General Category > General Discussion

FsDreamTeam introduces user controlled Deactivation

(1/10) > >>

virtuali:
In an effort to make our activation method as user friendly as possible, we added today a new feature:

User controlled Deactivation
With this option, you'll be able to remove an existing activation for a computer, without having to contact us. Very useful in case you are planning to upgrade your system with major hardware components, reinstall Windows from scratch, or buy an entirely new PC.

If you use this option before starting the hardware upgrade, the OS reinstall or giving away/selling your old PC, the existing activation for any product handled by the Addon Manager will be removed from your system AND from the Esellerate Activation servers too. Which means, your counter of remaining activations will be increased by one.

The big advantage of this feature is, even if you already used all your 6 activations and need a new activation, there will be no need to email us anymore, just remember to Deactivate your existing system before upgrading.

How to get it
You'll get this upgrade automatically if you run any of our scenery installers OR, by downloading and installing the Stand-Alone Addon Manager. The updated versions are 2.8.0.0 in FSX and 1.80 in FS9.

How to use it
With the updated Addon Manager, select any product which is currently Activated on your system, and choose "Deactivate" from the Addon Manager menu for that product, with an Internet connection alive.

After a brief wait, you'll get a message stating that Deactivation completed successfully. Your existing Serial Number will be automatically saved in a .REG file in your Home folder (the folder with your Windows user name), the Serial Number will be cleaned from the registry, and the product will go back in TRIAL MODE, as if was never activated on this system and your remaining activations counter on the server has now increased by one.

Limitations
Please note, you have to do this on the computer you want to update/reformat/sell/dispose BEFORE doing any of those operations. You can't Deactivate a system remotely using another one, or Deactivate it after you have started or completed your upgrade.

There are no limits how many times you can perform a deactivation.

Silverbird:
thanks Umberto I'm very happy you continue to approve the add-on manger I had to reactivate my scenery allot of times since I'm obsessed with reformatting every so often or I'm sometimes changing parts like a network card etc etc. this way reminds me of SecuROM Deactivation but it works well thanks for the update.

PUP4ORD:
Hey that's very nice. :)

Scorpio47:
That is good news and a major step forward towards user friendly management of the licences.

Thank you, Umberto

Andyfly76:
Thanks for this updating, is very useful and hope be followed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version