Author Topic: KFLL old version...  (Read 7676 times)

Jean-claude

KFLL old version...
« on: June 06, 2011, 06:14:21 pm »
I had downloaded and installed the KFLL scenery demo version some time ago but never bought it. I recently purchased the Cloud 9 KLAX scenery installed and registered it. No problem. At least until I restarted FS9, this is when I started to get error message: "You have the old version of KFLL scenery, FS9 will stop when you enter this area".

So I uninstalled KFLL, remove it from my scenery list and restarted FS9, but no luck, I am still getting this error message. How I can once and for all get rid of it and why did this start after installing KLAX?

Thanks.

Jean-Claude

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KFLL old version...
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 06:32:58 pm »
Since the message says you have an old version of KFLL, the solution is of course downloading the current version of KFLL and installing it.

The message appeared after installing KLAX, since it downloaded the sceneries updates list from the internet when you ran its installer and surely the KFLL version you had was before KFLL was updated, that's why you got the alert.

So I uninstalled KFLL, remove it from my scenery list and restarted FS9, but no luck, I am still getting this error message

Something is not correct here because, if you uninstalled KFLL in the proper way (from the Windows Control Panel Add/Remove Programs),  there shouldn't be any need to remove it from the Scenery Library manually, since the Uninstaller does it automatically.

Also, you shouldn't get the "old scenery" message after having uninstalled it, which means it hasn't been really removed. Are you sure you have only one FS9 installation on your system, and there's no FS9\Fsdreamteam\KFLL folder left ?

Also, note that FS9 when ran under Vista or Windows 7, might use different scenery.cfg depending if you run it as Administrator or not so, you might have two copies of the scenery.cfg, but only one was updated when removing the scenery manually, which is why is usually best to leave it to our Uninstaller, since it will update both copies.

Try to download the current KFLL installer, install it and, if you are not interested in it, Uninstall it from the Control Panel.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 06:35:57 pm by virtuali »

Sakpase

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 03:39:22 am »
Im having the same issue however im trying to download the current enstaller but I get redirected to mediafire and at the end of the down loading process I get my Norton security program that says part of the down load has a threat in it and is not downloadable.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 10:23:46 am »
im trying to download the current enstaller but I get redirected to mediafire

That's not a problem at all, you get to see the mediafire page because when we exhaust our monthly bandwidth allocation, the direct link doesn't work anymore, so you get to see them advertising themselves, but the download will proceed just fine.

and at the end of the down loading process I get my Norton security program that says part of the down load has a threat in it and is not downloadable.

That's because your antivirus is bugged (Norton is probably the worse offender related to false positive), which is why we always say to turn off the antivirus when downloading and installing.

Norton is also very heavy on your system, I suggest switching to a more reliable product, like the Microsoft Security Essentials, which is free, lightweight and doesn't mistakenly flag our products as threats.