Author Topic: Uninstall Demo Orlando FSX took Imagine Singapore as well  (Read 6353 times)

christiaan

Uninstall Demo Orlando FSX took Imagine Singapore as well
« on: May 22, 2011, 10:10:29 pm »
When I uninstalled the FSX Orlando demo it took the Imagine Singapore scenery & texture file with it.

I found out when starting FSX got a message that Orlando could not be found despite it being in scenery file.

Also got a message the AES could not find Singapore.

When I ticked Singapore which was still in the Scenery Library the above mentioned files were missing.

I just got the C: Flight Sim. X folder,  also a little strange as my Flight Sims, including the Imagine & FSDT folders are on a second HD.

Solved the solution by "deleting" Singapore from the library and then manually re-installing from the Imagine folder.

This got rid of the fault messages.

Do you know any reason why this happened?

« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 10:12:07 pm by henry »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Uninstall Demo Orlando FSX took Imagine Singapore as well
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 10:12:24 am »
I'm sorry, but I can't see how installing/uninstalling Orlando could have any effect on other sceneries, under normal circumstances.

The most likely explanation is, your scenery.cfg was ALREADY corrupted before installing Orlando, and this might have confused its installer when it had to remove the Orlando entry when uninstalling.

That's why, our current FSDT installer have lots of checks on the scenery.cfg BEFORE installing the scenery, and don't touch it if any error is found, so people can't assume they caused problems, since they don't do anything until the preexisting scenery.cfg errors are fixed by the user. The Cloud9 installers probably weren't so "defensive" in nature, and assume the scenery.cfg is always clean, which is not always the case.

However, even Cloud9 installers make a BACKUP of the scenery.cfg as it was BEFORE installing them so, you could have restored the situation by simply using the backup file, which is located in the same folder as the regular scenery.cfg.