Author Topic: Win 7 & bglmanx.dll  (Read 4896 times)

ofentress

Win 7 & bglmanx.dll
« on: May 31, 2011, 03:31:08 am »
Umberto............
I've  moved from XP to Win7 and a familiar problem has surfaced.  When I try to activate FSX the loading stops at the autogen area and does a CTD.  The systems tells me it's a problem with the bglmanx.dll. I am using SP2 (without Acceleration).  Seems to me we had this problem a few years ago with XP but I've not been able to find the solution you provided. I have downloaded what I think is the latest Add On Manager (from the DFW section in the product area).  That didn't work. Hopefully you'll be able to help me out with this problem.  I know there is a solution since we found one in the past.

Jack Fentress

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Win 7 & bglmanx.dll
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 09:14:01 am »
If the exact sequence if this, it looks like a never seen before problem, please confirm what's happening:

When I try to activate FSX

You mean the FSX software activation, the activation of our products, or you are just launching it ?

the loading stops at the autogen area and does a CTD

This is also very unusual, the bglmanx.dll is loaded at start, even before creating a flight, if you are getting a crash while loading Autogen, it's surely not the Addon Manager.

The systems tells me it's a problem with the bglmanx.dll.

Please confirm: you are getting a crash while loading Autogen, FSX quits and THEN you get a message about bglmanx.dll ?

ofentress

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011, 06:22:47 pm »
Umberto.........
1. I do mean the Flight Simulator launching. In other words, I launch the FSX programwhen the opening screen comes up I[move][move][move][/move][/move][/move] pick an aircraft, location and press fly now. It begins to load until 71%/Auto Gen loading.  Then the CTD.
Everything worked perfectly until I began to add aircraft and scenery.
2. I'm sure you're correct about the Addon Manager, however, Windows came up with the error message and indicated that the problem was bglmanx.dll. I have no idea what program in particular it's associated with. I had already deleted all added scenery (yours and others) but the problem still exists. I have also excluded the bglmanx.dll and the coatl.exe from scanning problems.
3. Yes, I get the crash just as Auto Gen starts (at 71%).
I'm going to try to find the FSX config file on this new system, delete it, let FSX make a new one and see what happens. If that doesn't help I suppose I'll have to delete FSX and re-install.  Not a huge problem since I don't have much added at this point.

Jack

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2011, 06:31:36 pm »
Sorry, but I'm fairly sure that, if you are getting a CTD when loading the scenery, it's something else which is *making* the Addon Manager crashing, not the other way around.

Have you tried removing the bglmanx.dll file from the FSX root ? If you are still getting the crash, they it's 100% it's not caused by the Addon Manager.

ofentress

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2011, 09:57:07 pm »
Umberto............
In the end nothing really worked so I did delete and re-install Flight Sim.  Everything's working OK now.  Before I begin to re-install scenery what is the latest add on manager and where do I find it?
Thanks for trying to help.

Jack

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2011, 09:59:03 pm »
In the end nothing really worked

You even tried removing bglmanx.dll from the FSX root folder ? If yes, and FSX still crashes, then it's 100% SURE the problem wasn't caused by the Addon Manager because, without that file, nothing it's loaded.

Before I begin to re-install scenery what is the latest add on manager and where do I find it?

All our installers automatically get it online when they run.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 10:00:51 pm by virtuali »