Author Topic: Flightbeam's San Francisco 2.0 screw up!  (Read 80510 times)

Micha2405

Re: Flightbeam's San Francisco 2.0 screw up!
« Reply #105 on: July 27, 2011, 12:20:38 pm »
Thank you very much, great support. All works fine now, also LSZH with the little .pye standallone file.
Respect also for Musjo for the patience and assistance he gave.

Regards

Michael

sim-sim

« Reply #106 on: July 27, 2011, 01:00:03 pm »
I am terrible sorry, Umberto... I which directory I sould to paste the .dat file for KSFOX and .pye for ZurichX?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #107 on: July 27, 2011, 01:01:15 pm »
I am terrible sorry, Umberto... I which directory I sould to paste the .dat file for KSFOX and .pye for ZurichX?

The .dat file should go into the root FSX folder, and the Zurich file should go into the fsdreamteam\Couatl\ZurichX folder.

Note the .dat file is online now so, you'll get the correct version automatically when installing any product.

sim-sim

« Reply #108 on: July 27, 2011, 01:07:54 pm »
Thank you, so much for a great support, Umberto!
So, is KSFOX 2.0 in "good shape" :) now? And I can to download it from the site without any extra adding?
Is it clear and complete now?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #109 on: July 27, 2011, 01:14:47 pm »
So, is KSFOX 2.0 in "good shape" :) now? And I can to download it from the site without any extra adding?

There's no need to download it again, if you already had it. The affected file was one of those that gets downloaded from the internet when the installer starts so, no need for a new installer, since the correct file is online.

sim-sim

« Reply #110 on: July 27, 2011, 01:21:16 pm »
Ok! Grazie mille! ;)

Flyboy0284

« Reply #111 on: July 27, 2011, 08:40:14 pm »
Just wanted to thank everyone involved in busting their tails to get this problem resolved.  I wish I could have helped more, but unfortunately real life gets in the way from time to time  :P

Kurt

« Reply #112 on: July 27, 2011, 09:00:20 pm »
I just came home and read the whole thread with very interest. As I'm one, who have the issue with no buildings since the installation of Hawaii 2 I want to reproduce the solution (and my English is not so good). Can somebody explain once more step by step what I should do now. Thanks in advance,

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #113 on: July 27, 2011, 11:38:24 pm »
Can somebody explain once more step by step what I should do now. Thanks in advance

Nothing, just install the scenery again. The online files should be ok now, all those steps were only needed while troubleshooting

divemaster

« Reply #114 on: July 28, 2011, 06:41:50 pm »
Ok this is driving me nuts now....

Having the same issues, uninstalled it, reinstalled it with no AV..... same problem.

uninstalled all FSDT and FlightBeam scenery, and reinstalled offline and without AV online. Got it to work! FSX asked to trust Couatl and Add on Manager.

Now today same thing happening! uninstalled KSFO and the add on manager a Couatl, reinstalled offline without AV and restarted FSX and said yes to trust Couatl and Add on Manager, and still same problem! Now Couatl appearing in the add on manager list.

Kurt

« Reply #115 on: July 28, 2011, 06:46:14 pm »
I did the same as above and everything was OK now! Just the question: should I also install the different updates (PHNL, Hawaiian 1) now?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #116 on: July 28, 2011, 07:02:43 pm »
Just the question: should I also install the different updates (PHNL, Hawaiian 1) now?

Only if you don't have installed yet.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #117 on: July 28, 2011, 07:06:53 pm »
Now today same thing happening! uninstalled KSFO and the add on manager a Couatl, reinstalled offline without AV and restarted FSX and said yes to trust Couatl and Add on Manager, and still same problem!.

The whole "reinstall offline" thing is not required anymore (and besides, you had to install Hawaii2 offline), it was just a temporary solution, the files that are online now are ok.

In fact, you have to install online now, until the full KSFO installer is updated.

Now Couatl appearing in the add on manager list

If you mean the Couatl menu is appearing under the Addons menu, then everything it's ok, it means it's working. However, having installed offline, it also means you don't have all the (now corrected) files needed for KSFO to work.

divemaster

« Reply #118 on: July 28, 2011, 07:14:33 pm »
So i should uninstall and reinstall now online? I dont have Couatl appearing in the menu.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #119 on: July 28, 2011, 07:31:17 pm »
So i should uninstall and reinstall now online?

I dont have Couatl appearing in the menu.

Since you said this:

Now Couatl appearing in the add on manager list

It seems you had it. Now you say you don't.

Try reinstalling normally. AND, after you trust the module once, don't worry if it doesn't appear on the first launch, exit from FSX, wait a bit to allow FSX to close, and enter it again.