Author Topic: having problem with the addonmanager in FSX **SOLVED**  (Read 19861 times)

PierreFSX

having problem with the addonmanager in FSX **SOLVED**
« on: February 16, 2011, 03:39:05 am »
Hi, I am new to this forum but something strange happend to my FSDT scenery and addon manager....they are no longer working. Everything was find until I installed REX2 and PMDG MD-11. Now the addon manager doesn't show in my addon menu in FSX. So I tried to reinstalled my two airport (JFK and OHara) but I cannot get them to work. I also reinstalled the addonmanagerX  and still nothing. All the installed program run with no error, but when I restart FSX the addon menu for FSDT is missing from the addon menu in FSX. This is bizarre because everything was working find before.

Does anyone add that problem before, if yes what should I do?

Pierre
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 09:19:28 pm by virtuali »
Pierre Nantel
Windows 10 (64 Bit)
Intel 9i 10900K
32 Gig
Nvidia GTX 1080 TI 11Gig
PFC Cirrus II
P3D v5.3 H2
PF3/MCE
Active Sky
PMDG 747-400/747 V3, Aerosoft Airbus Series
Twin Otter, A2A Cessna 172

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: having problem with the addonmanager in FSX
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 09:59:01 am »
Now the addon manager doesn't show in my addon menu in FSX.

This is usually caused by antivirus, try this:

- Uninstall any scenery. Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

- TURN OFF your antivirus. Don't just exit from its interface, but turn off the real time protection. Actual wording changes between products, however, it's the option to scan every file that gets open in real time, without user intervention.

- Reinstall the scenery with the Antivirus TURNED OFF. Don't launch FSX yet.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\couatl.exe

YourFSXFolder it's usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, if you installed it in the default folder.

- Now you can turn the antivirus back on, and launch FSX.

- Check you are seeing BOTH the "Addon Manager" menu AND the "Couatl powered products" menu under the "Addons" menu.

Also, it's best you use the current version of all the installers or, at least, AFTER all the sceneries are installed, try to install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager for FSX, download links for it are on every product "Info" page.

PierreFSX

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 06:54:18 pm »
Hi I have been tried everything you indicated:

-I have downloaded the must resent installer from the web site for both airport (O’Hara & JFK)
- I have uninstalled both scenery and have removed both Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Using the program feature in control panel)
- I also removed my antivirus software (i am using Microsoft Security Essential) I uninstalled it so it would not play any role and I did restart window
- I re installed the O’Hara scenery and I did get the message in from window 7 if I wanted to trust "Coualt" and said yes.
- Because I didn't had a antivirus I started FSX and but didn't get any message o trust any module
- In FSX I hit fly now and then check to see if the option was appearing in the add-ons menu, it was not.

I repeated this process with JFK with the same result, same result no addon menu option in FSX (i did uninstalled o'Hara)

I also downloaded the must resent addmanagerX from the web site and still no addon menu. (JFK was still installed)

One thing is when I installed REX2 I did had some issue with Simconnect, but with the help of the REX team I have able to fix it. But I wonder where the Simconnect software is installed in FSX, I do not see any files with that name in the FSX directory, is this normal? I read that FSdream is also using this utility.

Pierre
Pierre Nantel
Windows 10 (64 Bit)
Intel 9i 10900K
32 Gig
Nvidia GTX 1080 TI 11Gig
PFC Cirrus II
P3D v5.3 H2
PF3/MCE
Active Sky

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 07:03:55 pm »
One thing is when I installed REX2 I did had some issue with Simconnect, but with the help of the REX team I have able to fix it. But I wonder where the Simconnect software is installed in FSX, I do not see any files with that name in the FSX directory, is this normal

Yes, if your Simconnect installation is broken, our software will not run. It's not located in FSX, it's a set of system files that sometimes needs an FSX reinstall to be fixed.

It's best to activate the Simconnect diagnostic mode to understand what's going on, this way:

Open Notepad, and copy the following text:

Code: [Select]
[SimConnect]
level=verbose
console=1
RedirectStdOutToConsole=1
OutputDebugString=1
; file=c:\simconnect%03u.log
; file_next_index=0
; file_max_index=9

Save the file as SIMCONNECT.INI in this folder:

Documents And Settings\YOUR LOGIN NAME\Documents\Microsoft Flight Simulator X Files

At the next FSX launch, you should see a text window with diagnostic messages: the FIRST 5-6 lines are important: you should try to note what they are saying. If the screen scroll too fase, you can use the Pause key on your keyboard, to be able to read the first lines.

