Author Topic: again problem reinstalling all sceneries  (Read 38690 times)

viennaman

Re: again problem reinstalling all sceneries
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2011, 03:49:41 pm »
Deleted JFK - tried to install ORD now - look what weird messages i am getting now ???

viennaman

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2011, 03:51:06 pm »
OR this ???

viennaman

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2011, 03:54:37 pm »
Umberto,

Now deleted FS JFK and uploaded FS Ohare - look what kind of messages i get now ?? i am so so frustrated

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2011, 04:04:31 pm »
Those messages are NOT "weird" or unexpected, you are really confusing normal things, which your problem of not being able to add to the Scenery Library automatically, which is an entirely different thing.

The Esellerate Error -25001 SIMPLY means there IS a Serial Number for that scenery in the registry, but you typed it wrong. This is obviously fixed by selecting "Register Serial" from the Addon Manager and type the CORRECT Serial Number.

The Serial Number is NOT removed when Uninstalling, and it's NOT removed even when Uninstalling FS9, which obviously make sense (you wouldn't want to reinsert it every time you reinstall the scenery) so, none of this has anything to do with the installation, it's just you typed a wrong serial, the program is trying to activate it, and found it being wrong. The fix is very simple, see above.

The other message, which is requesting activation, is also normal, is not "weird", and it's simply indicates there IS a Serial Number for that product in the registry, but it hasn't been activated yet, probably because an hardware change. If you reply YES, it will obviously go online to check your Serial Number, and eventually report one of the two results: either the Serial was correct and you still had activations left, OR the Serial wasn't correct because you typed it wrong, in that case an error 25001 will appear, and you'll have to fix it, obviously by inserting the CORRECT Serial.

Again, nothing of this is strange, weird or unexpected, it's exactly what is supposed to happen but of course, if you insert wrong Serials, how ANY software could react to fix this ?

And, none of this is related to the fact your system has something wrong which apparently prevents you to add a scenery to the Scenery Library.

viennaman

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2011, 04:21:00 pm »
So i shall always press yes - but why are the building not there ?
Sorry for bothering u so much
marek

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2011, 04:25:10 pm »
So i shall always press yes

Yes, of course.

but why are the building not there ?

Fact you don't see buildings, doesn't have anything to do with the activation. If the Addon Manager says the scenery is "Active", then it's active.

If the scenery is not listed in the Scenery Library, of course it will not show, this is no different than any FS9 scenery.

viennaman

« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2011, 04:26:31 pm »
Umberto,

now i have building but it desnt look like the FS dreams scenery - Where can the problem be now ?

viennaman

« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2011, 04:32:01 pm »
installed - Ohare - Addon manager says - registered - Runways - NO Buildings.

Marek

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2011, 06:18:04 pm »
installed - Ohare - Addon manager says - registered - Runways - NO Buildings.

The buildings shows in your screenshot are not from our scenery. This means, the scenery hasn't been added to the Scenery Library again.

This has been your problem all along: it doesn't have anything to do with activation: if the scenery is not activated, it will NOT disappear! It will run in Trial mode for 5 minutes at time.

If you don't see any scenery, and you have the Addon Manager menu, it means everything is running correctly but, if the scenery is not added to the Scenery Library, it will not show, as with any other FS scenery.

viennaman

« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2011, 06:41:33 pm »
Umberto,

u telling me all the time what is right or wrong - thanks for that but sofar NO solution what i shall do that this FS sceneries are finally running. I am nom almost 15 hours involved in this problem. Any other scenery - u install very easily- upload the scenery - put in the Reg key and its running fine.

So can u give me some advise what i can do ?

Marek

viennaman

« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2011, 06:42:51 pm »
Once again - i have now only the FS 9 installed with the update to FS 9.1 - NO other sceneries. Originaly disks from Microsoft - what shall i do next - install the addon manager - install the first scenerey - i mean give me some advise finally

Marek

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2011, 08:31:00 pm »
Once again - i have now only the FS 9 installed with the update to FS 9.1 - NO other sceneries. Originaly disks from Microsoft - what shall i do next - install the addon manager - install the first scenerey - i mean give me some advise finally

You don't seem to understand: your mistake is to keep assuming there's something "wrong" either in our installer, or in the way you install our sceneries. This is NOT your issue. Nothing related to our installers matter to this.

Your issue is that you can't add a scenery area, even MANUALLY, to FS9. This is wrong, doesn't depend in any way from our installers and it's something that has gone wrong in your installation. If you are unable to add a new scenery to the Scenery Library manually, this doesn't have anything to do with us, and it must be fixed first.

And besides, the latest version of the Addon Manager is automatically downloaded by the scenery installer from the internet so, you just install the scenery and don't worry about the Addon Manager being the correct version or not. Only if you have a Cloud9 product that doesn't have an updated FSDT installer, then you have to Update using the Stand-Alone Addon Manager AFTER installing the Cloud9 product.

Try this: create a NEW User login using the Windows Control Panel Account page, and create an user with Admin rights. Now, disconnect from your regular user, and login again using the newly created user, then try to install the scenery there, and see if it adds the area automatically.

viennaman

« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2011, 08:54:55 pm »
Umberto  :) :),

created a new account with a name and administrator and it works - great - so what shall i do now that it also work with my account where i am also adminstrator.

Marek

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2011, 09:05:16 pm »
created a new account with a name and administrator and it works - great

That's FINALLY proves the problem was your configuration, and nothing related to our sceneries.

so what shall i do now that it also work with my account where i am also adminstrator.

Of course, if I knew *what* was wrong, I could simply told you how to fix it, instead of having you create another account. That's was just a way to prove you it was something local to your system config.

Now, you can try removing this folder, from your regular user account:

%APPDATA%\Microsoft\FS9

this stores the local FS9 config, if you remove it, a new one will be created automatically, maybe it will fix the problem.

viennaman

« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2011, 09:08:46 pm »
Umberto,

please tell me how to remove this folder ? i have no clue - please tell me step by step

tks for your patience