Author Topic: Outstanding issues  (Read 6766 times)

Mike...

Outstanding issues
« on: March 29, 2011, 05:25:28 pm »
As per the Avsim thread and Fabrizio's post in particular, I'm posting a list in no particular order with what I believe to be outstanding issues:

- Slightly awkwardly placed static jetways, described in this thread. Specifically gates D8, E4, F8, and H10.

- Some misalignment issues as described in this thread. As mentioned there, there are mainly three areas that stick out, two at 9L and one at 27R. All three concern the striped v-shaped markings.

- Alpha-less DXT3 textures. There are a number of DXT3 textures that don't have an alpha-channel. This can cause stuttering as either the sim or the hardware is expecting them, even if the alpha functionality is not used. The affected textures are the following:

If you open any of them in Image Tool, you should get Format: DXT3, Alpha: None. From the user point of view it suffices to resave them with DXTBmp, that adds an alpha and has a considerable positive effect on texture loading. This is not the same as resizing textures to get better performance. This is purely a technical issue and plagues a number of FSDT and other sceneries. There is a lot documentation about this on the AIG Forums, as well as a handy tool to quickly find the offending textures called AlphaSearcher.

- One last thing is the semi-transparent custom ground. It's just the way a number of sceneries were made (due to FSX aspects), like KLAS, but it's annoying to see certain Afcad elements shine through. I know some hold short marker areas have been addressed in the past and I understand it could involve a great deal of work to redo them. But if you have by any chance developed a method that would quickly allow you to redo them like KDFW, where this is no longer an issue, it'd be appreciated. I understand this is a long shot, but you can't blame a guy for trying. ;-D

Thank you.

simbio

• FSDreamTeam developer
Re: Outstanding issues
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 09:56:54 pm »
Thank's for the summary.
I going to chek all of your imput and it will be fixed soon.
For the problem about the ground showing the afcad, I will work on the alpha to cover all holding short that show through, but I will not change the method.
Sorry about that
Thank you
Fabrizio

Mike...

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 10:45:39 am »
I understand. Looking forward to the update.

:)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 04:49:35 pm »
The update has been released today