange, in the program manager of Windows I can not find anymore Virtuali Addonmanager in the list, like before.

It's nothing strange. That will appear only if you have installed the Stand-Alone version. If you uninstalled it, and then installed a scenery, the Addon Manager will not appear as a separate entry in the Uninstallable programs list.

Micha2405

« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2011, 10:14:45 pm »
Hello,

I found a solution for my problem. Its not satisfied, but the best I can do for now.
I deinstalled KSFO 2.0 and the Addon Manager also. I reinstalled the addonmanager Ver. 2.002077 from Nov. 2010. I reinstalled also KSFO 1.01. All my Adons working now fine. But if I trie to install KSFO 2.0 I have the same issue like before. That means, that something in the KSFO 2.0 is corrupt?

Regards

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2011, 10:20:05 pm »
I found a solution for my problem. Its not satisfied, but the best I can do for now.I deinstalled KSFO 2.0 and the Addon Manager also. I reinstalled the addonmanager Ver. 2.002077 from Nov. 2010.

That's not really a solution, your issue is not the Addon Manager, but Couatl not running, and Couatl is now required by KSFO 2.0.

However, that Addon Manager installer, like all the Addon Manager installers, even if it's older, also downloaded ALL the Addon Manager AND the Couatl files from the server which means, it downloaded exactly the same files which are online now, and are download by the current installer, unless you ran it with no internet connection OR if a security program is blocking ANY download from our installer which means, if you run an older installer, you obtain an older version.

To be sure of this, what version is your Couatl.exe file now ?

Micha2405

« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2011, 10:44:51 pm »
My Couatl.exe file has the Ver.nr.  2.00.2077

Regards

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2011, 10:46:42 pm »
My Couatl.exe file has the Ver.nr.  2.00.2077

Which is also strange because, even if the installer was older, still it had online update capability. Have you noticed if it downloaded files at the end of the install ?

Micha2405

« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2011, 10:49:39 pm »
I installed offline prevending that any file will be downloaded.

Regards

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2011, 10:51:45 pm »
I installed offline prevending that any file will be downloaded.

Ok, that make sense. So, it seems your system can run that Couatl version successfully.

Try this, put the Couatl.exe file you have now aside, like in your Desktop, then run the KSFO installer and, when it's done, replace the Couatl.exe it has installed with the one you saved, and see if it works.

reever

« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2011, 10:58:01 pm »
Hello
  After installation of KSFO 2, I share the same fault with all 10 of my FSdreamteam installations as described above.
   Actions taken:
    1. Uninstalled KSFO
    2. Uninstalled and reinstalled Hawaii 2
          Confirmed couatl.exe to be 2.0.0.2141
           Started FSX..couatl running in task manager but does not appear in Addon menu. 
    3.Downloaded standalone addonmanager and installed.
        confirmed that couatl was not running and restarted FSX
        No change. The problem still exists...The Addon Manager does not appear in the Win 7 Uninstall Program Menu!

Robert

Micha2405

« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2011, 10:59:47 pm »
Ok,

last try. Therafter I will report here...

Edit 21.10 UTC: No success. Now i will do the whole procedure again, but I will not replace only the couatl.exe, but the whole couatl Folder...

Edit 21.30 UTC: No success. I give up....
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 11:28:14 pm by Micha2405 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2011, 11:04:09 pm »
2. Uninstalled and reinstalled Hawaii 2
          Confirmed couatl.exe to be 2.0.0.2141

Have you tried to do what I've suggested in a previous message, to install Hawaii 2 with the network disconnected ?

This will give you the version that was included with it, it HAS to work, otherwise you wouldn't able to ever see Hawaii 2 when it was released.

Anders Bermann

« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2011, 11:10:37 pm »
Will monitor this thread...
Having the same problems...

Have tried with various versions...

included...:

All of the above versions all run in the background when starting FSX - but Couatl doesn't show up in the Addon Manager menu nor anywhere else!

Hoping for a solution... :)
Best regards, Anders

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2011, 11:16:49 pm »
Ok, here's all the recent versions to try:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/download/setup/couatl/2113/Couatl.exe
this was up since June

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/download/setup/couatl/2119/Couatl.exe
this was released together with Hawaii2

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/download/setup/couatl/Couatl.exe
this is the very latest version, the one all the installers will automatically get

It's really strange that none of them would work, they are exactly the same files which were up since some days ago (2119) and have been online for 2 months straight (2113) with no issues.

Of course, all three of them works just fine here, with no difference whatsoever...

Anders Bermann

« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2011, 11:38:03 pm »
I just tried uninstalling all sceneries from FSDT and removed bglmanx.dll and couatl.exe etc... EVERYTHING removed! :)

Then I installed KJFK OFFLINE, and forced the installer to use the 2.0.0.2081 of couatl.exe - It then WORKED!!!
Buildings and everything was there, in JFK... and Couatl powered was visible in Addon Menu!

When installing KSFO v2.0 everything reverted back to the original problems... I tried copying version 2.0.0.2081 and overwriting the SFO version, but the problems remains... Buidlings was missing (both in KJFK and KSFO), and couatl powered was missing too from Addon Menu!
This is probably to be expected, since since you said, that the version 2.0 of KSFO, won't work with older versions...

The problems emerges, when installing the new version of SFO, or downloading the new version of couatl.exe from either the addon-manager setup, or installing any new scenery using the engine.
The version downloaded, I believe, is version 2.0.0.2141 - so far, I've only managed to get couatl.exe to work with OFFLINE installation of KJFK ... i.e version 2.0.0.2081 - WITHOUT KSFO v2.0 installed!

It is then probably important to mention, that couatl.exe IS running in the Task Manager throughout the whole process!

I don't know if the above means anything, but I'd thought I'd share the information! :)
Best regards, Anders

altstiff

• My F/O is a dog
    • Visit my flightsim blog..
« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2011, 11:38:54 pm »
I have this issue as well ever since installing V2 KSFO. I also do not see the Coul.exe in the addon manager (even though I ok'd the file at the opening of the FSX screen).

Is it possible that when loading KSFO it disables/crashes the Coul.exe and thus we do not see anything at any airport that rely upon it?

For the record I do not have any anti-virus running on my flight sim computer and I have never had an issue in the past, only since V2 of KSFO.