PierreFSX

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 07:11:22 pm »
Wow that what I call a quick responds

I will try this now and post the result
Pierre Nantel
Windows 10 (64 Bit)
Intel 9i 10900K
32 Gig
Nvidia GTX 1080 TI 11Gig
PFC Cirrus II
P3D v5.3 H2
PF3/MCE
Active Sky

PierreFSX

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2011, 07:23:26 pm »
This is what I get:

Pierre Nantel
Windows 10 (64 Bit)
Intel 9i 10900K
32 Gig
Nvidia GTX 1080 TI 11Gig
PFC Cirrus II
P3D v5.3 H2
PF3/MCE
Active Sky

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2011, 08:43:35 pm »
Since you have many modules installed, you need to scroll a few line more, the bglmanx line is not appearing.

PierreFSX

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2011, 10:49:13 pm »
I have took as much of the file that I could, I do not see the bglmanx line. I do not think it gets loaded. His there a xml file that should include this module? I have split the info into 3 files.

Thank you for your help...

Ps, I only have O'Hara installed, I uninstalled the rest
Pierre
Pierre Nantel
Windows 10 (64 Bit)
Intel 9i 10900K
32 Gig
Nvidia GTX 1080 TI 11Gig
PFC Cirrus II
P3D v5.3 H2
PF3/MCE
Active Sky

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2011, 11:09:09 pm »
I do not think it gets loaded. His there a xml file that should include this module?

Yes, you should have an Addon Manager (bglmanx.dll) entry in the DLL.XML file and a Couatl entry in the EXE.XML file. They are put automatically by our installer when you install any scenery or the Stand-Alone Addon Manager.

If it's there, but FSX doesn't even try to load the file, it's likely the antivirus blocking it.

If it's not there, it means another addon you installed might have corrupted the XML somehow and removed our section, but reinstalling should fix it, unless the XML was corrupted beyond repair but, in this case, our installer will tell you, prompting to create a correct one from scratch.

PierreFSX

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2011, 11:39:54 pm »
This is bizarre both file are there and they seems to be ok see attach. Also I notice in the log I sent you that all the PMDG DLL, FSUIPC and FSInsider are loaded but not the add manager.....

Just in case both files are in

Local C:\users\Pierre\AppData\roaming\Microsoft\FSX   ---I am using win 7 64 bit

I am not sure if the EXE.XML gets loaded
Pierre Nantel
Windows 10 (64 Bit)
Intel 9i 10900K
32 Gig
Nvidia GTX 1080 TI 11Gig
PFC Cirrus II
P3D v5.3 H2
PF3/MCE
Active Sky

PierreFSX

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2011, 11:41:08 pm »
One more thing, I do not have any antivirus working
Pierre Nantel
Windows 10 (64 Bit)
Intel 9i 10900K
32 Gig
Nvidia GTX 1080 TI 11Gig
PFC Cirrus II
P3D v5.3 H2
PF3/MCE
Active Sky

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2011, 11:56:58 pm »
This is bizarre both file are there and they seems to be ok see attach

I am not sure if the EXE.XML gets loaded

Are you sure these the correct files ? They are named Copy. Please check your actual files.

PierreFSX

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2011, 12:02:10 am »
Yes they are copies that I made, I have attach the actual xml file.

Thanks again
Pierre Nantel
Windows 10 (64 Bit)
Intel 9i 10900K
32 Gig
Nvidia GTX 1080 TI 11Gig
PFC Cirrus II
P3D v5.3 H2
PF3/MCE
Active Sky

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2011, 01:06:04 am »
XML files are ok so, if are sure you don't have the antivirus, the only remaining explanation is that you must have missed both the bglmanx.dll and the couatl.exe line in the Simconnect diagnostic log.

If a file is in the XML file, FSX will at least try to load it, and will say so in the diagnostic. It might issue some kind of error, but you should at least see the attempt.

The only case where there's no attempt logged, is if the antivirus blocked it OR, if you decided not to Trust the programs, which seems unlikely.

However, to be sure it's not a trusting problem, try to Uninstall the scenery and reply YES to BOTH questions "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager" ? and "Do you want to remove the Couatl engine ?".

This will reset the Trust question so, if you reinstall the scenery, the question will be made again.

PierreFSX

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2011, 01:17:54 am »
Ok I will try this, but I did this proceedure many time today and I do get prompt by window to trust the module but I never got asked by FSX when it loads. If FSX is supposed to also ask me to trust then this is not happening. I will try again and let you know. But like I said I did this about 5 time today.

Thanks for your help, I am over my head with this one.

Pierre
Pierre Nantel
Windows 10 (64 Bit)
Intel 9i 10900K
32 Gig
Nvidia GTX 1080 TI 11Gig
PFC Cirrus II
P3D v5.3 H2
PF3/MCE
Active Sky