Author Topic: Just need alittle assistance from my fellow simmers  (Read 4195 times)

cowings1588

Just need alittle assistance from my fellow simmers
« on: March 20, 2011, 08:07:04 am »
Well thanks for the heads up.. I do appreciate it...
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 06:30:56 pm by cowings1588 »
COA
Bill

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
Re: Just need alittle assistance from my fellow simmers
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 12:49:37 pm »
It's illegal to redistribute those files.

Although some one here might send them to you, I wouldn't be put your email address out for everyone to see if I were you..

Worst case if no one will send you the file, you could always to a fake FSX install on another computer, if you have another computer, then get the file off it and uninstall it. Or, maybe try an FSX "repair" but I would be hesitant to do that since it could mess with other things in your install. I did need another file like that once that I forgot to back up, so I just did an FSX install on my internet computer, didn't activate it, pulled the files I needed, then uninstalled it.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 02:55:21 pm »
To get a default file without having to reinstall, it's probably easier to get the file directly from the FSX DVD. Most of them are in Microsoft .CAB file format, so a compression utility (I suggest the free 7-Zip) able to open .CAB files should be used.

cowings1588

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2011, 06:34:53 pm »
I wonder why flightsim.com don't have any default Bell 206 I could just download & get the sound from it... Or even better why won't TSS just make the door sound to go along with the rest of there sounds so it won't distort that part of the sound... Why does it have to erase the door default sound & jsut enhance what it was meant too which is the the engine sounds..  Why does it have to take away the door sounds anyway.. Because mostly all there mostly doing is giving us the enhancement sounds of the real engine sounds, which has nothing to do with the door sounds.. So I wonder why does it even have to mess with the door sounds.
COA
Bill

cowings1588

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2011, 06:37:43 pm »
It's illegal to redistribute those files.

Although some one here might send them to you, I wouldn't be put your email address out for everyone to see if I were you..

Worst case if no one will send you the file, you could always to a fake FSX install on another computer, if you have another computer, then get the file off it and uninstall it. Or, maybe try an FSX "repair" but I would be hesitant to do that since it could mess with other things in your install. I did need another file like that once that I forgot to back up, so I just did an FSX install on my internet computer, didn't activate it, pulled the files I needed, then uninstalled it.

I think I might just do that.. I'll install it on my computer I use for general purposes, grab the file I need & send it back to me via e-mail so I can install it on my FSX computer.. Thanks
COA
Bill

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2011, 07:04:33 pm »
Are you certain it deleted the door sound, and didn't just change the cfg files?   ;)
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock