Author Topic: GSX - A new product from FSDT - Ground Services X  (Read 295225 times)

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
Re: GSX - A new product from FSDT - Ground Services X
« Reply #255 on: January 15, 2012, 02:33:08 pm »
unless you are doing the same you do not know what it lintels at least through this particular venue

I can't divulge what I know for obvious reasons, but I'm sure you can read between the lines.  ;)
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

PUP4ORD

• UA777
« Reply #256 on: January 15, 2012, 02:46:07 pm »
I hope all this talk about NDA's isn't about frustration over GSX not being released yet....Because it is getting out of hand :-\ :P
KENNETH M."PUP"CRADDOCK II
Ladies and Gentlemen please fasten your seatbelts for a short ride......
http://pup4ordfsxmore.blogspot.com/

ALIENWARE AURORA R4 MSWIN7 64BIT  As for the rest of it......?????????

juniormafia27

• Better You Than Me
« Reply #257 on: January 15, 2012, 06:45:13 pm »
I hope all this talk about NDA's isn't about frustration over GSX not being released yet....Because it is getting out of hand :-\ :P

I concur. It is getting all the way out of hand.
ASUS Hero Motherboard
Windows 11 64Bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz   3.60 GHz
64.0 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO Ram
Corsair 1200 Watt
 Corsair H115i-Water Cooler
NVIDIA RTX-3090TI
Samsung 49 inch Curved Monitor

FS9, FSX, P3D, MSFS 2020

aircanadajet

« Reply #258 on: January 15, 2012, 08:38:59 pm »
I became a beta tester!!! Yay!

juniormafia27

• Better You Than Me
« Reply #259 on: January 15, 2012, 10:40:37 pm »
ASUS Hero Motherboard
Windows 11 64Bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz   3.60 GHz
64.0 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO Ram
Corsair 1200 Watt
 Corsair H115i-Water Cooler
NVIDIA RTX-3090TI
Samsung 49 inch Curved Monitor

FS9, FSX, P3D, MSFS 2020

Need-To-Know

« Reply #260 on: January 25, 2012, 02:09:16 am »
It's an FSX only product which greatly enhances any airport

This looks great guys. looking forward to it very much whenever it is complete.

Having logistical services all across the fsx world will be perfect!!

Wondering if you have tested it on orbx's larger jetway equipped airports? Like AU ones (I do not have yet - mainly because no services). But I do have PAKT and rumor is there will not or cannot (for now) be any services due to the terrain levels. They can not even get the jetways to move.

Thanks! You have a customer in me fer sure! :D

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #261 on: January 25, 2012, 03:15:24 pm »
They can not even get the jetways to move.

Jetways don't move at any Orbx airport, that has nothing to do with GSX or the sloping terrain of PAKT.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

ottoramsaig

• Never Forgotten
« Reply #262 on: January 25, 2012, 05:37:54 pm »
Cool... I love BF3  ;) Which rank are U Junior?

I know its off topic but you owe it to yourself to check out ARMA 2.  A little more relaistic than BF3 Or CoD. 

wingnut

« Reply #263 on: January 25, 2012, 06:14:01 pm »
Hello;

I have ORBX/ FTX airports,and the Jetways move,I have Brisbaine,and Cairnes,just select them just as if you were at an Fsx airport,no add-ons,and it works.Looking forward to this product,looks good.

Mark
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 06:24:51 pm by wingnut »
Mark W.

Need-To-Know

« Reply #264 on: January 25, 2012, 07:55:19 pm »
Humm interesting Bruce. I thought they did move too but I do not own any AU so did not know.

Here is how the orbx developer describes PAKT:

Taxiways and parking spots can only by placed on a perfectly FLAT airport in FSX. To enable this airport to have multiple levels as per the real one, we were unable to provide any more than the main runway in the APX. There are no fuel trucks or animated jetways available although I will see if I can get a fuel trigger to work for when Russ releases an update.

So let me rephrase the question. Have any orbx airports been tested.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #265 on: January 25, 2012, 08:46:45 pm »
So let me rephrase the question. Have any orbx airports been tested.

Aa a general rule (which is valid for every airport ) GSX doesn't interact in any way with jetways. If they are made using the native FSX method, GSX will recognize their presence, and will adapt vehicles accordingly, for example not calling multiple staircases or a passenger bus. All thousands default airports and all our airports are made like this.

If the jetway is fake (meaning, it's a static part of the terminal) or it's animated using other non standard methods, GSX can't know about this, and will treat the parking as if it were in the open, calling front staircases and a passenger bus.

But this is the *automatic* behavior, the one that works by default at any airport without GSX having any knowledge of it.

But GSX also has the ability to customize a certain airport entirely, with very small definition files, which are extremely powerful, since every parking of every airport can be tweaked very precisely, and the easiest customization is the one that simply list which parkings have a fake or non-standard jetway, so GSX can recognize it just the same.

Note that, GSX will always be constantly updated online without having to reinstall it and without even having to relaunch FSX: a notification system will give a message telling there has been some update for GSX, prompting you to update, and after a brief download (less than 1MB will update the whole GSX code), you'll be updated with new customized airports, new supported airplanes, and new features and/or bugfixes of the core program.

Quick updates like these, were a specific 3rd party airport will be made to work better, for example helping GSX recognize static or non FSX native jetways, and support files for 3rd party airplanes, will always be free (and of course bugfixes and program updates).

This regarding code updates, they'll be basically entirely automatic.

We'll likely release payware expansion packs too, possibly covering specific themes, like GA/Bush flying operations, Cargo operations, Millitary operations, etc. and they'll add both entirely new program features, and new 3d models and sounds.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 11:57:13 pm by virtuali »

wingnut

« Reply #266 on: January 25, 2012, 09:09:41 pm »
Hello;

Here's a image of Brisbaine airport,parked at the gate,with a MD-11,jetway was activated.Its just the same as a Fsx airport,fuel,I haven't been able to get the baggage ramps to work yet,but I'll keep trying,it would be nice to have this work at these airports.

Mark
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 09:12:16 pm by wingnut »
Mark W.

Need-To-Know

« Reply #267 on: January 25, 2012, 09:37:52 pm »
Thanks virtuali,

I am sure it is going to be great and looking forward to it. I appreciate your taking the time to write that information.

Scoobe

« Reply #268 on: January 25, 2012, 11:21:42 pm »
Wow!  this sounds like an amazing product. The more I hear about it, the more I can't wait to get it.

Rob

kitty.hawk

« Reply #269 on: January 28, 2013, 01:06:30 am »
Why does one suitcase remain on the trolly when boarding or when deboarding there is one suitcase already on the trolly. This could be changed because looks very funny