Author Topic: problem with addon-manager **SOLVED**  (Read 4417 times)

Kai-Uwe

problem with addon-manager **SOLVED**
« on: February 18, 2011, 04:24:33 pm »
hello,

I'm just making a new FSX-installation. Now a problem comes up: I installed all FSDT-airports and they worked fine. But now, without reason, the start of FSX lasts very long, about 5-6 minutes. If I deinstall one of your sceneries together with the addon-manager the FS starts quick like a flash. If I install the manager again (stand alone or together with scenery) during the next FS-start I will ask for permission for couatl and addon-manager but there's a hint (in a white windows) that the bglmanx.dll had made problems and it advices me to deactivate it. But I say yes to activate it and then... like before. In the dll.xml there is an entry for addon-manager on the top. I took it to the bottom but there's no difference. Antivirus is turned off. So what can I do now?

greetings Kai
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 03:44:17 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: problem with addon-manager
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2011, 08:21:03 pm »
Do you have a *lot* of sceneries ?

The issue is: the Addon Manager HAS to check if a scenery is installed, otherwise it would create bogus "Trial started" messages when entering in an area of a known scenery, even if you didn't have that scenery installed, that's why the check. We had a version that skipped the check, to speed-up load time, but users complained about seeing the Trial message for no reason so, either we have a fast startup time, or we see Trial messages even without having a known scenery installed.

However, 5-6 minutes it's not normal at all, it shouldn't take more than 20-30 seconds, normally, and the difference between having the check or not shouldn't be more than a few seconds, unless your list of installed sceneries is really big.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 08:23:18 pm by virtuali »

Kai-Uwe

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2011, 09:08:00 pm »
hi Umberto,

yes, the list is large, about 470 entries and I haven't finished yet.  The problem came at a moment, from one to another scenery. Will this check happens everytime I start FS? I saw now that it lasts about 25 minutes! Do you know some "candidates" of sceneries which could make trouble? I deleted some entries in the exe.xml regarding the season-switcher from Schweizer Kleinflughäfen (FlyLogic) but it didin't help. The joke is: in my older FSX-installation I had the same sceneries and it ran wonderful.

Kai

Kai-Uwe

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2011, 09:18:55 pm »
hi Umberto,

just me. The reason you told me could be the right. I downloaded the latest scenerie-versions before I made a new fsx. So probably it happens what you mean with searching the library. Oh man! Is it possible to send me the old manager, I had this trial problem only sometimes and if I had it, I activated it again. I thought during that about hardware-changings like overclocking etc. But now I know what did happen. Oh it would be very helpful if you could give me the old managerfiles.

greetings Kai

Kai-Uwe

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2011, 10:26:55 pm »
hi Umberto,

the problem has gone. I deactivated a lot of sceneries first. After that it was as quick as without the addonmanager. Now I was activating sceneries in ten-blocks. And so it works until the latest scenerie. I hope it lasts because I 'haven't finished the installations.

greetings Kai

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: problem with addon-manager **SOLVED**
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2011, 03:43:56 am »
I think your problem doesn't have anything to do with the Addon Manager. It's just the fact you are reinstalling sceneries and, if you reinstall them, FSX will have to update the Scenery Library for *each* new scenery added.

Kai-Uwe

Re: problem with addon-manager **SOLVED**
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2011, 01:35:52 pm »
yes, you're right. I wish you a nice weekend!

with greetings Kai