Author Topic: GSX - A new product from FSDT - Ground Services X  (Read 295286 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX - A new product from FSDT - Ground Services X
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2011, 09:28:24 pm »
Hello Umberto found one example. on servcing in md-80 but you can see were the tugs are going hope this helps. just a picky thing from former and current ramp workers.

That's useful: it's not really different from what we are already doing and any modifications are not difficult, since everything is made with programming logic, and we can adjust paths and starting/ending positions quite easily.

Silverbird

« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2011, 09:32:45 pm »
Hello Umberto found one example. on servcing in md-80 but you can see were the tugs are going hope this helps. just a picky thing from former and current ramp workers.

That's useful: it's not really different from what we are already doing and any modifications are not difficult, since everything is made with programming logic, and we can adjust paths and starting/ending positions quite easily.

Thank's Umberto its been awhile since I worked at the ramp, but Im glade you have it in mind, thanks :) keep up the excellent work Im very excited for gsx. ;)
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

SirIsaac726

« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2011, 09:56:23 pm »
Wow, amazing stuff Umberto and the FSDT team.  I must say, I will be sticking with AES for two reason: 1) I like the individual personalization on 3rd party airports that AES does (which you smartly noticed is the BEST and WORST feature of AES) and 2) I only use FS9.

But wow, this looks like a powerful product that I can only assume will sell very well.  Nice job!

ESzczesniak

« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2011, 10:18:44 pm »
That's exactly how our push back works: GSX keeps in memory the whole taxiway structure of the airport you are currently in, so you'll just have to specify a direction, and the truck will tow you to the nearest taxiway node on that direction. A similar concept is used for the Follow me car.

Fantastic news!  AES has been an excellent product, but only being available at certain airports has been limiting and it is starting to show it's age.  It looks like this is going to do exactly what I was hoping an AES v3.0 would do...and at all airports.  I do thank all the support from Oliver and AES thoughout my past several years of flight sim experience, but reasonably AES is going to be relegated to handful of 3rd party airports that rely on it for gate animations (rather than native FSX) once your GSX is released.

aircanadajet

« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2011, 10:41:33 pm »
virtuali: I thought of a different question/suggestion, that hopefully has not been answered already.. would it be possible to get rid of (completely) the default push back and luggage trucks that come with FSX? Because at times they are on KLAS even with the Aerosoft ones as well. And how are the GSX trucks are supposed to interact with Aerosoft? Is there a way to choose which ones are visible or something like that? Thank you.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2011, 10:48:30 pm »
would it be possible to get rid of (completely) the default push back and luggage trucks that come with FSX?

It's already like that. When you select a parking and request GSX services, all the default FSX vehicles in that parking spot will be removed.

flyerkg

« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2011, 10:55:15 pm »
I like how the guy throws the luggage a little when the stack is small and logically knows to place the next highest bag up and onto the stack.
It could be fun trying to claim your bag when everyone else has either a red or blue one just like yours.

Keith

Thralni

« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2011, 12:07:00 am »
Will GSX also work on this airport for example?

GSX will work with any airport that has a standard FSX AFCAD, it doesn't matter how old the rest of the scenery is. And, it will work even if you tweak/change/replace the AFCAD that comes with the scenery.

Good news, thanks for answering! It'll be great to have this ground service at all those airports out there that don't support AES.

theshack440

« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2011, 12:21:49 am »
This is amazing! It is really looking great, it is going to add so much to the life of my airports! I have a question though. Will the baggage loading/unloading trucks and services be done at both cargo doors if the airplane has two, such as the A321 in the video?

Regardless, the features are looking fantastic, cannot wait for another awesome FSDreamTeam addition!

Regards
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com
Pilot and Head of Public Relations

rsvette12

Pushback
« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2011, 01:17:01 am »
Looks awesome 1 question will I be able to use pushback without having to shut down the engines if I wish please  :)

Regards, Rich

Didier Chabanne

« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2011, 02:08:07 am »
If I understand you said it will work itself

when you arrive on a door like that of JFK airport.

Surment must touch a key on your keyboard.

thank you very much
I like to fly to Paris CDG and also flights to EDDF.
With Air Transat but B777-200ER/LR B777-300ER
FS2004

PUP4ORD

• UA777
« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2011, 02:32:35 am »
Its great to see a feature that has been needed for a long time...... :)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 05:45:07 am by PUP4ORD »
KENNETH M."PUP"CRADDOCK II
Ladies and Gentlemen please fasten your seatbelts for a short ride......
http://pup4ordfsxmore.blogspot.com/

ALIENWARE AURORA R4 MSWIN7 64BIT  As for the rest of it......?????????

jlaporte

« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2011, 02:48:29 am »
It may be fully farfetched but limiting the use of menus and using voice recognition a little bit like Fs2crew instead to simulate all the comm with the ground crew would be awesome.

cowings1588

« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2011, 03:35:49 am »
I like it.. I'm deffantly getting it..

Going under the wing is a major NO,NO for a ramp agent & would get him written up...  Especially going under the wing of a Narrow Body aircraft.. Now I've seen them do it for the wide body aircraft like the A330,A340, 767,747,777 because there wings sit higher from the ground but narrow body is a deffinant No,NO..

I'm really excited for this program to take over the default because the default ground crew that came with FSX, does alright approaching my Smaller planes like the ERJ & CRJ but then leaving the aircraft the beltloader or tug & carts always seem to run into my wing.. So I'll be happy to have a better ground crew where maybe my ERJ's & CRJ's will be safer..  :)  So Happy you guys are making this..  :)  I deffantly will be getting this when it comes out..

That diagram that one person posted is the correct path to the aircraft that us real ramp agents at Continental use to keep our planes safe from damage at all possible..

Ohh & one more important thing gotta raise those belt loaders just alittle more, can not be under the plane, the bumper of the belt load should be an inch away from the door & meet the shiny part just under neith the door if you want to make it super official other wise how you have it is ok far as game goes but in real life we'd get yelled at for that too. Safety issue because if for some reason something slipped into gear it would go right through the plane. Also why all ground equipment when parked should be chocked.

I really like the looks of this though & can hardly wait for it too come out..  Wow this is really going to bring life to the airports.. Great Job guys at FSDT...   :)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 06:00:15 am by cowings1588 »
COA
Bill

theshack440

« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2011, 05:29:41 am »
I like it.. I'm deffantly getting it.. The only thing I'm really concerned about is the driving the vehicles under the wing.. I had a problem with the default vehicles doing this.. When they pulled up to the plane they were fine, but its when they pulled away from my ERJ & CRJ's they would try to go under the wing of them & crash into my smaller planes..

Umberto said that he will try to make sure that that doesn't happen by reseting some start/end/path way points because someone else brought it up earlier. I'm sure they will take that into consideration.

Regards
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com
Pilot and Head of Public Relations