Author Topic: blueprintsimulations with LAX  (Read 48224 times)

CX 747-400

• Beta tester
Re: blueprintsimulations with LAX
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2011, 08:42:52 am »
If you want to see the current state of the expansion, check this out

http://www.earthcam.com/clients/lax/?page=pano&project=cam1
Jonathan

A part of the Flight Sim world since 1983
-----------------------
MS Windows 10 64bit Home / Intel Kaby Lake i7 @4.2 / ASUS MAX IX Hero Motherboard /Corsair DDR4 16.00G Ram /Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2011, 09:35:33 am »
If you want to see the current state of the expansion, check this out

http://www.earthcam.com/clients/lax/?page=pano&project=cam1

That's about accurate!! Hopefully by spring it will look alot better for Umberto to consider adding a more completed version...

JamesChams

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2011, 11:22:55 am »
.... Hopefully by spring it will look alot better for Umberto to consider adding a more completed version...
Was that Spring in the Northern Hemisphere or southern one?  ???
Just wanted to get an accurate assessment of your assumed timetable for blueprintSim/FSDT, as it might require more time then that for the project to actually be finished - apparently they (KLAX) are having some minor *budgeting* issues and construction is slowing down; or so I hear... ::)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 11:42:28 am by JamesChams »
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2011, 01:39:48 pm »

Posting twice the same "joke", doesn't make it more funny...when someone refers to a time/date for an airport, it's always the local time so, I guess it should have been plenty obvious that Spring is the one in the Hemisphere where KLAX is located.

Besides, Spring is assumed to end June 20th or 21th, but this is typical for the US, there are other countries in the Northern Hemisphere, like China, were Spring officially ends April 30th, other in Europe where the end of Spring is in mid-May and some to the end of May.

Just wanted to get an accurate assessment of your assumed timetable for blueprintSim/FSDT

Don't see how you could ask here for an accurate assessment for our timetable for blueprintSim and besides, that scenery is already released. About our version, before the end of Spring is the most accurate date we can give now.

As usual with any of our products, when we'll have more accurate informations, we'll release them, on our own pace.

JamesChams

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2011, 02:57:18 pm »
Virtuali,
Besides, Spring is assumed to end June 20th or 21th, but this is typical for the US, there are other countries in the Northern Hemisphere, like China, were Spring officially ends April 30th, other in Europe where the end of Spring is in mid-May and some to the end of May.
Well you have to remember that I come from the Aviation community and we always refer to time (as referenced) based on UTC/GMT; thus, it wasn't meant to be a "joke" but an inquiry for clarification.  More importantly however, this is now a "global village" as the internet has allowed for people from all time zones to interact globally.  So, the need for specific time label statements can be considered important to some people and it can be misunderstood based on which region of the world you happen to be in/from.

Just wanted to get an accurate assessment of your assumed timetable for blueprintSim/FSDT

Don't see how you could ask here for an accurate assessment for our timetable for blueprintSim and besides, that scenery is already released. About our version, before the end of Spring is the most accurate date we can give now.

As usual with any of our products, when we'll have more accurate informations, we'll release them, on our own pace.
I think, here, the idea of whether the new construction projects on the actual airport (KLAX) being delayed would affect your (FSDT) release or BluePrintSim's updates to reflect those changes are in questions here.  As I stated earlier, there are delays in the actual airports construction projects so could that mean that you will also need to delay your respective releases/updates; perhaps?
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2011, 03:37:12 pm »
Well you have to remember that I come from the Aviation community and we always refer to time (as referenced) based on UTC/GMT; thus, it wasn't meant to be a "joke" but an inquiry for clarification

And you are wrong again. because time in aviation is attached with a label such as UTC/GMT only when referencing to a flight.

When referencing to a ground installation, like an airport, and we obviously are, the time is always intended the local time at the airport, since we are discussing the *building* of it, which doesn't have anything to do with aviation procedures thus, using an aviation language and conventions is not appropriate.

Or, do you think the KLAX airport web site (or any other written text mentioning a season when discussing a timeline) should always append "Northern Hemisphere" to it, in case they'll ever reference to a season ?

So, the need for specific time label statements can be considered important to some people and it can be misunderstood based on which region of the world you happen to be in/from.

Since we are discussing a US airport developed by an European company, missing any further indications, it's fairly obvious (to anyone, except you, which only tried to be funny without succeeding, and making a fool of yourself in the process, as usual, just thank me I've removed all the posts of others that laughed at you because of this..) any mention of season, by default, indicates the Hemisphere both the US and Europe are.

I think, here, the idea of whether the new construction projects on the actual airport (KLAX) being delayed would affect your (FSDT) release or BluePrintSim's updates to reflect those changes are in questions here.

Already answered in my previous message:

The updated terminal will surely be featured in the initial release, if the real one would be operative by then, otherwise in an update.

This clearly answers both possible outcomes: if the real world terminal will already completed when we are quite close to release the scenery, we'll add it. If not, it will be added in a scenery upgrade.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 03:43:02 pm by virtuali »

JamesChams

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2011, 05:32:29 pm »
I think you are missing the point of my statement: that there could be "somebody" that *thinks* your are referring to Spring in *their* hemisphere, which may NOT be the same as yours/ours. Which isn’t a joke, but perhaps a supposition on my part?

