Author Topic: again problem reinstalling all sceneries  (Read 38685 times)

viennaman

Re: again problem reinstalling all sceneries
« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2011, 08:51:42 pm »
Umberto - I changed the level to low and it seems
To work - Jesus - finally - thanks

viennaman

Re: again problem reinstalling all sceneries **SOLVED**
« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2011, 09:28:15 pm »
Umberto - crazy - JFK and Ohare - r running fine -
Now problems with phnl Zurich and Dallas !!?
Don't get it

viennaman

« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2011, 10:03:44 pm »
Umberto - Why were These 2 sceneries added to the scenery
Library properly and automatically and work fine and the others
Don't ???!!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2011, 10:18:32 pm »
There's no difference whatsoever (provided, of course, you are using the current version of all installers), between the installers, they do exactly the same thing.

And besides, I've already explained, many times already, that if you are unable to add the scenery even manually, the problem doesn't have anything to do with the scenery itself, or the installer, since the installer is no longer in use at that point, and the scenery doesn't matter at all on the ability to add an area to the Scenery Library, since you can even add an area with an *empty* scenery folder, if you want.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 10:20:05 pm by virtuali »

viennaman

« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2011, 10:22:43 pm »
Umberto - I CAN add the scenery folder manually -
I quit the FS - go to the scenery but there r no buildings
- so there is even something wrong when I add them manualy

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2011, 10:27:28 pm »
Umberto - I CAN add the scenery folder manually - I quit the FS - go to the scenery but there r no buildings- so there is even something wrong when I add them manualy

You said something different: that you were able to add the area, but if you exit FS9 and launch it again, the area is not there anymore so, obviously, you'll not see any scenery.

If this is the case, I can only repeat and confirm it's a problem of your setting.

What's happening if you use the OTHER user account you created for testing ? You already said it worked...

viennaman

« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2011, 10:33:44 pm »
No area is still there in the folder - but if u go to the airport -
No buildings - why is JFK and ORD working and these not -
That's strange

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2011, 10:40:15 pm »
No area is still there in the folder - but if u go to the airport - No buildings - why is JFK and ORD working and these not -That's strange

Ok, now you are saying a different thing. As I've said, provided you are using all current version of the installers, there's no reason why a scenery would work and the other not. In any case, is the Area being automatically added by the installers, now that you have changed the UAC ? And, you haven't replied to my previous question, if the scenery works in the other user account you created for testing.

However, now the whole issue is entirely different which means, everything we found so far is probably useless, apart for the fact that lowering the UAC seems to have improved (but still, please check in the other user account first).

If your Scenery Areas now work as expected, and you see the Addon Manager, but not the scenery and you ARE using the current scenery installers and you haven't seen any error during installation, and some FSDT sceneries work and some not, then sorry, but the only possible explanation left, is that there's another scenery in conflict, which seems strange, since you say you reinstalled FS9 from scratch.

viennaman

« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2011, 06:40:35 am »
Umberto,

Didn't check all FS dreams sceneries in the other account
Conflict with another scenery ? There is no other scenery
Only fly Tampa st marteen and SFO - but I don't think they make
A conflict - from what I see is - if the FS dreams scenery gets
Added automatically to the scenery folder like JFK and ORD
Than it works - doing it manually - forget it

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #54 on: March 18, 2011, 11:26:14 am »
from what I see is - if the FS dreams scenery gets Added automatically to the scenery folder like JFK and ORD Than it works - doing it manually - forget it

I'm not sure to undertand you here. First, as I've said, the installers are exactly the same so, either all of them are able to add the scenery to the Scenery Library, or none of them should.

However, although not being able to add the scenery to the Scenery Library automatically is an indication of a problem in your configuration, the scenery should work if you add its area manually, unless there was a problem during the installation with your scenery.cfg, so the installation didn't copy the scenery files. But in this case you should have seen a warning by the installer, because it checks the scenery.cfg being correct *before* trying to modify it.

Now, please, try to be precise and do the following:

- Use your other user account
- Be sure you are using the CURRENT version of ALL the sceneries. If unsure, download them again
- Install them ALL
- Pay attention if you get any warning messages from the installer
- Note which ones are automatically added to the Scenery Library and which ones not
- Note which ones works

viennaman

« Reply #55 on: March 18, 2011, 11:53:06 am »
Umberto - even with a new account - only 2 sceneries are
Automatically installed in the scenery library - ORD and JFK
Like under my account - I can add them manually but still
The sceneries won't work as there are no buildings only runways
And taxiways - have the add-on manager 1.8 and the latest
Downloads - so what next ??

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2011, 12:05:38 pm »
As i've said, the installers are exactly the same so, either all of them are able to add the scenery to the Scenery Library, or none of them should. There's no reason why only JFK and KORD work, and the others not.

And besides, you haven't said if you are seeing buildings on JFK and KORD, or they just able to add the scenery to the Scenery Library automatically, but they also don't work.

viennaman

« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2011, 12:08:17 pm »
ORD and JFK are working perfectly - the scenery is fine with
Buildings etc

viennaman

« Reply #58 on: March 18, 2011, 12:40:06 pm »
Umberto - thats a pic eg. from FSD Zürich - manually added to the Scenery library - checked the scnerey.cfg file- the scenery is there added and see how the airport looks like - blury taxi and runways and no buidlings - same is true form DTW, PHNL

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #59 on: March 18, 2011, 01:28:17 pm »
As I've said, it's just not possible that one installer would add the scenery automatically to the library, and another not. They are all the same, doing exactly the same things.

Are you really *sure* you used the Zurich installer and not, for example, the Zurich *update* installer ? The update is smaller, and it doesn't add the scenery to the library (since it's supposed to be there already) and it doesn't contain all the scenery, which seems to be consistent with what you are seeing in the screenshot. Are you

Besides, it's not that just the taxiways are blurred, the whole image quality is very bad in your screenshot: the hills in the background are not part of our scenery, and are very blurred too. To fix blurriness, set the MipMap quality to 5 or more and set the Global Max texture size to Massive in FS9, and use an Anisotropic filter to 8x or more in your Video card Control Panel.

However, you should still see buildings, even if blurred so, this doesn't have anything to do with the missing buildings.