Author Topic: How to change taxi-to-hold-short-points in ADE for FSX [for FSDT airports]  (Read 5405 times)

theshack440

Hey guys,

This might belong in the KJFK section but I think it is also somewhat general:

At KJFK I would like to change where ATC tells you/AI aircraft where to hold short of the runway/take off from. For example, for Runway 31L departures, they all taxi down to Z and I would like to have it where they taxi to KK and take off from there. I have been looking at ADE and I still have no clue how to do this. Does anyone know how to do this? Any replies would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Regards
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com
Pilot and Head of Public Relations

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
Even in real world, aircraft normally taxi to the far end of the runway to take off.  If you force a take off from point KK, there might not be sufficient runway depending on the weight of the aircraft.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

theshack440

That is true in most cases but normally at JFK aircraft use KK to takeoff from to make traffic flow easier. Do you know how to change it though?
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
You'll probably have to edit your afcad file so FSX thinks the runway starts at KK.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
That is true in most cases but normally at JFK aircraft use KK to takeoff from to make traffic flow easier. Do you know how to change it though?

You can try to make the runway shorter in ADE. Not the real runway, but the thin black line that represent a runway path.

theshack440

Very clever idea thank you. I will try that.

Regards
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com

theshack440

That worked! It's all good now. Thanks for your help.

Regards
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com