Also, regarding the *mockers* on your forums…

“Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Proverbs 13:20 NIV)

Now that's a joke! LOL :D but, I think I'll end this discussion here.  Thanks for your time. :)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 05:49:04 pm by virtuali »
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2011, 06:04:53 pm »
I think you are missing the point of my statement: that there could be "somebody" that *thinks* your are referring to Spring in *their* hemisphere, which may NOT be the same as yours/ours. Which isn’t a joke, but perhaps a supposition on my part?

So, now that you failed to prove your previous argument that, since YOU come from an aviation background, it was expected to always see an aviation-related label, like UTC, attached to any time definition, which was clearly out of context, you are now switching version, and it's "somebody else" that might have misunderstood ?

But even assuming that, you would still be wrong, because those living in the southern hemisphere known very well that, when someone from the northern hemisphere is discussing an event happening to a place in the northern hemisphere and is mentioning a season, it's fairly obvious, he's referring to THAT hemisphere.

Frank Lindberg

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2011, 06:14:30 pm »
James, why are U doing this?  >:( stop provoking
VA. Senior Captain Frank Lindberg
"United we stand and divided we fall"
My PC spec: MS Win10 pro 64 bit - Intel Core i9-9900K CPU @ OC to 5.0 GHz - 16GB Ram - Geforce 2080TI 11GBVRAM - P3Dv5.1

SirIsaac726

« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2011, 06:18:27 pm »

“Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Proverbs 13:20 NIV)

Funny, you've been the only one getting "in trouble" as of late.  James, just sit back, relax, and enjoy the previews.  There isn't much more you can ask or "suggest."  All you're doing is irritating everyone.

Anders Bermann

« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2011, 08:40:03 pm »
Hehe! I must really admit, that I've come to enjoy these discussions... :)
Sorry, but I can't help pulling a smile when reading this...

In my opinion, it's a really ridiculous discussion! I honestly can't understand, what you (e.g JamesChams) are getting out of this...  (except annoy the people reading it... and amusing others).

Anyway - just my 2 cent...
Best regards, Anders

sjt375

• Flight Director
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2011, 08:51:58 pm »
I don't understand James. All of these things are totally unnecessary and not funny. Besides, this is an fs scenery development company forum.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 08:53:37 pm by sjt375 »

777captain

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2011, 09:11:03 pm »

Now that's a joke! LOL :D but, I think I'll end this discussion here.  Thanks for your time. :)

Stop wasting virtuali's time and go do something productive besides making pointless and idiotic comments.

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2011, 10:07:07 pm »
.... Hopefully by spring it will look alot better for Umberto to consider adding a more completed version...
Just wanted to get an accurate assessment of your assumed timetable for blueprintSim/FSDT, as it might require more time then that for the project to actually be finished - apparently they (KLAX) are having some minor *budgeting* issues and construction is slowing down; or so I hear... ::)

Actually, the issue is a couple of things. First, LAWA is having trouble finding homes for the carrier and ground handling companies which maintain rampside operations offices at TBIT.  There are several rampside offices that need to be moved and before the New North Wing can be completed, the old one has to be demoloshed.

The aircraft can go to the remote gates, which is the plan, but the offices can't. Untill they figure a solution, the old wing isn't going anywhere and it's being left up to the handling companies to find where to move. As for budget, LAWA tried to raise the leases on those current offices (STUPID). The airlines are not biting and on top of that the cost to have new offices in the new terminal will be 30% more fer SQ FT then what the airlines are paying now. The airlines are not happy about this. So yeah construction has slowed a little...

LAWA tried to pull a fast one on the lagacy carriers a while back by raising leases and landing fees. UA,CO,NW,AA didn't bite and fought it. I was at that meeting. The funding is secure, it's those little other projects you don't know about they are squeezing funding for.  ;)

smokeyupahead

« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2011, 10:14:27 am »
Like blue print has said in the past their scenery is for lowest frame rate impact, cost and its not that bad considering it includes the new Intl terminal upgrade,  Hopefully FSDT will include the same if not a future update,  I personally own all FSDT scenery and all duplicates of airports for one reason call me picky or whatever words but I fly AES airports to only AES airports Imaginesim to Imaginesim FSDT to FSDT and so fourth, you get the picture, plus the frame rates at Blueprint are great but always prefer FSDT.
Frame rates are not everything, BP sceneries are really cra.....!!! I don't know how people can buy them!

David DD
DMA-GA790FX, PHENOM 965BE @ 4.0GHZ (cooling by Noctua NH-C14), ATI 6870, 6GIGS DDR2, W764BIT, FSX DELUXE (bojote's cfg. fix, uiautomationcore fix).
TRACKIR and EZDOK, REX2, ORBX, PMDG, CARENADO, FSDREAMTEAM, FLYTAMPA AND SHADE INSTEAD OF ENB SERIES (that fixed once and for all the directx crahes).