Author Topic: Bug whith the Cloud9 F104  (Read 5672 times)

BOURGALI

Bug whith the Cloud9 F104
« on: March 13, 2011, 04:16:01 pm »
Hello !
I bought, about 2009, two airplanes from  "Cloud 9" : The Phantom F4 and the F104.

After having long flown in FSX, I wanted to go back to FS9 and wanted to re-install these two birds in FS9. Nostalgia !

For the F4, everything went well: I downloaded version 1.04 and the new "FSDT install" on the site "fsdreamteam". I entered my "serial register (C9F4F. ....................). No problem.

For cons, for the F104 with the same maneuver (F-104 1.03 + Livery Livery Pack 1+  Pack 2, "FSDT innstaller", register Serial : C910410000-...........), After running FS9, when I selected the F104, I get an instant return to the desk. Immediately !

I remember that I had the same bug when I bought the F104 from Cloud 9. I could never use it...

I said that my FS9 has just been loaded. It is brand new on XP.

I wanted to know if other simmers have encountered the same problem? And if you have any idea what causes this bug?

Thank you in advance.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Bug whith the Cloud9 F104
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2011, 04:21:38 pm »
The problem is you haven't read this, on the Cloud9 download page:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/products_cloud9.html

IMPORTANT

If the Cloud9 product you purchased doesn't have an FSDT updated installer yet, you have to install the Cloud9 product first, then update the Stand-alone Addon Manager

Since the F104 doesn't have an installer from FSDT, you should follow what's written there, and install the F104 THEN update the Stand-alone Addon Manage, using the link provided in the above page.

The Addon Manager has to be installed AFTER the F104, this is important so, if you removed the F104 now, updating the Addon Manager wouldn't do anything, you need to reinstall the whole F104 again, then upgrade the Addon Manager after having installed the F104.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 04:25:13 pm by virtuali »

BOURGALI

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 04:14:35 pm »
Thank you for your quick response !

O.K., it was I who made the mistake !

The reflex, when several planes of Cloud 9, is to install the first plane, then FS Addon Manager, but then, want to activate the second directly with FS Addon Manager which is already present in the computer.

And you should insist that the installation of the airplane must always come before the installation of FS Addon Manager.

May be one of these days !

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 09:13:54 pm »
The reflex, when several planes of Cloud 9, is to install the first plane, then FS Addon Manager, but then, want to activate the second directly with FS Addon Manager which is already present in the computer.

I really don't undertand much what you are saying here. In any case, if you are saying you have more than one Cloud9 product to reinstall, and more than one don't have an FSDT updated installer, then you have to install the Addon Manager after installing both products with a Cloud9 installer.

And you should insist that the installation of the airplane must always come before the installation of FS Addon Manager.

That's exactly what the web site says:

you have to install the Cloud9 product first, then update the Stand-alone Addon Manager
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 09:15:58 pm by virtuali »