Author Topic: FsDreamTeam introduces user controlled Deactivation  (Read 68395 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FsDreamTeam introduces user controlled Deactivation
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2011, 06:02:17 pm »
Have FS9, I am getting a new computer for FSX and FS9, can I use the FS9 airports on both computers

Yes, of course. You have 6 activations, should be more than enough to use both versions on different computers.

steev

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2011, 04:28:02 am »
Hallo,

The computer installing FSDT (earlier cloud9) sceneries has no internetaccess (I am familiar activating manually). Now this new feature might not help me in a case of necessity of reactivation. So would it be in future possible to perform reactivation by e-mailing in the future, too ?

G.Bosak

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2011, 08:15:20 am »
Hi Umberto,

this seems to be a smart and easy way to handle, thank you.

A question based on that, i purchased a new GPU some days ago, does this change affect the licensing of your sceneries and should i deactivate them before fitting the new GPU?

Or generally speaking, which changes does effect FSDT/CLOUD9 licensing, so we know, when it is really necessary to deactivate. Some hints could be useful.

regards

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2011, 10:05:44 am »
So would it be in future possible to perform reactivation by e-mailing in the future, too ?

The user-controlled deactivation doesn't replace the ability to email us for a reactivation, it's just an additional option.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2011, 10:07:25 am »
A question based on that, i purchased a new GPU some days ago, does this change affect the licensing of your sceneries and should i deactivate them before fitting the new GPU?

Usually not, but it depends on the video card. It doesn't do any harm reactivating anyway.

firehawk44

« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2011, 05:28:58 pm »
I just built a new system and successfully installed and activated four of my FSDT products and the new addon manager worked like a charm.  I activated them all in one FSX session.  Thanks for a great product.
Best regards,
Jim

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2011, 12:08:40 pm »
EDIT:

After the initial testing period with the user-controlled Deactivation, starting from today, we also removed the limit of 6 maximum reactivations, they are now unlimited.

There's nothing to do to be upgraded to the new system: it was only a server-side configuration so, it's in already in effect without having to upgrade anything in your installed software.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 06:41:42 pm by virtuali »

Silverbird

« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2011, 01:36:03 pm »
EDIT:

After the initial testing period with the user-controlled Deactivation, starting from today, we also removed the limit of 6 maximum reactivations, they are now unlimited.

There's nothing to do to be upgrade to the new system: it was only a server-side configuration so, it's in already in effect without having to upgrade anything in your installed software.

That is really some great news Umberto I'm fortunate enough to get a new system after years of waiting and I have to reinstall everything again soon, thanks for making everything better and easier for us its really appreciated.
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

sjt375

• Flight Director
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2011, 09:05:20 pm »
If I am switching my FSX from one hard-drive to another (no computer upgrading, already have 2 hard-drives), is it necessary to deactivate?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2011, 09:16:32 pm »
If I am switching my FSX from one hard-drive to another (no computer upgrading, already have 2 hard-drives), is it necessary to deactivate?

No, if you don't reinstall Windows, it won't use an activation.

bankheadd

« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2011, 05:25:20 am »
Well in my case I built a new computer with all new parts and have broken down my old one and wiped them the drives clean but I still have all my scenery installers, Do I need to just reinstall?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2011, 11:42:27 am »
Well in my case I built a new computer with all new parts and have broken down my old one and wiped them the drives clean but I still have all my scenery installers, Do I need to just reinstall?

You just reinstall the Trial and activate it using your Serial Number.

As explained in this thread, to use the user-controlled Deactivation, you have to deactivate the scenery when is still active on the old system. If you can't do this anymore for any reasons, that's not a problem, you will just consume 1 activation when reinstalling on the new system, of the 6 you have available.

sjt375

• Flight Director
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2011, 06:46:44 am »
For overclocking a computer is it necessary to do so? (software and hardware is already-installed, just want to test out how sceneries work prior to overclocking my new card)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2011, 11:49:52 am »
Overclocking doesn't affect activation. If if did, I guess we would have heard plenty of complains by now, since many users overclock their system...

GerardWay

« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2012, 09:08:51 am »
All greetings!
At me in the house two computers and on both computers stand scenes, thus for each scene I fairly used 2 activation. But me it is not clear a little, whether it is possible to make, that when I will buy within the next few days the new computer and I activate there my bought airports, the quantity of registration for the airports remains in number of 2 times? If it is possible, it becomes by means of a choice "Addon menager-> the necessary airport-> Deactivate"?
regards :)