Author Topic: having problem with the addonmanager in FSX **SOLVED**  (Read 19857 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: having problem with the addonmanager in FSX
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2011, 03:41:39 am »
Try to download this file:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/download/setup/bglmanx/4053/bglmanx.dll

Put into the FSX main folder, overwriting the one that is already there, and see if it makes any difference.

PierreFSX

« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2011, 03:36:37 pm »
Same result, no addon manager in fsx. I also included the LOG file and it seems that the DLL is not even getting loaded.
Pierre Nantel
Windows 10 (64 Bit)
Intel 9i 10900K
32 Gig
Nvidia GTX 1080 TI 11Gig
PFC Cirrus II
P3D v5.3 H2
PF3/MCE
Active Sky
PMDG 747-400/747 V3, Aerosoft Airbus Series
Twin Otter, A2A Cessna 172

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2011, 06:42:12 pm »
Yes, it's always the same, FSX doesn't even try to load it. Usually, when there's a problem like a missing .DLL, you would see the line with the loading attempt, and a message saying "Missing dependecies".

In your case, instead, it seems something is blocking the load before it happens, which usually is a symptom of the antivirus blocking it. Are you absolutely sure you don't have any antivirus running ?

To verify this, you can go to the Control Panel, under "Internet Options", look for the "Content" tab, there should be an "Authors" button, that will list the software authors that you trusted, and another tab with untrusted authors. If you see "Virtuali s.a.s", remove it from both tabs (especially if it's under untrusted), then:

- Uninstall the scenery, reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager?" and "Do you want to remove the Couatl engine?" and reinstall it again. Pay attention if you get trust request from both Windows and FSX now.

I assume you are using the current version of the scenery installer ( or the Stand-Alone Addon Manager installer ) ? If not, download the Stand-Alone Addon Manager installer for FSX, and use that one as a reinstall, instead of the scenery, it's the same, but it's faster to do and it's a faster download too.

PierreFSX

« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2011, 07:20:18 pm »
You are a genious, the "Virtuali s.a.s" was under untrusted, so now I have the addon manager installed and working in FSX. What would be the best way to reload my two scenery? I say a reinstalled bottom in the add manager should I use this? Or it is better to use the installer for each scenery?

Pierre

Pierre Nantel
Windows 10 (64 Bit)
Intel 9i 10900K
32 Gig
Nvidia GTX 1080 TI 11Gig
PFC Cirrus II
P3D v5.3 H2
PF3/MCE
Active Sky
Twin Otter, A2A Cessna 172

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2011, 09:19:19 pm »
You are a genious, the "Virtuali s.a.s" was under untrusted, so now I have the addon manager installed and working in FSX

Very happy to hear it. It was very logical, if you think about it. You must have inadvertitely chose to not trust we as a publisher so, your system refused anything signed by us.

What would be the best way to reload my two scenery? I say a reinstalled bottom in the add manager should I use this?

The Reinstall option is just a wizard that will guide you to insert your Serial Number and, in case you lost your purchase receipt, suggest a way to retrieve it, but you always have to install the scenery in any case.

Basically, the activation doesn't have anything to do with the fact the scenery is installed or not. You can reactivate a scenery both before or after installing it, but of course you have to install it, to see it in FSX.

PierreFSX

Re: having problem with the addonmanager in FSX **SOLVED**
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2011, 09:53:29 pm »
Do not know how to thanks you Umberto Umberto, everything is now working.

Thanks

Pierre
Pierre Nantel
Windows 10 (64 Bit)
Intel 9i 10900K
32 Gig
Nvidia GTX 1080 TI 11Gig
PFC Cirrus II
P3D v5.3 H2
PF3/MCE
Active Sky